BIG NEWS!! HARMONY previewing Feb 11 in New York!

Suzan

Aug 16, 2019, 8:59:17 PM8/16/19
Just announced in Broadway World News; so happy for Barry, Bruce, and everyone who has worked so hard to bring this play to New York. CONGRATULATIONS!
Suzan
-------------

Musical HARMONY To Play National Yiddish Theatre Folksbiene In 2020

At a performance of his Broadway residency this evening, Barry Manilow announced that his musical HARMONY will make its New York premiere at the National Yiddish Theatre Folksbiene in February 2020.

Previews will begin on February 11, 2020, with an official opening on March 4. The musical will run through March 29 at the Museum of Jewish Heritage. For more information visit: http://nytf.org.

Harmony has has been working its way to Broadway for more than six years. The show previously had productions at the Alliance Theatre in Atlanta and at the Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles.

The previous incarnations of the show starred Tony Yazbeck, Douglas Williams, Chris Dwan, Will Taylor, Will Blum, Leigh Ann Larkin, Hannah Corneau, Matt Bailey, Shayne Kennon, Douglas Williams, and more.

HARMONY tells the true story of The Comedian Harmonists, an ensemble of six young men in pre-WWII Germany who rose from unemployed street musicians to become world-famous entertainers, selling millions of records, starring in over a dozen films, and selling out the most prestigious concert halls around the world.

Yet while The Comedian Harmonists' sophisticated music, paired with hilarious comedy, made them the brightest of stars, the group's mixture of Jews and non-Jews put them on a collision course with history.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/New-York-Premiere-Of-Barry-Manilow-Musical-HARMONY-To-Play-National-Yiddish-Theatre-Folksbiene-In-2020-20190816?fbclid=IwAR1xi8H35WnGtnll46CuHTUGy3vbc-XPgIr726BfcdO79-kylErc5qAQJIg

Carmen

Aug 17, 2019, 8:30:30 AM8/17/19
Here’s the link to the National Yiddish Theatre’s website:

http://nytf.org/

The article says “Harmony” is only playing there until March 29th. I hope that’s not the last we see of it, & if it’s not extended somehow, it’ll find a home on Broadway sometime after that.

Scooter

Aug 17, 2019, 10:09:25 AM8/17/19
Here's a link to the New York Times article:

https://nyti.ms/33CR0qC

And I do like the new logo. Much better than "The Mouth." ;)

https://bit.ly/2KTN5gm

Scooter

Scooter

Aug 17, 2019, 10:30:18 AM8/17/19
Scooter <em...@invalid.com> wrote:

> And I do like the new logo. Much better than "The Mouth."
;)

> https://bit.ly/2KTN5gm

Speaking of the logos, here are some of them. Not sure if
these are in order, but it's interesting to see the different
incarnations.

Original...Bowties & stars (My personal favorite.)

https://bit.ly/2Za0p5J

What a friend called "five mice standing on a plate"...

https://bit.ly/2KCXjTr

More bowties...

https://bit.ly/2KCSY2Q

The mouth...

https://bit.ly/33GsFjK

Scooter

Maria M

Aug 17, 2019, 4:46:13 PM8/17/19
Congratulations to Barry, Garry & Bruce! Barry was over the moon when he announced this last night. We gave him a standing O.

Last show tonight. Not a ticket to be had. It’s been a great run.

Maria

qmcneal...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2019, 7:58:54 PM8/17/19
Have a blast Maria! So glad you have had this incredible opportunity :-)

Wong chueng

Nov 9, 2021, 5:12:03 PM11/9/21
On Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 7:58:54 AM UTC+8, qmcneal...@gmail.com wrote:
> Have a blast Maria! So glad you have had this incredible opportunity :-)
Hello

Carmen

Jan 26, 2022, 12:15:36 AM1/26/22

Brenda Meskunas

Jan 28, 2022, 9:05:28 AM1/28/22
On Friday, August 16, 2019 at 8:59:17 PM UTC-4, Suzan wrote:
> Just announced in Broadway World News; so happy for Barry, Bruce, and everyone who has worked so hard to bring this play to New York. CONGRATULATIONS!
> Suzan
>
> Musical HARMONY To Play National Yiddish Theatre Folksbiene In 2020

Dearest God in Heaven -

Please let this work out for Barry. This poor man has been trying to get this thing moving for DECADES.
PLEASE just let it happen for him already!!!!!

Brenda