Favorite book by King vote

Zubair Khan

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98
I'm just curious to find what would your most favorite
book(non-collection or short stories) written by Mr. King be?
For me it'd have to be : Desperation

Rienk

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
Well, I don't know:

one of these will do:
The Green Mile, Cujo, Dolores Claiborne (this wil start heating things
up here), Gerald's Game, Misery, The Body, Shawshank Redemption... (Gee,
the last two were from collections, sorry)... So almost all King's books
are the best!

Thendara

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
Zubair Khan wrote:

First let me just say that this is almost not a fair question. I
have two favorites for entirely different reasons. One favorite is
'Pet Semetary' because it was the first SK book I ever read, I was
pretty young and it scared the bejesus out of me. I was haunted for
weeks by nightmares of a pet hamster returning. (No shit) Second
favorite is 'Talisman' because the story is so incredibly rich in
detail, the characters are well developed, I cried when Wolf died and
the humor in it made laugh until my sides ached. Sorry can't narrow
it to just one. And why can't we do a separate vote on short
stories/collections?

Thendara
--
'You fear me, because you don't know what I am. I look like a woman,
I sound like a man, and your reason tells you the sum total is

Rienk

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
Thendara wrote:

> Zubair Khan wrote:
> > I'm just curious to find what would your most favorite
> > book(non-collection or short stories) written by Mr. King be?
>

> First let me just say that this is almost not a fair question. I
> have two favorites for entirely different reasons.

I think the question should be: "What is the worst King book you ever
read", that is more fair! No, wait, don't... I already know the answers
by most of you: Gerald's Game (I loved it), Dolores Claiborne (loved it
too), Rose Madder (have to read it) and some would even say Bag og Bones
(pure horror, I like it).Take care,
Rienk

By the way. For me the worst are Insomnia, The Talisman (sorry Thendra)
and Carrie).

Thendara

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
Rienk wrote: I think the question should be: "What is the worst King book
you ever

> read", that is more fair! No, wait, don't... I already know the answers
> by most of you: Gerald's Game (I loved it), Dolores Claiborne (loved it
> too), Rose Madder (have to read it) and some would even say Bag og Bones
> (pure horror, I like it).Take care,
> Rienk
>
> By the way. For me the worst are Insomnia, The Talisman (sorry Thendra)
> and Carrie).

That's ok, sweetie, I had trouble with DC which I know is high on your
personal list. Won't say I hated it but it was tough reading for me, I
guess because it was such a one-dimensional perspective. Rose Madder,
eh....take it or leave it, although I liked the concept of falling into a
painting. Gerald's Game, hehehe, well, hey just because I happen to like
handcuffs and have a collection of whips, wait a minute, that's way more
than you wanted to know.... : o

MartyG5723

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
> Zubair Khan wrote:
> > I'm just curious to find what would your most favorite
> > book(non-collection or short stories) written by Mr. King be?>

I don't think SK ever wrote a BAD book, but my all time favorite is (always has
been, always will be) The Stand. I love the Dark Tower Books but to me the
definitive Stephen King novel is The Stand. It has so much to offer on so many
levels. I've read it at least ten times and even though I know exactly what's
going to happen on every page, I'm still intrigued and never fail to find
something that I missed on the first readings. Whenever I don't have anything
new to read, I'll go back and read The Stand.
MartyG

ca...@my-dejanews.com

Dec 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/5/98

>I've read it at least ten times and even though I know exactly what's
> going to happen on every page, I'm still intrigued and never fail to find
> something that I missed on the first readings. Whenever I don't have anything
> new to read, I'll go back and read The Stand.
> MartyG

Well MartyG, I've read the Stand a few times myself and having just finished
Bag of Bones, I think I'll crack The Stand open tonite. It's my all time
favorite!

--
stamphere

Stetson

Dec 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/5/98

ca...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>>Whenever I don't have anything
>> new to read, I'll go back and read The Stand.
>> MartyG
>>

> Well MartyG, I've read the Stand a few times myself and having just
finished
>Bag of Bones, I think I'll crack The Stand open tonite. It's my all time
>favorite!

