Barbra's Old Quad Albums

Michael Sarro

Nov 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/14/96

I understand that the following albums are originally recorded in
Quadrophonic:

On a Clear Day You Can See Forever
Stoney End
Barbra Joan Streisand
Barbra Streisand featuring "The Way We Were"
Butterfly

Will they ever be re-issued in Dolby Surround in 20-Bit SBM? Inquiring minds
want to know.

Michael

markj...@aol.com

Nov 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/17/96

In article <NEWTNews.848037...@stjohns.topnet.net>, Michael
Sarro <stj...@topnet.net> writes:

>I understand that the following albums are originally recorded in
>Quadrophonic:
>
>On a Clear Day You Can See Forever
>Stoney End
>Barbra Joan Streisand
>Barbra Streisand featuring "The Way We Were"
>Butterfly

Michael,

"Originally" is not correct. They were originally recorded and issued in
stereo, and later Columbia issued Quad LPs.

However, CLEAR DAY was never released in Quad.

None will probably ever be released on CD.

Barbye,
Mark

kkise...@aol.com

Nov 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/18/96

In article <19961117184...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
markj...@aol.com writes:

>None will probably ever be released on CD.

I recently picked up On A Clear Day.... on CD. The case says it is
digitally remastered & restored from the original master tapes.

Karen
8)

"It's a very ancient saying, but a true & honest thought, that if you
become a teacher, by your pupils you'll be taught." The King & I
(Getting To Know You)

Karen Kiser
St. Louis, Mo.
kkise...@aol.com

markj...@aol.com

Nov 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/18/96

In article <19961118015...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
kkise...@aol.com writes:

>I recently picked up On A Clear Day.... on CD. The case says it is
>digitally remastered & restored from the original master tapes.

Karen,

I realize CLEAR DAY is out on CD.

When I said "none," I meant the quad albums that actually were released.
CLEAR DAY was never in quad to begin with.

Barbye,
Mark Iskowitz
The Barbra Streisand Music Guide
(http://members.aol.com/barbramusc)

stj...@topnet.net

Nov 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/18/96

> >None will probably ever be released on CD.
>

> I recently picked up On A Clear Day.... on CD. The case says it is
> digitally remastered & restored from the original master tapes.
>

> Karen
> 8)
>

> "It's a very ancient saying, but a true & honest thought, that if you
> become a teacher, by your pupils you'll be taught." The King & I
> (Getting To Know You)
>
> Karen Kiser
> St. Louis, Mo.
> kkise...@aol.com

"On a Clear Day..." was never a Quad album, as you will note above.

stj...@topnet.net

Nov 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/18/96

> Sarro <stj...@topnet.net> writes:
>
> >I understand that the following albums are originally recorded in
> >Quadrophonic:
> >
> >On a Clear Day You Can See Forever
> >Stoney End
> >Barbra Joan Streisand
> >Barbra Streisand featuring "The Way We Were"
> >Butterfly
> >

> Michael,
>
> "Originally" is not correct. They were originally recorded and issued in
> stereo, and later Columbia issued Quad LPs.
>
> However, CLEAR DAY was never released in Quad.
>

> None will probably ever be released on CD.
>

> Barbye,
> Mark

You're right. I was thinking of "Live at the Forum". I just wish Barbra and
her agent would prevail upon Sony to issue some kind of reissue along the
lines of what Legacy just did for Johnny Mathis. They're superb.

Michael

kkise...@aol.com

Nov 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/19/96

In article <19961118153...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
markj...@aol.com writes:

> I realize CLEAR DAY is out on CD.
>
>When I said "none," I meant the quad albums that actually were released.
>CLEAR DAY was never in quad to begin with.
>
>Barbye,
>Mark Iskowitz

Sorry, I misunderstood. (As she attempts to take her foot out of her
mouth ;)

On a related topic, did they ever release a CD of Funny Lady?

B. A. Amie

Nov 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/19/96

Funny Lady on CD has not been released as far as I've seen
Funny Girl of course has.

Amie

markj...@aol.com

Nov 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/22/96

FUNNY LADY was released on a small indie label on CD in the 1980s. I
mention it on my BS MUSIC GUIDE Web site. Of course, it wasn't the Quad
version, which is very interesting to listen to on LP.

We've been hoping (expecting, actually) Columbia/Sony Music would reissue
the CD, restored, remastered, etc., but it still hasn't happened.

David Weiner

Nov 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/22/96

>Amie

Yes, FUNNY LADY was issued on Bay Cities (BCD-3006) in 1990 and went
out of print in 1993 when Bay Cities went out of business.

Dave W.
mw...@hooked.net

Michael Sarro

Nov 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/23/96

In Article<01bbd650$eb527cc0$2056dacd@default>, <ba...@tir.com> writes:
> From: "B. A. Amie" <ba...@tir.com>
> Newsgroups: alt.fan.barbra.streisand
> Subject: Re: Barbra's Old Quad Albums
> Date: 19 Nov 1996 19:34:40 GMT

> Funny Lady on CD has not been released as far as I've seen
> Funny Girl of course has.
>
> Amie

Actually, I've seen it, but was wary of the sound quality.

Stephen Sultan

Nov 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/25/96

All of the albums listed, Clear Day, Barbra Joan, Butterfly, etc..
Have been issued on CD. I have even come across a CD version of Pins
and Needles.

I'm not sure if they're Quadrophonic CDS. I don't think so. BUT...

Clear Day was remastered as were the first, second, and third Barbra
Streisand albums. They sound pretty phenomonal in surround CD.

Most of the other albums have been issued on CD and can be found as
Columbia CD Nice Price, or Best Buy. This usually puts the price at
around $9. One day I did buy 12 CD's for $4 each, though.

Check 'em out!

Ken Wessels

Nov 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/25/96

markj...@aol.com wrote:

> Sarro <stj...@topnet.net> writes:
>
> >I understand that the following albums are originally recorded in
> >Quadrophonic:
> >
> >On a Clear Day You Can See Forever
> >Stoney End
> >Barbra Joan Streisand
> >Barbra Streisand featuring "The Way We Were"
> >Butterfly
> >

> Michael,
>
> "Originally" is not correct. They were originally recorded and issued in
> stereo, and later Columbia issued Quad LPs.
>
> However, CLEAR DAY was never released in Quad.
>
> None will probably ever be released on CD.
>
> Barbye,
> Mark

Hey guys, major league cool discussion. Didn't know Babs' middle name
was Joan- that's how dumb I am.-Ken

--
visit me @ http://members.aol.com/cydonia102/private/ken.html

stj...@topnet.net

Nov 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/26/96

> Clear Day was remastered as were the first, second, and third Barbra
> Streisand albums. They sound pretty phenomonal in surround CD.

Don't forget "What About Today", "A Star is Born", and "The Way We Were"
(soundtrack). They are not, however, in Dolby Surround. You are only getting a
simulation from your system.

> Most of the other albums have been issued on CD and can be found as
> Columbia CD Nice Price, or Best Buy. This usually puts the price at
> around $9. One day I did buy 12 CD's for $4 each, though.

These remaining albums vary in sound excellence, the worst being any with the
AAD moniker on them.

Michael

jvan...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2014, 11:19:07 AM11/30/14
Op dinsdag 26 november 1996 09:00:00 UTC+1 schreef stj...@topnet.net:
the Arista version of the Funny Lady cd includes several of the quadro versions..