BGC Homepage 404?

Dr_Raven

Feb 20, 2018, 11:50:04 PM2/20/18
I updated my Links page at ravensgarage.com tonight, and sadly found that Brian Edmonds' BGC Homepage site at http://www.gweep.ca/~edmonds/anime/BGC/index.html
is now 404. I tried emailing Brian and it bounced, so it looks like he has let the domain lapse as well. Does anyone know if the site was moved somewhere else?

I managed to snag a copy of the site at the waybackmachine dated Apr 2017, so if i don't hear anything I can archive the site to ravensgarage.com.

Not many BGC sites left standing!

Andy "Pops" Skuse
--
http://www.ravensgarage.com

Dustin Kopplin

Feb 21, 2018, 1:37:27 PM2/21/18
Well, who knows the last time Brian checked on his old site, and probably doesn't know it lapsed. Or if he did know, he might work to bring it back, who knows.

FallenCipher

Feb 21, 2018, 1:50:18 PM2/21/18
Am 21.02.2018 um 05:50 schrieb Dr_Raven:
> I updated my Links page at ravensgarage.com tonight, and sadly found that Brian Edmonds' BGC Homepage site at http://www.gweep.ca/~edmonds/anime/BGC/index.html
> is now 404. I tried emailing Brian and it bounced, so it looks like he has let the domain lapse as well. Does anyone know if the site was moved somewhere else?

Have you tried contacting him via his Twitter @gweep?

Dr Raven

Feb 22, 2018, 8:54:00 AM2/22/18
That's what I'm trying to find out ;)

The gweep.ca domain is now just a placeholder so something major happened, more than just his webspace lapsing and getting deleted. And the last snapshot for it at waybackmachine is June of 2017, so it's been a while.

FallenCipher, I will followup on the Twitter account, thanks!

Pops

thefifthh...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2018, 11:59:37 AM3/11/18
> The gweep.ca domain is now just a placeholder so something major happened, more than just his webspace lapsing and getting deleted. And the last snapshot for it at waybackmachine is June of 2017, so it's been a while.

April. The June snapshot is of a 404 page.

Tom Mitchell

Mar 18, 2018, 11:40:41 PM3/18/18
Hi, guys!

Since I was also a member of his Dirty Pair and Kimagure Orange Road mailing lists, I decided to check up on them via his sites and email last year while they were still up and got no reply. I thought of Twitter too, but he's only posted there every few years. (^_^;

So no luck on this end either. Although the domain is still registered for another couple months according to the .CA registry. I have't tried the address or phone number that's listed there yet.

///Tom///

Dr Raven

May 21, 2018, 6:32:36 PM5/21/18
Going to try one last time... A few weeks ago I asked if anyone knew how to contact Brian Edmonds after noticing his BGC website went 404. I've attempted to contact him via several "trails" including email addresses and Twitter, but have not received a reply. If anyone knows of a way to contact Brian directly please let me know as I would like to revive his website at ravensgarage.com, but would prefer to get his permission before doing so. Thanks!

Pops

Dr Raven

Sep 21, 2023, 10:42:48 AM9/21/23
On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 6:32:36 PM UTC-4, Dr Raven wrote:
> Going to try one last time... A few weeks ago I asked if anyone knew how to contact Brian Edmonds after noticing his BGC website went 404. I've attempted to contact him via several "trails" including email addresses and Twitter, but have not received a reply. If anyone knows of a way to contact Brian directly please let me know as I would like to revive his website at ravensgarage.com, but would prefer to get his permission before doing so. Thanks!
>
> Pops

Well it's been 5 years since I lasted posted about this, but better late than never! I added Brian's BGC site to raven's Garage in April of 2021 and you can find it here:

http://www.ravensgarage.com/bgcedmonds/index.html

Pops

Tom Mitchell

Sep 22, 2023, 7:26:41 PM9/22/23
On Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 10:42:48 AM UTC-4, Dr Raven wrote:
> On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 6:32:36 PM UTC-4, Dr Raven wrote:
> > Going to try one last time... A few weeks ag
> Well it's been 5 years since I lasted posted about this, but better late than never! I added Brian's BGC site to raven's Garage in April of 2021 and you can find it here:
>
> http://www.ravensgarage.com/bgcedmonds/index.html
>
> Pops

It’s great to see you memorialize his site at your venerable page, sir.