6 times Harry Reid crossed the line with his venomous comments

Ubiquitous

Dec 9, 2016, 4:21:04 AM12/9/16
Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev. (F, 2%) gave his farewell
speech on the Senate floor Thursday morning. Reid retires as the
longest-serving senator from the state of Nevada, and to that I say:
Goodbye and good riddance.

The 77-year-old Reid has been a toxic presence in Congress for over
three decades. He regularly and recklessly demonizes his political
opponents and carelessly lies to promote his left-wing agenda.

Here are just a few times his comments crossed the line:

1. Reid compares Republican opponents of Obamacare to supporters of
slavery

Back in 2009 as the health care reform debate was still raging, Reid
demonized the Republican opponents of Obamacare by comparing them to
supporters of slavery.

“Instead of joining us on the right side of history, all the
Republicans can come up with is, ‘slow down, stop everything, let’s
start over.’ If you think you’ve heard these same excuses before,
you’re right,” Reid said. “When this country belatedly recognized the
wrongs of slavery, there were those who dug in their heels and said
‘slow down, it’s too early, things aren’t bad enough.’”

2. Demonizing the Tea Party

It was not just Republicans in Congress Reid attacked. The grassroots
Tea Party movement rose up in opposition to the Obama administration
and its disastrous Obamacare, flipping the House of Representatives to
Republican control in 2010 and granting the GOP control of the Senate
in 2014, largely based on promises that Republicans would fight the
government takeover of health care.

In 2013, Reid compared those Tea Party activists to violent anarchists
who started World War I:

:“Who is the tea party? Well, understand, when I was in school, I
:studied government, among other things, and prior to World War I and
:after World War I we had the anarchists,” Reid began. “Now they were
:violent — you know, some say that’s what started World War I, the
:anarchy moment — but they were violent. They did damage to property
:and they did physical damage to people.”
:
:“The modern anarchists don’t do that — that’s the tea party,” Reid
:clarified. “But they have the same philosophy as the early
:anarchists: They do not believe in government. Anytime anything bad
:happens to government, that’s a victory to them. And that’s what’s
:happened. We have absolute gridlock created by a group of people who
:represent few Americans. But it makes it extremely difficult to get
:things done.”

3. Characterizing the Koch Brothers as “un-American"

Reid has a particular hatred for Charles and David Koch, the two
billionaire donors to liberty-minded causes and candidates.

"These two brothers ... are about as un-American as anyone that I can
imagine," then Senate Majority Leader Reid said in February 2014.
"It's too bad that they are trying to buy America. And it's time that
the American people spoke out against this terrible dishonesty of
these two brothers.”

Funny how supporting free-market principles always equates to “buying”
power in the liberal’s mind..

4. The victims of Obamacare are liars

Obamacare has led to the cancellation of millions of health insurance
plans for Americans all across the country. In 2014, Reid dismissed
those personal tragedies and stories as “lies.”
https://youtu.be/MdkpMZly2yo

5. Lying about Mitt Romney’s tax returns

While Harry Reid went around accusing the victims of Obamacare of
lying, he himself egregiously lied during the 2012 presidential
campaign.

"[Romney has] refused to release his tax returns, as we know. If a
person coming before this body wanted to be a cabinet officer, he
couldn't be if he did the same refusal Mitt Romney does about tax
returns," Reid said in August 2012.

"So the word's out that he hasn't paid any taxes for 10 years. Let him
prove that he has paid taxes, because he hasn't," he said. That was a
complete and total fabrication. Reid has never retracted, nor
apologized, for those remarks.

6. Republicans literally are poisoning people

In another outrageous remark from 2012, Reid, speaking from the Senate
floor, accused Republicans of poisoning American citizens. Literally
putting “arsenic and mercury in the water of the American people.”

https://youtu.be/_032OAYRXIo

It’s safe to say the only poison excreting from Congress has been from
Harry Reid’s venomous nature and words.

We can be thankful his toxicity will no longer disgrace the halls of
the U.S. Senate.

--
Crooked Hillary demands a vote recount--except in states she barely
won. Apparently, those were accurately tabulated.

jane.playne

Dec 9, 2016, 11:48:26 AM12/9/16
.

I would add a seventh. It was actually part 5.a.

Long afterwards, Reid was asked if he regretted is lie about Romney not
paying taxes. Reid's response was, "He didn't get elected; did he?"

Reid has ZERO scruples. Reid, and other progressives, don't mind
crossing the line because Reid, and other progressives, believe that the
ends justifies the means.

Beam Me Up Scotty

Dec 9, 2016, 12:02:51 PM12/9/16
On 12/09/2016 11:48 AM, jane.playne wrote:
> On 12/9/2016 4:21 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev. (F, 2%) gave his farewell
>> speech on the Senate floor Thursday morning. Reid retires as the
>> longest-serving senator from the state of Nevada, and to that I say:
>> Goodbye and good riddance.
>>
>> The 77-year-old Reid has been a toxic presence in Congress

Enough said, lets just be happy the slime ball is gone.

--
That's Karma