Barry's Paternal Grandfather

crystal

Jan 4, 2023, 10:21:02 PM1/4/23
Nobody seems to know what happened to him, and I doubt Barry has ever been the least bit curious about him, but I saw this a few weeks ago. Let's just say it's a very interesting bit of history and never in a million years would anyone think this is what happened to him. https://smolenyak.medium.com/finding-barry-manilows-mysterious-grandfather-9e2ec2deaa8#:~:text=The%20coincidence%20was%20too%20much,just%20a%20few%20miles%20away.

Crystal

marvin

Jan 6, 2023, 4:03:13 PM1/6/23
On Wednesday, January 4, 2023 at 10:21:02 PM UTC-5, crystal wrote:
> Nobody seems to know what happened to him, and I doubt Barry has ever been the least bit curious about him, but I saw this a few weeks ago. Let's just say it's a very interesting bit of history and never in a million years would anyone think this is what happened to him. https://smolenyak.medium.com/finding-barry-manilows-mysterious-grandfather-9e2ec2deaa8#:~:text=The%20coincidence%20was%20too%20much,just%20a%20few%20miles%20away.
>
> Crystal

Thank you for posting this story Barry. I guess if Barry's father would have been closer to him, maybe the entire history of
his family would have enfolded differently at least in Barry's lifetime- we will never know.
It is wonderful to read your post and Happy New Year to you.
I miss so many people from the old newsgroup and even the Barrynet message board no longer exists.
But we must move on I guess and there are Barry groups in Facebook and other social media, so we can still connect to other Barry fans.
I look forward to seeing Barry again in Sunrise, Florida next week and I still am writing about Barry after all these years.
If you wish to read my latest story on Barry's concert in Sunrise, go to southfloridatheater.com
May G-d bless you and your family Crystal and stay healthy. Regards, Marvin

crystal

Jan 6, 2023, 8:53:12 PM1/6/23
Happy New Year to you too Marvin. I'll be seeing Barry in Orlando on the 17th; he does like to visit Florida in January doesn't he?
Crystal

dcsharon

Jan 9, 2023, 11:04:03 AM1/9/23
Guess Barry discovered knocking 3 years off his age by genetics!

Thanks for sharing and enjoy the upcoming shows.

(DC) Sharon

marvin

Jan 11, 2023, 11:25:54 AM1/11/23
Barry is probably looking forward to our warm weather in Florida.
However, when he comes to the first of the tour shows in Sunrise, the temperature at night may drop to the 50s.
That is cold for us in the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale area, so Barry will need his leather jacket when he leaves the arena after
the show.
It is good to read your post too Sharon and Happy New Year to you.