What the hell happened to the crisis center?

Kiai

May 8, 2005, 11:29:50 PM5/8/05
Jesus, I leave for a couple of weeks and suddenly lynk kills it. It
wasn't that much of a drain on him was it? I know there are some of
you from the crisis center posting here, so if you know some other
place, or another fan group, then point me toward it.

Leonardo-McNichols

May 9, 2005, 1:58:26 AM5/9/05
Easy, Lynk in his OH so infinite wisdom said it wasn't getting enough
attention even though it was getting more than a few hundred hits a
month.
He closed its doors on April 11th and basically gave the rest of the net
the net the finger and decided to horde all the BGC knowledge he
accumulated as well. He could have at least donated a Portion of his
knowledge to the Group here for prosperity. (Yea, I'm not bitter Oh no....
(not) )

Kiai

May 9, 2005, 2:05:58 PM5/9/05
Maybe you should calm down a little. Your getting all heated up because
somebody decided to end the lifespan of a website. Get out, find a new
one, or just quit and go do something else. Find a hobby or something.

the new ilk

May 9, 2005, 2:16:56 PM5/9/05
call the crisis hotline.

Simhopp

May 9, 2005, 7:46:55 PM5/9/05
did that site has any significant information that could not be found
on any other place?

I have compiled pictures of BGC models and books

http://mysite.verizon.net/parabellum/bgc

need to find more obviously.

Brian Dinnigan

May 9, 2005, 8:30:48 PM5/9/05
"Simhopp" <sim...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1115682415.966741.318840
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> did that site has any significant information that could not be found
> on any other place?

I cannot say regarding 2040, but 2032/OAV information can be easily found
in most other locations [the faq, the wiki page, personal pages, etc].
One thing that would be nice is if we could add some more info to the
wiki. It isn't so bad right now, but every little bit helps.

> I have compiled pictures of BGC models and books
>
> http://mysite.verizon.net/parabellum/bgc
>
> need to find more obviously.

It's a very good start, the pictures of the 2040 models cannot be found
elsewhere [at least not easily]. I recall the 2040 Nene model as
existing, but I never saw anything about it beyond that. Do you have any
further information regarding it? I had always supposed that if it wasn't
a really short run g-kit, then it was a one-off.

--
dinnigan *at* nucleus *dot* com
Visit my page of anime(style) fan and original pics at:

Brian Dinnigan

May 9, 2005, 8:34:21 PM5/9/05
yuichi...@hotmail.com (Kiai) wrote in

Um, er... there's here. We're a fan group! We even have "fan" in our
title.

In fact, we were just having a discussion recently about the superiority
of usenet groups to web forums. The conclusions we reached were
suprising, namely:

1. That Usenet groups like this one are great
2. That they are better than web forums
3. That more people should come and post on usenet groups.

And you can trust the unbiased nature of our commentary. We have no
agenda, of course, and our conclusions are totally legitimate. No.
Really.

Really.

I know it's a bit quiet now, but as more people join in, it will get
louder and more interesting. We've got quite a few long-time BGC fans,
and there is a considerable wealth of information regarding the twin
series here.

That, and really interesting people. No. Really.

Really.

shanejayell

May 10, 2005, 6:47:29 PM5/10/05
Another group...
(Blatant self promo!)

rober...@hotmail.com

May 21, 2005, 3:55:57 PM5/21/05
The reason that Lynk closed the site was his own reason, he wanted to
do other things with his life. He believed that the site was taking up
to much of his life, So I'm sticking behind him on his decision on
closing the site. He also had the right to keep everything he had
created for the site, us there anything with that?

Rob Kelk

May 21, 2005, 8:07:41 PM5/21/05

First, I never visited Lynk's website.

I think that the complaints other people have is that he's also keeping
everything that everyone else created for the site. Is there any such
content?

--
Rob Kelk <http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/> robkelk -at- gmail -dot- com
"I'm *not* a kid! Nyyyeaaah!" - Skuld (in "Oh My Goddess!" OAV #3)

rober...@hotmail.com

May 22, 2005, 4:08:38 AM5/22/05

Rob Kelk wrote:

> First, I never visited Lynk's website.
>
> I think that the complaints other people have is that he's also
keeping
> everything that everyone else created for the site. Is there any
such
> content?

Well of the shows to have any information, they where ADP TV and
Bubblegum Crisis 2040. As Far as I know, no one else other then Lynk
claimed to have written and information databases on the shows. I admit
I had been working on the ADP OVA, creating a data base for that show
but it was no way finished when Lynks decided to close up.

The only work I think that wasn't Lynks was the Fan-fiction and Fan-Art
that he hosts for the people. It's up to them where they host it, I had
mine both at C3F and at Fanfiction.net

Oh and the short lived Crisis Management Web comic, that was a joint
job between some of the members. I' can have a word with Lynk about
thoses....

KnightHawk
Robert....

Dreamer

May 21, 2005, 6:44:55 PM5/21/05
In article <1116705357....@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,

Anything that is his, that he created, I can't see anyone but him
having any rights to that, though if he ever wanted any of it to
still be 'on show', I think there are several people quite happy
to help him with that.

Anything that other people sent him, that he did not create, or
pay for, that might be another matter. If he has the only copy of
anything, and the original person who supplied it has lost their
copy, or they are not around on the BGC scene, anymore, then it's
a bit more ambiguous. I depends in some respects whether stuff
they sent him was just supposed to appear on his site, or was on
his site as a convenient way of presenting it to the world at
large.

In the second case...

--
Dreamer
dre...@romsys.demon.co.uk

Leonardo-McNichols

Aug 13, 2005, 11:55:16 AM8/13/05
http://thecrisiscenter.net/ <---- He brought it back up.

lynkf...@hotmail.com

Mar 24, 2019, 6:02:21 AM3/24/19
...wow... after all these years I've discovered this post. Glad you were able to rediscover C3F again, Kim.

For anyone else who finds this message, go here: https://lynkformer.com/2019/03/24/the-anime-crisis-center-returns/