Sad news

Scooter

Jun 12, 2010, 11:47:11 AM6/12/10
I'm trying to confirm this in a UK newspaper, but I've just heard from a
friend of hers that Lynn (Killick) Stephens, who began the UK fan club with
Mollie Baldwin, and later ran the club herself, for a total of about 29
years, passed away last week after a long illness. I thought some of you
might like to know. And if anyone has any more details, please let us know.

May she rest in peace.

--
Scooter

Scooter

Jun 12, 2010, 11:59:50 AM6/12/10
Scooter <em...@invalid.com> wrote:

Just learned that this news came directly from Lynn's family.

My thoughts and prayers are with them.

--
Scooter

Scooter

Jun 12, 2010, 12:09:01 PM6/12/10
Scooter <em...@invalid.com> wrote:

BTW, I believe she passed away perhaps just yesterday, and not last week.
I'll see if I can find the obituary, or if you find it, please share it with
us.

Thanks.

--
Scooter

Brenda

Jun 12, 2010, 2:33:17 PM6/12/10

It would be very nice if Garry & Co. were to put this out on a hotline
message. A lot of fans knew her and would probably want to know
that.

Scooter, please let us know if you find an online site for leaving
condolences.

Brenda

Scooter

Jun 12, 2010, 2:58:20 PM6/12/10
Brenda <bmes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 12, 11:47 am, Scooter <em...@invalid.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to confirm this in a UK newspaper, but I've just heard from
>> a friend of hers that Lynn (Killick) Stephens, who began the UK fan
>> club with Mollie Baldwin, and later ran the club herself, for a total
>> of about 29 years, passed away last week after a long illness.  I
>> thought some of you might like to know.  And if anyone has any more
>> details, please let us know.
>>
>> May she rest in peace.
>>

> It would be very nice if Garry & Co. were to put this out on a hotline
> message. A lot of fans knew her and would probably want to know
> that.
>
> Scooter, please let us know if you find an online site for leaving
> condolences.

I imagine there will be something at least by Monday. If I can find it, I'll
pass it along. Or if someone in the UK knows of a site, I hope they'll post
it here.

--
Scooter

Scooter

Jun 12, 2010, 3:01:26 PM6/12/10
Scooter <em...@invalid.com> wrote:

> Brenda <bmes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Scooter, please let us know if you find an online site for leaving
>> condolences.
>

> I imagine there will be something at least by Monday. If I can find it,
> I'll pass it along. Or if someone in the UK knows of a site, I hope
> they'll post it here.

And if you know of a site, but don't want to post here, email me, and I'll
post it.

Email: scootertex at gmail dot com

--
Scooter

shado...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2010, 4:02:45 PM6/12/10
On Jun 12, 3:01 pm, Scooter <em...@invalid.com> wrote:
> Scooter <em...@invalid.com> wrote:
>
> > Brenda <bmesku...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Scooter, please let us know if you find an online site for leaving
> >> condolences.
>
> > I imagine there will be something at least by Monday.  If I can find it,
> > I'll pass it along.  Or if someone in the UK knows of a site, I hope
> > they'll post it here.
>
> And if you know of a site, but don't want to post here, email me, and I'll
> post it.
>
> Email:  scootertex at gmail dot com
>
> --
> Scooter

All I know is that Lynn lost her battle with cancer. What type of
cancer
she had I don't know. One of my UK friends mentioned that in a yahoo
group I'm in.
Linda

dcsharon

Jun 12, 2010, 5:04:28 PM6/12/10
On Jun 12, 2:33 pm, Brenda <bmesku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 12, 11:47 am, Scooter <em...@invalid.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to confirm this in a UK newspaper, but I've just heard from a
> > friend of hers that Lynn (Killick) Stephens, who began the UK fan club with
> > Mollie Baldwin, and later ran the club herself, for a total of about 29
> > years, passed away last week after a long illness.  I thought some of you
> > might like to know.  And if anyone has any more details, please let us know.
>
> > May she rest in peace.
>
> > --
> > Scooter
>
> It would be very nice if Garry & Co. were to put this out on a hotline
> message.  A lot of fans knew her and would probably want to know
> that.

