Evil Ottawa Citizen Article: Check it Out Al!

Jamie Hugh Kelly

Feb 20, 1994, 7:51:11 PM2/20/94

Note: Did you change your name recently Al

Article in the Ottawa Citizen, Page A6 Sunday, January 30, 1994:
Remembering a 'Bloody Massacre' 25 years ago today 7 people were killed by
a man with an axe Buffalo Narrows, Sask. -- The alter boy who was a good
hockey player snapped when he was told to leave the party. Fredrick Moses
McCallum came back that night 25 years ago and chopped with a fire axe at
the heads of eight people as they slept. One survived.
It was in the remote northwestern Saskatchewan village of Buffalo
Narrows, during the early morning hours of Jan. 30, 1969, that one of the
worst mass murders in the province's history took place.
Elsie Pederson, whose brother Tom and four nieces and nephews were
murdered, says she'll never forgive or forget.
"Something like this never leaves you, no matter how many years go
by," Pederson said recently from her home in Buffalo Narrows.
"It's difficult to think of him walking around free and clear.
More and more, society doesn't look out for the people who have suffered."
McCallum, then 19, was found not guilty by reason of insanity for
the deaths of Tom Pederson, 32, his wife Bernadette, 32, a friend, John
Baptiste Herman, 48, and the Pederson children Grace Ann, 8, Robert
Thomas, 5, Richard Daniel, 4, and Rhoda Beatrice, 2.
Fred, 7, survived the attack but later died, a victim of a
hit-and-run driver.
The attack came less than two years after shooting deaths of nine
members of another family, the Petersons, in another small Saskatchewan
community, Shell Lake - also by a man who was judged insane. McCallum was
sent to a prison for the criminally insane in Penetanguishine, Ont., where
he spent 20 years. He was released in 1989 and now lives in Ontario - a
condition of his release was that he not return to Saskatchewan.
Even now, memories of entering the blood-stained house are still
vivid for those who were first called to the scene.
"There are some things you try and forget," said RCMP Staff Sgt.
Wally Turk.
"It was a bad one, a house of horrors. In my 28 years (on the
force), I've never experienced anything like that."
Bruce Clarke operated a taxi and ambulance service in the village.
He remembers the ashen face of the officer.
"He kept repeating, 'It's a bloody massacre.' I tried to keep him
quiet - my wife was still sleeping and I didn't want her to awaken. I
realized the officer was in shock. He stood at the door and kept going to
the sink to get a glass of water."
Less than an hour after police were called, they arrested and
charged McCallum. He had confessed to the priest at the village church
where he had served as an alter boy. The priest then called the police.
"Sure I killed them, so what?" McCallum told the arresting
officers. "I was going to get you with an axe tonight too. I'll kill you
when I get out."
Turk, who coached a boys' hockey team in Buffalo Narrows,
remembers McCallum as his favorite player. "He was an aggressive guy, not
afraid to go into the corners."
Serge Kujawa, who prosecuted McCallum, said the boy was a bitter,
angry young man whose nine brothers and sisters were fathered by different
men.
At the trial it was learned he felt angry at being told to leave a
party at the Pederson house.
"There was a lot of drinking in the house, everyone had passed out
and was sleeping. He felt slighted for being left out of the party,"
Kujawa said.
As a member of a board that annually reviewed prisoners' progress
at Penetanguishene, Kujawa said he later built a rapport with McCallum.
"He has become a productive member of society and, if I didn't
think that, it would be criminal for me to recommend his release."

--
"He, more than anyone, turned Canada into a people of whining
politically conformist welfare addicts" - Conrad Black on Pierre

Eric Blace

Feb 20, 1994, 9:06:12 PM2/20/94

In a previous article, ab...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Jamie Hugh Kelly) says:

>Article in the Ottawa Citizen, Page A6 Sunday, January 30, 1994:

>"He, more than anyone, turned Canada into a people of whining

>politically conformist welfare addicts" - Conrad Black on Pierre
>Elliott Trudeau.

Now we really do have evil on the Net. Conrad Black is one Evil Prick.
He's Canada's answer to Rush Limbaugh. You can rest assured that if
Conrad Black hated Trudeau, Trudeau must have been doing something right.
--
A week ago, I had a good job....I fought with my boss and now I
supervise an Insane Asylum. I wish someone would commit my Boss!