Hello,
I'm new to the group, but definitly (sp?) not new to King. I just finished
Bag of Bones a couple of weeks ago. I loved it!! Probably the best King I
have ever read... except of course for The Stand. That book will always be
my favorite. I read the Uncut/Revised issue. I was about 23 at the time
and had not read a book since High School. The size of the book was a
little intimidating at first, so I limited myself to 120 pages a night (most
nights I went over that, tho... go figure) and really enjoyed it. After
that, I just became a King collector. It has been said, "you never get over
your first love". That is a true statement.

BTW, there were a couple I didn't really like... 'Salem's Lot (I'm sure its
a classic, but really amatuerish), and Insomnia... that was a condition I
did not suffer from while reading that book.

One more note. I was actually surprised by the book he wrote for his
daughter, Eyes of the Dragon. There's no horror, but it is filled with
suspense.

Steve

Joe Weismann

Dec 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/5/98
First I have to say that I have favorites on different levels:
Best Overall: The Stand. That is a book that will hold up in history as an
amazing work.
Best Scary: Pet Semetary. I've already posted as to how that book affected
my mental state
Best Read: The Green Mile. It was like King was holding my hand the whole
time, guiding me through a very strange, yet wonderful story. Had to lock
myself up and cry the last few pages.

But of course, the best SK book has to be whatever I'm reading (or
REreading) at the time..

J's Wife B

Chris Adams

Dec 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/6/98
>I'm just curious to find what would your most favorite
>book(non-collection or short stories) written by Mr. King be?
>For me it'd have to be : Desperation

I haven't read that many *novels* by King - mostly short stories - but I
love "IT" and "Insomnia" (although rereading "IT" I realised that setting
"Insomnia" in Derry didn't make much sense given the ending of that book . .
.).

Chris Adams

faranno dei cimiteri le loro cattedrali
e delle citta le vostre tombe.

T. Rex

Dec 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/6/98
Favorites

1. The Stand
2. It
3. Bag of Bones
4. Green Mile

Least Favorites

Gerald's Game
Cycle of the Werewolf
Doloros Claiborne (well-written, the point of view is a great literary
accomplishment, I just didn't think the story itself was very
compelling)

T. Rex
www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Theater/4619

joel c marckx

Dec 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/6/98

Maybe because I just finished it for the second time, but I love Wizard &
Glass the best.

And The Stand.

And It.

And The Dark Half.

And Insomnia.

joel

Rienk

Dec 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/6/98
Count me out! I'm not going to do this poll! the only thing I get when
telling everybody what book I like the most is complaints and deaththreats!
No way! The last time somebody wanted to see me eaten by a Saint Bernard!
Take care,
Rienk

Unai

Dec 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/6/98

Zubair Khan wrote in message +ADw-36676919.C514ACED+AEA-megsinet.net+AD4-...
+AD4-I'm just curious to find what would your most favorite
+AD4-book(non-collection or short stories) written by Mr. King be?
+AD4-For me it'd have to be : Desperation
+AD4-

I also think that Desperation is great, but my favorites are

- IT

- Gerald's Game

- Thinner (although nobody seems to like it.... i hear no comments about
it in the group)

Unai jtalopea+AEA-SPAMbi.ehu.es

lil_mis...@my-dejanews.com

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
Favorite Book Vote? Impossible, I love them all. If I had to pick an
absolute favorite I guess it would have to be The Stand. (BYW, if you
haven't read it, and liked The Stand, you really should check out Robert
MacGammon (spelling) book called Dove? or something like that. Another along
the same lines, don't know the author, but I think it is called Lucifer's
Hammer. Both great "end of the world as we know it" books.