If memory serves me right -- (and I wasn't there, so I this is just
RUMOR) when they closed the BMIFC-UK - she had such a fit because
Barry himself didn't come over to say farewell. It was my
understanding the LA Office sent flowers, or a gift of some sort, but
she may have been disappointed that they didn't come over and thank
her personally.

I know people that sent gifts for the party and they were never
thanked, as she may have been disappointed in how her party turned
out.

(DC) Sharon

Scooter

Jun 12, 2010, 5:26:16 PM6/12/10

But none of those rumors matter now, do they, since she's gone.

--
Scooter

wac...@aol.com

Jun 12, 2010, 5:41:35 PM6/12/10
On Jun 12, 5:26 pm, Scooter <em...@invalid.com> wrote:
> Scooter- Hide quoted text -

True, but all her hard work really was not appreciated during her
life. Hopefully, now that she has passed, someone from Barry's
management will not let her death go unnoticed as she was one of many
fans who were beneficial to his career in the UK.

Susan

Scooter

Jun 12, 2010, 6:05:52 PM6/12/10
"wac...@AOL.com" <wac...@AOL.com> wrote:

> On Jun 12, 5:26 pm, Scooter <em...@invalid.com> wrote:

>> > If memory serves me right -- (and I wasn't there, so I this is just
>> > RUMOR) when they closed the BMIFC-UK - she had such a fit because
>> > Barry himself didn't come over to say farewell.  It was my
>> > understanding the LA Office sent flowers, or a gift of some sort, but
>> > she may have been disappointed that they didn't come over and thank
>> > her personally.
>>
>> > I know people that sent gifts for the party and they were never
>> > thanked, as she may have been disappointed in how her party turned
>> > out.
>>
>> > (DC) Sharon
>>
>> But none of those rumors matter now, do they, since she's gone.
>>

> True, but all her hard work really was not appreciated during her
> life. Hopefully, now that she has passed, someone from Barry's
> management will not let her death go unnoticed as she was one of many
> fans who were beneficial to his career in the UK.

Oh, I agree completely. They owe her a great deal. Previous conflicts,
real or rumored, between fans and/or Barry/tptb, are simply irrelevant
now.

I just commented on Sharon's post because it serves no purpose to talk
negatively about the dead if for no other reason than out of respect for
her family and friends.

--
Scooter

Totosmom

Jun 12, 2010, 6:58:45 PM6/12/10

Very sad news. She did a lot for Barry and his UK fans. My
condolences go out to her family and friends.

Bonnie

IttybittyBarrycommittee

Jun 12, 2010, 7:15:18 PM6/12/10

DC Sharon didn't necessarily post something 'negative'- it was just a
musing as to whether it was a factoid or not. And dead or not, people
are people and it was just a happening she chose to bring up. I
don't think the woman's family would remotely care about what was
posted on this tiny newsgroup.

Scooter

Jun 12, 2010, 7:26:43 PM6/12/10
IttybittyBarrycommittee <barry...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> DC Sharon didn't necessarily post something 'negative'- it was just a
> musing as to whether it was a factoid or not. And dead or not, people
> are people and it was just a happening she chose to bring up. I
> don't think the woman's family would remotely care about what was
> posted on this tiny newsgroup.

Some of her friends do read this "tiny" newsgroup.

--
Scooter

IttybittyBarrycommittee

Jun 13, 2010, 3:04:14 AM6/13/10
On Jun 12, 4:26 pm, Scooter <em...@invalid.com> wrote:

It is a small newsgroup and it doesn't matter if they do, just because
someone passes away, it doesn't mean they weren't human and it doesn't
mean that death makes them perfect. DC wasn't being disrespectful,
but you seemed to jump on her like she was. Always trying to be the
saint.

