Has anyone got a recording of the Vicks commercial?

ashboe

Jun 21, 2022, 10:25:15 AM6/21/22
I'm really sure I heard Barry sing a failed Vicks commercial he wrote - I can only remember a few lines but it finishes with'you'll never guess where it goes, it goes right up your nose'.
I was always sure it was on the Live! albulm, but I can't for the life of me find where it is.
Any help?

Blintzy

Jul 30, 2022, 12:29:48 PM7/30/22
Barry sometimes plays his Vicks commercial and others, in concert and interviews when he does his jingles section but it doesn't appear in the medley on the "Live" album. The lyric is:

You don't put it in your mouth
You don't put in in your hair
Should you put it in your ear?
No, don't you put it there
When you have a cold and you reach for Vicks
You wanna know where it goes?
You shove it up your nose!

There's an interview with him from 2012 where he sings it and some others, here:

https://abc7chicago.com/barry-manilow-music-windy-city-live/1034907/

The Vicks jingle starts about 2mins 45secs into the video.

ashboe

Aug 7, 2022, 8:32:28 AM8/7/22
Perfect - many thanks indeed xx