Okay so, 1. The Stand... JUST BECAUSE IT IS THE BEST. 2. Pet Semetary...
Haunted me the longest because I had an adorable little boy who resembled
Gage at the time I read it and it gave me night- and day-mares for a very
long time. 3. Tie between Misery and Gerald's Game for "gross out quotient."
Although Misery actually wins by a nose because when she did what she did to
his feet I broke out in a cold sweat, became extremely nausious and had to
literally put the book down and go splash cold water on my face. I mean,
God, how can someone write something so vivid that you can see, feel and
totally experience the event in such totality? 4. The Dark Tower Series and
The Green Mile. Both absolutely great stories and had/have the quality of
making you wait (sweet anticipation) for the next installment. Never a let
down, either. Although totally different types of stories, entralling
nonetheless. 5. Carrie (maybe should be number 1). First book I ever read by
Steven King and is the one responsible for my undying devotion to him as The
King. Plus, I was around Carrie's age, fat, pimples, rediculed and
ostracized by the ever kind hearted children (NOT!), so I could really relate
to Carrie, and oh, did I ever wish I had her powers!!! Okay, I admit it,
sometimes I still wish I had her powers, okay, so sue me.

I'll stop with 5. Good Enough?

--
Take care you. Love, Donna

"Earth's crammed with heaven, and every common
bush afire with God."

greylord

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
lil_mis...@my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<74hq28$hc0$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>Favorite Book Vote? Impossible, I love them all. If I had to pick an
>absolute favorite I guess it would have to be The Stand. (BYW, if you
>haven't read it, and liked The Stand, you really should check out Robert
>MacGammon (spelling) book called Dove? or something like that. Another
along
>the same lines, don't know the author, but I think it is called Lucifer's
>Hammer. Both great "end of the world as we know it" books.

You are thinking of Swan Song......excellent book, which in some areas was
better than The Stand....but falls behind it overall.

My own vote would have to go to Green Mile. I love a story that can be so
good a read, and leaves you feeling so bittersweet, and envious of someone's
nobility. Overall King's books are on two levels for me...classics and the
"still better than a lot of the crap out there"

Jim

stevie

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
lil_mis...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>Favorite Book Vote? Impossible, I love them all. If I had to pick an
>absolute favorite I guess it would have to be The Stand. (BYW, if you
>haven't read it, and liked The Stand, you really should check out Robert
>MacGammon (spelling) book called Dove? or something like that.

I believe you refer to "Swan Song" by Robert McCammon. An excellent book
indeed, and better than "The Stand" in some ways. Heresy, I know, but
whatcha gonna do?

>Another along the same lines, don't know the author, but I think it
>is called Lucifer's Hammer.

Co-authored by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle. Years since I read it,
but I do remember liking their books, including "LH" and "The Mote in
God's Eye". "Oath of Fealty" wasn't so hot.

Stevie

btw, my fav King is Rose Madder.

Chris London®

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
lil_mis...@my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<74hq28$hc0$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Favorite Book Vote? Impossible, I love them all. If I had to pick an
>absolute favorite I guess it would have to be The Stand. (BYW, if you
>haven't read it, and liked The Stand, you really should check out Robert
>MacGammon (spelling) book called Dove? or something like that. Another

along
>the same lines, don't know the author, but I think it is called Lucifer's
>Hammer. Both great "end of the world as we know it" books.

Wow, Lucifer's Hammer... I read that many moons ago... The author(s) are
Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, two of the SF greats of our generation. If
you check with Amazon.com, you can find it there...

Cheers,
Chris®

cklondon@*nospam*canada.com
NOTE: Please note: to reply legitimately via email, please
remove the *nospam* from my email address

© 1998 Chris London®

lars

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98

Anything before 1990.

Regards

Lars

Zubair Khan skrev i meddelelsen <36676919...@megsinet.net>...

>I'm just curious to find what would your most favorite

>book(non-collection or short stories) written by Mr. King be?

Pascow

Dec 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/8/98
Some of my favorite books by the master crafter have to be: The Stand,
It, and his newest Bag of Bones.
But the best by far has to be the fourth Dark Tower trip; Wizard and
the Glass. Anyone agree?

Poscow
Montana
--
Surf Usenet at home, on the road, and by email -- always at Talkway.
http://www.talkway.com

NYArington

Dec 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/9/98
I've gone through three phases: for a long time it was 'Salem's Lot. Then was
Rose Madder. (Right now I'm finally getting to The Tommyknockers). Loved The
Regulators (I'm a Jim Thompson fan). For sheer brain fun, my fave is Insomnia.