Reb

Jun 13, 2010, 4:11:12 AM6/13/10
Scooter <em...@invalid.com> wrote in

found this:

Posted by Mark Worrall on June 12, 2010 at 3:59pm

Dear Friends,

It's with great sadness that I write this message. Lynn passed away
peacefully in the early hours of the morning.

As many of you may know, Lynn ran the BMIFC UK for close on 30 years
before retiring a few years ago and throughout that time she touched many
people's lives and hearts and will be greatly missed by all that knew
her.

Condolences to her family, loved ones and friends at this very sad time.

With love,

Mark

Mark Worrall
www.ManilowUK.com
The Official UK Barry Manilow Website

http://goo.gl/oFtE

IreneH

Jun 13, 2010, 7:36:54 AM6/13/10
On 13 June, 00:26, Scooter <em...@invalid.com> wrote:

I first met Lynn in 1981 when she and Molly attended a get-together
organised in Manchester (those were the days) and have met her at
various concerts and conventions over the years. She worked very hard
on behalf of the fans but had a few issues with Garry I think. I know
she was very upset when they closed the UK fan club and amalagmated it
with the US one. Barry was very lucky to have someone like her on his
side in this country even though she did not regard him as some sort
of god and started out as just a fan.

IreneH

IreneH

wac...@aol.com

Jun 13, 2010, 8:14:19 AM6/13/10
On Jun 13, 3:04 am, IttybittyBarrycommittee <barryss...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

This is hardly the time or place to pick a fight. Keep your personal
feelings about other group members out of this thread, at least and be
respectful of a true fan.

Susan

Brenda

Jun 13, 2010, 8:38:11 AM6/13/10
On Jun 13, 8:14 am, "wac...@AOL.com" <wac...@AOL.com> wrote:

> This is hardly the time or place to pick a fight.  Keep your personal
> feelings about other group members out of this thread, at least and be
> respectful of a true fan.
>
> Susan

I agree - I know a lot of people (some who posted nicely about her on
this very thread) were very critical of Lynn in days past, but you put
that crap aside when someone passes, and you celebrate what was
positive about their time here on earth.

Geez, I'd hate to think that if I died suddenly, people would be
trashing me on a public newsgroup at the same time my family was
planning my funeral.

We're better than that.

God bless her.

Peace -

Brenda

Scooter

Jun 13, 2010, 9:36:04 AM6/13/10
Reb <Yo...@ema.il> wrote in news:Xns9D962A937...@94.75.214.90:

> found this:
>
> Posted by Mark Worrall on June 12, 2010 at 3:59pm
>

> Dear Friends,
>
> It's with great sadness that I write this message. Lynn passed away
> peacefully in the early hours of the morning.
>
> As many of you may know, Lynn ran the BMIFC UK for close on 30 years
> before retiring a few years ago and throughout that time she touched
> many people's lives and hearts and will be greatly missed by all that
> knew her.
>
> Condolences to her family, loved ones and friends at this very sad time.
>
> With love,
>
> Mark
>

> Mark Worrall
> www.ManilowUK.com
> The Official UK Barry Manilow Website
>

> http://goo.gl/oFtE

Thanks so much for posting this.

I guess the first time I saw Lynn was when they showed her and Mollie on
that BBC documentary about Blenheim. I think they included it on the
Blenheim tape and/or DVD sold by Stiletto.

--
Scooter

Scooter

Jun 13, 2010, 9:39:35 AM6/13/10
Scooter <em...@invalid.com> wrote:

> I guess the first time I saw Lynn was when they showed her and Mollie on
> that BBC documentary about Blenheim. I think they included it on the
> Blenheim tape and/or DVD sold by Stiletto.

Sorry. I think I spelled Molly's name incorrectly.

--
Scooter

IttybittyBarrycommittee

Jun 13, 2010, 2:30:23 PM6/13/10

I'm not picking a fight, why don't you leave this message for the
other person who 'picked on DCSharon?' Again, I'm just stating the
truth which no one likes to hear.

