Where to buy Medieval/Renaissance items?

G.

Sep 1, 2000, 8:36:48 AM9/1/00
Hello and thank you for reading this.

I have recently become very interested in things Medieval/Renaissance.
Please tell me what sites are good for buying items such as swords,
armor, and clothing. Also, is there anywhere that sells things like
pictures, tapestries, wall hangings, and items for shelves/fireplace
mantles from that era? I would really like my living space to have an
authentic medieval/castle feel to it.

Any and all advice/comments would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.
G.

Druid

Sep 1, 2000, 9:33:04 AM9/1/00
I reccomend going to Chivalry Sports. The web addy is
http://www.renstore.com You can get clothes and all sorts of other
goodies for you house and self there as well. I've never had a problem
with them beofre and trust there merchandise. Check em out. Also if
you go to any search engine and type in Medieval/renaissance ring you
can get acess to a good webring for just about everything. happy
hunting and welcome onto this crazy train =)
Matt
--
Sir Matthew Turner
Crafter of Walking Sticks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Kelly Carlson

Sep 1, 2000, 11:36:23 AM9/1/00
Dear G.
I get a great catalog called Toscano... boy could I spend some $$$ on their
home furnishings!
1 800 525-0733
www.designtoscano.com
also
Museum Replicas
1 800 883-8838
www.museumreplicas.com
also
Chivalry Sports
1 800 730-5464
www.renstore.com
Anon!
Kelly Carlson; Event Consultant/Coordinator for hire.
Valhalla Renaissance Festival http://hometown.aol.com/sltcarlson/
Northwoods Renaissance Festival http://www.northwoodsfestival.org/
Oktoberfest http://www.camprichardson.com

Blkwatch14

Sep 1, 2000, 2:44:14 PM9/1/00

Michael Meissner

Sep 1, 2000, 3:15:21 PM9/1/00
gfis...@sybercom.net (G.) writes:

I have a list on my web pages:

http://www.cygnus.com/~meissner/ren.html#Vendors

I'm sure there are other sites that have more information.

--
Michael Meissner, Red Hat, Inc.
Work: meis...@redhat.com phone: +1 978-486-9304

Lady Laurel

Sep 1, 2000, 5:27:02 PM9/1/00
In article <syvgwfn...@tiktok.cygnus.com>,

--I have a few of my favorite links listed on my website. Just go to my
homepage and hit rennie links.
Lady Laurel
JadeWench#886
http://www.homestead.com/chalice/untitled1.html
Aim: LLadyLaurel Yahoo: LadyLLaurel
Love, Light, and Laughter
Once a prince always a prince once a kinght is enough.( HA ya think )
All the world is a stage and we are merely players. (but can we act)
Yes Yes Yes........ I am a blonde!!!

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. --Gandhi
Keep your fears to yourself but share your courage with others. --
Robert Louis Stevenson

Ronda

Sep 2, 2000, 2:11:22 AM9/2/00
In article <39afa0b0...@news2.sybercom.net>,
gfis...@sybercom.net (G.) wrote:

> I have recently become very interested in things Medieval/Renaissance.
> Please tell me what sites are good for buying items such as swords,
> armor, and clothing. Also, is there anywhere that sells things like
> pictures, tapestries, wall hangings, and items for shelves/fireplace
> mantles from that era?

Here are several Renaissance and SCA merchants:

The League Of Renaissance Merchants at:
http://www.faire.net/renmerchant.html

SCA Merchants Row:
http://members.tripod.com/merchantsrow/

Sir Clisto's massive page of links:
http://www.execpc.com/~clisto/clisto.html

--
Ronda
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sir Clisto

Sep 9, 2000, 6:20:05 AM9/9/00
Thanks for the plug, Ronda. I was going to mention my site and its 70
chapters, but you did it for me. Thanks again. I will mention that one
of the chapters on my site is a medieval marketplace where other
rennies place things they no longer want or use for sale, for free so
others may take advantage of them at greatly reduced prices. Many
things have sold from there, and, there are some things there yet. I
made that as a service for rennies. Check it out.

Sir Clisto

Sir Clisto Seversword Knight of the Holy Blade of York,
Sir Ian MacTavish, Regent Lord of Clan IronWolf,
22 Year Bristol Faire Veteran
Ren Merc, Rogue #289, Ren Vet
Official Ren Geek
Maintainer of a golden B.O.W.I.
Lord of Guinness
King of Berry Weiss
Friends of Faire #001 - Bristol
Pub Crew Member - Michigan,
Alewulf Member - Bristol
“The Guild” Jousting Member - Texas
Writer for Renaissance Magazine
Keeper of the Sheep
Knight of the Rose
93.3% Faire Corrupt (I need help)
Outlander Mercenary
Maintainer of the Power of Cheese
Weiss d’Berry Leinenkugel Tankardous of Sarcastica, - He who is ever
filled with the pink fluid of life

Oh...the sweet reward of knighthood lies not in the true noblest of
deeds, but is buried deep within the eyes and heart of his one true
admiring lady.

http://www.execpc.com/~clisto/clisto.html

In article <8oq5m1$k25$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Daniel Gump

Sep 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/16/00
If you're still looking for a site that sells Medieval/Renaissance armor,
jewelry and accessories, mine is at http://chainmailsales.com. If you
have any questions, feel free to email me at danie...@chainmailsales.com.

Daniel

xymk...@gmail.com