Alkis Polyrakis

Dec 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/10/98
> > Zubair Khan wrote:
> > > I'm just curious to find what would your most favorite
> > > book(non-collection or short stories) written by Mr. King be?

I guess I'm the only one who thinks that his best story ever is The Long
Walk...And yes,I've read all of them.

--
Polyrakis Alkis
University of Patra,Greece

JOEMANJI69

Dec 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/10/98
I've read everything by King except for "The Dark Tower" series. I'm waiting
for all the books to come out before I start to read it. My absolute favorite
King book would have to be "IT". A close second being "Needful Things".

Peter J. Badrick

Dec 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/12/98
I have to admit that I have never thought about this. If I have to pick an
absolute favourite, I would say The Stand (The Complete & Uncut Edition). It
took some reading but the story and the strength of the characters was
fantastic.

Now here is where I contradict myself. My favourite story of King's is The
Body (Different Seasons). It is not a horror story, and this, along with the
Dark Tower series just goes to show that King can write effective and
engaging stories in any genre he chooses.

Peter.

Zubair Khan wrote in message <36676919...@megsinet.net>...

>I'm just curious to find what would your most favorite
>book(non-collection or short stories) written by Mr. King be?

>For me it'd have to be : Desperation

---
pe...@badrick.freeserve.co.uk
peter-...@hotbot.com
http://www.badrick.freeserve.co.uk

Peter J. Badrick

Dec 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/13/98
I agree. It has been a few years since I read Thinner, but I really enjoyed
it. I think I'll read it again before I get Bag Of Bones for Christmas.

Peter.

LiMsFixit

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
>vote
>From: Rienk <rienkd...@wxs.nl>

>Count me out! I'm not going to do this poll! the only thing I get when
>telling everybody what book I like the most is complaints and deaththreats!
>No way! The last time somebody wanted to see me eaten by a Saint Bernard!

Hey Dodd,

Maybe they'll remake Cujo, and then we can all petition King to put you in the
movie... then we can actually see it happen. Coooowell!

Take Care All, Love, Donna

Do not follow where the path may lead...
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

LiMsFixit

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
>From: Rienk <rienkd...@wxs.nl>

>I think the question should be: "What is the worst King book you ever
>read", that is more fair!

But, but, there is no such thing as a bad King book, so how could that be fair.
It's not fair, it's not, it's not, it's not (and I'm not spoiled, etc.)

LiMsFixit

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
>From: Zubair Khan <zub...@megsinet.net>

>I'm just curious to find what would your most favorite
>book(non-collection or short stories) written by Mr. King be?

IMNSHO, The Stand, Hands Down!

LiMsFixit

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
>From: marty...@aol.comX29 (MartyG5723)

>I don't think SK ever wrote a BAD book

Marty, Marty, Marty,

I hail you, I bow to your wisdom, I value your opinion above many others, I
especially appreciate the fact that someone else said it. I have said it
several times! Everyone has their own tastes and interests, but whether I find
one book better, personally, than another, all of Kings books are awesome! You
sound like a true, 100%, die-hard King fan. (I think he could actually write a
Harlequin romance, ugh, and I would love it.)

You know, I also think everyone should note that I have experienced and read
others post that they have found book somewhat lame, then after re-reading
them, they loved them. I would offer a challenge to everyone who thinks some
King novels are bad to at least try to re-read them, you just might be
pleasantly surprised!

