Re: In defence of Minsky A.I. in three weeks

Mentifex

Apr 5, 2013, 2:01:43 PM4/5/13
On Mar 30, 3:52 pm, Gary Forbis <forbisga...@msn.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, March 30, 2013 12:56:41 PM UTC-7, Curt Welch wrote:
> > Gary, it looks to me like you just replied to a Usenet article that was
> > itself, 10 years old???  Did you make the mistake of thinking it was new?
[...]
More recently, Marvin Minsky and (ahem) Mentifex were discussing AI
at

but I have not seen Minsky in person for about thirty years.

This morning on Fri.5.APRIL.2013 I was working on the

http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html

software and I solved a major bug that was causing the
AI Mind to select the wrong form of the self-concept "I".
The JavaScript AI Mind is gradually approaching a
condition of error-free running and thinking. It will be
an amazing thing when the JavaScript AI can think
continuously and not make grammatical mistakes.
Further work will involve expanding the AI Mind
more than debugging the AI Mind.

Mentifex (Arthur)
--
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/Dushka.html