OT - Rebecca Luker

Sharon Beavan

Dec 23, 2020, 12:34:37 PM12/23/20
So sorry to learn of Rebecca Luker's passing. She had the voice of an angel and was stunning in the roles she played that I was fortunate enough to see - Mary in Harmony, Maria in Sound of Music, and I saw her play Marian (from Music Man) in a special performance with Shirley Jones singing the role of Mrs. Paroo.

Thoughts and prayers to her husband, Danny.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/23/theater/rebecca-luker-dead.html#:~:text=Rebecca%20Luker%2C%20the%20actress%20and,She%20was%2059.

(DC) Sharon

marvin

Dec 26, 2020, 9:25:34 AM12/26/20
While it is always a tragedy when a person dies, Rebecca was only 59. She had an incredible voice, sounding much like Julie Andrews, and in her short life was a major attraction on Broadway and other musical theatre venues. You were very lucky to see her perform live Sharon. Happy New Year to you and all posters next week. Thanks, Marvin

(DC) Sharon

Jan 6, 2021, 10:34:27 PM1/6/21
Here is the essay Danny wrote on the passing of Rebecca.

https://ew.com/theater/danny-burstein-rebecca-luker-tribute/

(DC) Sharon