LiMsFixit

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
>From: "Unai" <jtal...@SPAMbi.ehu.es>
>

>my favorites are

snip

> - Thinner (although nobody seems to like it.... i hear no comments about
> it in the group)

Unai,

Consider yourself to have an ardent supporter. I loved Thinner. You know, and
this is a fact, my mother used to make Strawberry Pie, which really made life
interesting after that :o)

Rienk

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
LiMsFixit wrote:

> >vote
> >From: Rienk <rienkd...@wxs.nl>
> >
> >Count me out! I'm not going to do this poll! the only thing I get when
> >telling everybody what book I like the most is complaints and deaththreats!
> >No way! The last time somebody wanted to see me eaten by a Saint Bernard!
>
> Hey Dodd,
>
> Maybe they'll remake Cujo, and then we can all petition King to put you in the
> movie... then we can actually see it happen. Coooowell!
>

> Take Care All, Love, Donna
>
> Do not follow where the path may lead...
> Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

You are always so thoughtfull and giving towards people. Aaah, it's so nice you
want to have me eaten by Cujo, I am starting to cry *snif* I'm so happy <lol>
--
Take care,
Rienk

http://node102bd.a2000.nl/dreamloop/
[updated: December 14th, 1998]

"Spirit, buddha and living being
don't differ from each other."

HUI HAI
chinese ch'an/zen master, 720-814

Rienk

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
LiMsFixit wrote:

> >From: marty...@aol.comX29 (MartyG5723)
> >
> >I don't think SK ever wrote a BAD book
>
> Marty, Marty, Marty,
>
> I hail you, I bow to your wisdom, I value your opinion above many others, I
> especially appreciate the fact that someone else said it. I have said it
> several times! Everyone has their own tastes and interests, but whether I find
> one book better, personally, than another, all of Kings books are awesome! You
> sound like a true, 100%, die-hard King fan. (I think he could actually write a
> Harlequin romance, ugh, and I would love it.)
>
> You know, I also think everyone should note that I have experienced and read
> others post that they have found book somewhat lame, then after re-reading
> them, they loved them. I would offer a challenge to everyone who thinks some
> King novels are bad to at least try to re-read them, you just might be
> pleasantly surprised!
>

> Take Care All, Love, Donna
>
> Do not follow where the path may lead...
> Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Andy? Are you reading this? Dolores Claiborne and Gerald's Game are awaiting you!
LOL

stevie

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
LiMsFixit wrote:

> >From: Rienk <rienkd...@wxs.nl>

> >I think the question should be: "What is the worst King book you ever
> >read", that is more fair!

>But, but, there is no such thing as a bad King book, so how could
>that be fair.

IMO, there is one bad King book, and two that are barely mediocre.

Stevie

LiMsFixit

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98

>IMO, there is one bad King book, and two that are barely mediocre.
>
> Stevie

Care to share the titles with us? I promise not to try to get you cast in a
re-make of Cujo!

Rienk

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
LiMsFixit wrote:

> >IMO, there is one bad King book, and two that are barely mediocre.
> >
> > Stevie
> >
> Care to share the titles with us? I promise not to try to get you cast in a
> re-make of Cujo!
>
> Take Care All, Love, Donna

Hey, I am on the cast of Cujo, so even if you wanted hime in the cast it could
not be possible!

--
Take care,
Rienk (Dodd)

http://node102bd.a2000.nl/dreamloop/
[updated: December 16th, 1998]
"Graffiti, what is biting me, wall! Online!"

LiMsFixit

Dec 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/18/98
>Hey, I am on the cast of Cujo, so even if you wanted hime in the cast it
>could
>not be possible!
>
>--
>Take care,
>Rienk (Dodd)

Hey, Cujo is a big dog, I don't think one person will be more than an
appetizer!

Take Care All, Love, Donna

Do not follow where the path may lead...

stevie

Dec 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/18/98
LiMsFixit wrote:

> >IMO, there is one bad King book, and two that are barely mediocre.

>Care to share the titles with us? I promise not to try to get you cast

>in a re-make of Cujo!

Sure. The bad novel is The Shining. The barely mediocre twosome are
Tommyknockers and Carrie. Carrie is excused 'cause it was his first
published novel. As for Tommyknockers ... I consider it the one example
of unbridled writing by King which should have been _severely_ edited.

The Shining ... well it's just personal opinion, but for me it is one of
the most boring, unbelievable novels with the weakest characters I've
read, by King or just about anyone else.