Jackie

Jun 13, 2010, 6:19:10 PM6/13/10
On Jun 13, 1:30 pm, IttybittyBarrycommittee <barryss...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I'm not picking a fight, why don't you leave this message for the
> other person who 'picked on DCSharon?'  Again, I'm just stating the
> truth which no one likes to  hear.

IBBBC,
The concern was over bringing up alleged baggage or rumors that served
no good to anyone and might hurt those who are friends and close to
the departed. I personally didn't know or meet Lynn, but can respect
all the work and what she put into the UK fan club and the many years
she's put in. It seems you aren't liking hearing that message very
well.

Jackie

Dawn

Jun 13, 2010, 6:38:19 PM6/13/10
On Jun 13, 1:11 am, Reb <Y...@ema.il> wrote:
> Scooter <em...@invalid.com> wrote innews:Xns9D956DC5F...@216.196.97.142:

My condolences to her family.

Aloe Vera Dawn

IttybittyBarrycommittee

Jun 14, 2010, 5:05:23 AM6/14/10

Again, no one likes the truth. DCSharon merely posted that Lynne was
disappointed over running his fan club for many years and when
disbanded, he nary said a peep to her. That is pretty much all DC
said. It wasn't old baggage and it wasn't negative. It wasn't
disrespectful. It was an observation. I step in to defend what she
said and now I'm mean and 'I'm not liking hearing that message'. Your
post makes ZERO sense to me. Not liking hearing what message?

Scooter

Jun 14, 2010, 9:20:00 AM6/14/10
I've had no luck finding an obit for Lynn. I hope if someone can find one,
they'll share it here.

Thanks.

--
Scooter

Reb

Jun 14, 2010, 10:48:53 AM6/14/10
Scooter <em...@invalid.com> wrote in

I'm drawing a blank as well sorry. you might try contacing this guy..

http://manilowuk.ning.com/profile/MarkWorrall

Scooter

Jun 14, 2010, 11:54:37 AM6/14/10
Reb <Yo...@ema.il> wrote:

> Scooter <em...@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> I've had no luck finding an obit for Lynn. I hope if someone can find
>> one, they'll share it here.
>>
>> Thanks.
>

> I'm drawing a blank as well sorry. you might try contacing this guy..
>
> http://manilowuk.ning.com/profile/MarkWorrall

Very interesting... Back on May 26 they slammed the door shut on that site,
and you had to join to even see any of it. Now it's miraculously opened back
up again. Hmmmm......

I don't know how to contact him as you have to join the UK Ning site to do
that, which I won't do. I think he used to read this newsgroup. Maybe he'll
be kind enough to share the obit if he finds it.

--
Scooter

Jackie

Jun 14, 2010, 12:22:01 PM6/14/10
On Jun 14, 10:54 am, Scooter <em...@invalid.com> wrote:

I'm glad they opened it up, just to read the thread dedicated to her.
She sounds like a really special lady that did alot to make UK fans
feel welcome and in the fold -- as attested by UK fans at the NING
site. Lots of positive and warm comments. My thoughts are with those
that knew her and miss her.

http://manilowuk.ning.com/forum/topics/lynn-stephens

Jackie

Barbara Haynes

Mar 21, 2023, 7:48:31 PM3/21/23
I was a personal friend.as well as a BMIFC member..I miss this Wonderful Lady every Day.She was always there for all Fan,s Rip Lynnexxx🎶💞

marvin

Jun 29, 2023, 7:44:44 AM6/29/23
It has been years since Lynn and many other Barry fans, including Carmen, have passed on but this is why we should live the fullest every day of our lives.
On the positive side, Barry is now 80 and still performing in Las Vegas and elsewhere. I think to perform for over 50 years is an amazing testimony to his talent, drive and the power of his beautiful songs that are eternally fulfilling. Marvin