Mormonism: The Most Transhumanist Religion?

Mentifex

May 9, 2011, 7:01:45 PM5/9/11
Just when you think you've seen everything,
http://hplusmagazine.com (Humanity Plus Mag)
adds in something one step beyond.

http://hplusmagazine.com/2011/05/09/mormonism-the-most-transhumanist-religion
is an article about the special nature of Mormonism
vis-a-vis Transhumanism, written by Lincoln Cannon
of the Mormon Transhumanist Association and by
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Goertzel who is
arguably the Albert Einstein of artificial intelligence.
Think. Ponder. Enjoy

Mentifex
--
http://cyborg.blogspot.com
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html

Logan Sacket

May 10, 2011, 6:45:48 PM5/10/11
On Mon, 9 May 2011 16:01:45 -0700 (PDT), Mentifex <ment...@myuw.net>
wrote:

>Just when you think you've seen everything,
>http://hplusmagazine.com (Humanity Plus Mag)
>adds in something one step beyond.
>
>http://hplusmagazine.com/2011/05/09/mormonism-the-most-transhumanist-religion
>is an article about the special nature of Mormonism
>vis-a-vis Transhumanism, written by Lincoln Cannon
>of the Mormon Transhumanist Association and by
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Goertzel who is
>arguably the Albert Einstein of artificial intelligence.
>Think. Ponder. Enjoy
>
>Mentifex

Interesting.

Mormonism though is not "just Christiainity, with some other crazy
stuff" Mormonism is just clearly not Christian at all.

• R. L. Measures.

May 11, 2011, 9:48:11 AM5/11/11
In article <4dcdbfe5...@news.eternal-september.org>,
logan....@gmail.com wrote:

** This is no big deal since Christian doctrine is mostly the result of
how the voting went in AD325 at the Church Council at Nicaea, Asia Minor.

--
Richard L. Measures. AG6K, 805-386-3734, www.somis.org

Logan Sacket

May 11, 2011, 8:54:52 PM5/11/11
On Wed, 11 May 2011 06:48:11 -0700, r...@somis.org (• R. L. Measures.)
wrote:

Though at Nicaea, the council was gathered to convince heretics of
their errors. Sort of like Mormonism claiming to be Christian.

• R. L. Measures.

May 11, 2011, 11:43:50 PM5/11/11
In article <4dcc2f7c...@news.eternal-september.org>,
logan....@gmail.com wrote:

** The Holy Trinity was hatched at Nicaea.

Logan Sacket

May 12, 2011, 6:10:59 PM5/12/11
On Wed, 11 May 2011 20:43:50 -0700, r...@somis.org (• R. L. Measures.)
wrote:

Actually, Tertullian, around 200 AD, started using the word Trinity to
express the nature of God.

• R. L. Measures.

May 12, 2011, 8:31:06 PM5/12/11
In article <4dcd5a75...@news.eternal-september.org>,
logan....@gmail.com wrote:

• The Trinity was proposed to make the imperfect "Son of man" into the
supposedly perfect sacrifice and provide an excuse to compel mass
attndence at a commerative paganesque ritual cannibalistic ceremony.
called Mass wherein wine and bread magicly change into the blood and flesh
of the dearly departed rabbi in the mouths of the Faithful .

Logan Sacket

May 13, 2011, 9:20:40 PM5/13/11
On Thu, 12 May 2011 17:31:06 -0700, r...@somis.org (• R. L. Measures.)
wrote:

That's mostly a mormon belief.

>and provide an excuse to compel mass
>attndence at a commerative paganesque ritual cannibalistic ceremony.
>called Mass wherein wine and bread magicly change into the blood and flesh
>of the dearly departed rabbi in the mouths of the Faithful .

Do cannibals eat their enemies to remember them?

• R. L. Measures.

May 13, 2011, 11:21:52 PM5/13/11
In article <4dced806...@news.eternal-september.org>,
logan....@gmail.com wrote:

• The Church of Rome approved the Trinity and began celebrating Mass in
the 4th century,. Oerhaps the Trinity was a takeoff on Mithraism's sun
god - who also has MPD ?

>>and provide an excuse to compel mass
>>attndence at a commerative paganesque ritual cannibalistic ceremony.
>>called Mass wherein wine and bread magicly change into the blood and flesh
>>of the dearly departed rabbi in the mouths of the Faithful .
>
>Do cannibals eat their enemies to remember them?

• I don't know but ritual cannibalism is pretend cannibalism, not real
cannibalism.

Logan Sacket

May 14, 2011, 6:38:42 PM5/14/11
On Fri, 13 May 2011 20:21:52 -0700, r...@somis.org (• R. L. Measures.)
wrote:

The Church of Rome has always been behind the times.

>>>and provide an excuse to compel mass
>>>attndence at a commerative paganesque ritual cannibalistic ceremony.
>>>called Mass wherein wine and bread magicly change into the blood and flesh
>>>of the dearly departed rabbi in the mouths of the Faithful .
>>
>>Do cannibals eat their enemies to remember them?
>
>• I don't know but ritual cannibalism is pretend cannibalism, not real
>cannibalism.

What good is it then?

• R. L. Measures.

May 14, 2011, 9:53:21 PM5/14/11
In article <4dd00425...@news.eternal-september.org>,
logan....@gmail.com wrote:

>>the 4th century,. Perhaps the Trinity was a takeoff on Mithraism's sun

>>god - who also has MPD ?
>
>The Church of Rome has always been behind the times.

• It only took 392 years for a pope to admit that Galileo and Copernicus
were right - so things are looking up Logan.

>>>Do cannibals eat their enemies to remember them?
>>
>>• I don't know but ritual cannibalism is pretend cannibalism, not real
>>cannibalism.
>
>What good is it then?

• it provides an excuse for the faithful to peroidically attend church.