Stevie

LiMsFixit

Dec 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/19/98
>From: stevie <mill...@rogerswave.com>
>Date: 12/18/98 5:02 PM Pacific Standard Time
Actually, I had my fingers crossed when I made that promise. I'm afraid you'd
better start watching around every corner for a very large Saint Bernard. ;o)

DsktlDwnFL

Dec 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/20/98
Well gee, cutting out his short stories really limits the field.....

In my not-so-humble opinion for "fun" reading nothing really beats his short
stories.
Stories like Gramma, the Raft, Graveyard Shift, Battleground (one of my
personal favorites), Trucks, Rainy Season, Crouch End, The Moving Finger, etc.
just make my horror-craving teenage mind shout for joy...plus i can read each
one in less than an hour.

Plus even some of his longer, not quite novel length, stories are very
noteworthy- The Mist, the Ten O'Clock People, the Running Man, the Long Walk
(someone has mentioned this earlier and i agree its one hell of a tale).

And his more serious or lighter fiction shouldn't be ignored- Head Down, Rita
Hayworth & the Shawshank Redemption, the Body, etc.

Why stick to the mainstream, popular novels? I think King's best work lies
within his less prominent tales.

DsktlDwnFL

Dec 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/20/98
Oh and to put an end to my somewhat off subject rambling, my favorite King
novels would have to be:
The Gunslinger (a classic just for introducing us to Roland, plus its darker
nature and totally new mysterious world puts it head and shoulders above the
following books of the series. Not that they aren't good or anything.)

The Talisman (got to mention Straub for the combined effort). Maybe i just like
the adventurous aspect, or maybe because its the first King book i ever read.

The other books of the Dark Tower series, Firestarter, 'Salem's Lot, Pet
Sematary, and Insomnia (for what reason i have no idea). Also get close to the
top of the list for me.

Of course my choices aren't popular ones....all I can say about that is GOOD.
I found the Stand (the book many of you prefer) to be like watching the movie
Titanic twice in a row with added features in the movie: in other words, while
it was a good book and a good experience it was just WAY too much. Don't get me
wrong though, i did like it, it had me fantasizing about being one of those
plague survivors..........

Toaster Strudel

Dec 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/20/98
On 20 Dec 1998, DsktlDwnFL wrote:

> Of course my choices aren't popular ones....all I can say about that is GOOD.
> I found the Stand (the book many of you prefer) to be like watching the movie
> Titanic twice in a row with added features in the movie: in other words, while
> it was a good book and a good experience it was just WAY too much. Don't get me
> wrong though, i did like it, it had me fantasizing about being one of those
> plague survivors..........

Me too! Hell, I even wrote fanfic (fondly referred to as "Standfic")
about it. Matter of fact, the damned thing is 68 pages long and not
finished yet.

Adele Walker

Dec 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/22/98

While

>> it was a good book and a good experience it was just WAY too much. Don't
get me
>> wrong though, i did like it, it had me fantasizing about being one of
those
>> plague survivors..........

I have ot disagree, I liked the stand but I still think that the best book
of his that I read was needful things, (Short stories included I think
Dolans Cadillac has to be in the running too, as well as gramma!)

Adele Walker
ad...@sol.co.uk
298...@tay.ac.uk
www.scoutbase.org.uk

DsktlDwnFL

Dec 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/23/98
Yep, your right, Gramma did kick ass.

natalie lapitz

Dec 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/24/98
well, if i had to choose a favorite, it would be "The Talisman". i've
read that book 5 times and it always amazes me. coming in a close
second would be "The Stand". i love the way he develops characters, i
feel like i'm losing friends when i finish a Stephen King book. um,
well, maybe that's just me...

Terry Bohrer

Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
the Stand

Rhonda Tompkins

Jan 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/3/99
1. The Stand
2. The Dark Tower Series
3. The Talisman
4. The Green Mile Series

0 :-)

Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
Deloris Claiborne

Jan 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/4/99
The Stand
Desperation
The Long Walk

Rhonda Tompkins wrote in message
<3249-368...@newsd-132.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

Terry Thomas

Jan 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/5/99
Mrs Todds Shortcut, check it out, it's in Skeleton Crew (I think !).

Terry (in the UK)

Paprboy55

Jan 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/7/99
The Shining