Pooh on Pooh-Pooh Pritchler!

Skip to the first unread message

Bill Palmer

6 Dec 2001, 20:25:4906/12/2001

"Pooh-Pooh Pritchler" has been getting under my screen
again.

Now, "Pooh-Pooh" is not a real person but merely a
construct based on the way certain strings of words have
assembled on my monitor when I'm reading the writing
group that Pooh Pooh loiters in.

That is not to say Pooh Pooh's a straw man, of course.
He's here all right and he would not miss reading this
posting for the world.

Hi, Pooh Pooh. Good to see ya' back.

As you may know, old Pooh-Pooh's a member emeritus
in the Usenet Levellers Society. Members of that
very traditional club hold that since nobody gets
paid for his Usenet writing, then all Usenet writers
are equal, not only in rights and responsibilities, but
in talent, number of readers, and follow-up.

All are equal, and all post pooh-pooh.

Well, as the Word Screen Man, I am assembling
here before you to say...say? No, to SHOUT--

"WELL, POOH ON YOU, POOH POOH PRITCHLER!"

Pooh Pooh's irritating behavior seems unbounded
at times.

He knows very well that I have a few-hundred
Google GEMS (Google mentions) of proof of
my being the world's first Word Screen Man,
so now--after apparently feelling foolish for
proclaiming that any such thing was
impossible--he declares that we are
ALL word screen men or at least word
screen people.

Uh, uh, Pooh Pooh, not so fast here.

As the original Word Screen Man, I can tell you
you are not a word screen person--

a) If you fancy that your real readers are out
there someplace in the "real world," and if
if show by your snooty remarks that you
feel you are slumming in Usenet
newsgroups.

Pooh Pooh, did you ever ONCE stop and
think how insulting that sort of thing is to
your readers?

b) If you snootily sniff that no one does REAL
writing in Usenet and you become rather
vindictive when anyone proves you wrong.

(Most of all, if you bend over backwards to
ignore the same real writing that reveals
you for, if not a liar, then at least a dragger
with your BUTT offensively protruding into
Usenet and your head firmly ensconced'
in print world literary tradition.)

c) If you lack the writer's spine or whatever it
is that at least sometimes lets you roll
your thoughts from your mind right into
the net, to maximize your originality
of expression.

So, you see, it srtikes me as very ironic that
Pooh Pooh Pritchler would come out with a
statement that everyone is now a word screen
person when the sum of his assembled words
in these and other groups says just the opposite.

alt.genius.bill-palmer.slan.the.one.the.only.word

screen

man...

Rev. Magdalen

7 Dec 2001, 00:14:2907/12/2001
Huey, where the heck ARE you and what time did you tell your computer it
was? Your posts always show up (at least on my newsreader) as being from
tomorrow! Hence, they stay at the top while lesser posts come in below
them. If you've found a way to get to tomorrow early, it would be nice if
you could let the rest of us know what we can expect from it!

"HellPope Huey" < hope...@ipa.net> wrote in message

> ----------
> In article <9up5r3$ksq$1...@slb6.atl.mindspring.net>, "Bill Palmer"

> <wil...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> > "Pooh-Pooh Pritchler" has been getting under my screen
> > again.
> > construct based on the way certain strings of words have
> > assembled on my monitor when I'm reading the writing
> > group that Pooh Pooh loiters in.

> > in the Usenet Levellers Society. Members of that
> > very traditional club hold that since nobody gets
> > paid for his Usenet writing, then all Usenet writers
> > are equal, not only in rights and responsibilities, but
> > in talent, number of readers, and follow-up.
>

> That's abject horseshit on the face of it. The simple number of users
> insures that the level of "talent" and follow-up will vary, sometimes
> wildly. You're swallowing too much of your own hot air again. I knew you
> were a self-inflated ballon of hubris, but I always figured you had a
LITTLE
> better logic than that. Oh my.

> > All are equal, and all post pooh-pooh.
>

> Well, "equal" is more horseshit, but the pooh-pooh part rolls around like
> $95 paint job, so your statement of the obvious turns the beer green. I
> prefer a more verdant shade, but olive green is winning out lately.

> > Well, as the Word Screen Man, I am assembling
> > here before you to say...say? No, to SHOUT--
> >> "WELL, POOH ON YOU, POOH POOH PRITCHLER!"
> >> Pooh Pooh's irritating behavior seems unbounded
> > at times.
>

> Look out, Attack of the 50-Foot Liberal Arts Degree That Gave "Liberal" A
> Bad Name It Didn't Really Deserve. If you can find a bigger boor than
palmer
> here, you buy it! If you go Google, you'll find tens of thousands of
> palmerposts. Insert the matching words "yak" + "crap" and you'll find them
> all again.
>
> If we took a poll, I'm sure the line to drink in more of your wisdom and
> escapades would be far shorter than the one to take a steaming dump in
your
> ventricles. Silly palmerweasel.
>
> HellPope Huey, hellpo...@subgenius.com
> Its a WAR of balls,
> so don't let 'em roll away cheap,
> GRAB THEM AND HOLD ON REAL HAARRRDDD!! Ouch
>
> "You mean ONE kids swallows a prize
> and every OTHER kid has to PAY for it?"
> - "The Ripping Friends"
>
> "Why am I nervous?"
> "Because its not amoral."
> - "The West Wing"
>
> "Holy flurking shnit!"
> - Kang

Bill Palmer

7 Dec 2001, 03:30:4307/12/2001

"Rev. Magdalen" <magd...@attbi.com> wrote in message

> Huey, where the heck ARE you and what time did you tell your computer it
> was? Your posts always show up (at least on my newsreader) as being from
> tomorrow! Hence, they stay at the top while lesser posts come in below
> them. If you've found a way to get to tomorrow early, it would be nice if
> you could let the rest of us know what we can expect from it!
>

> "HellPope Huey" < hope...@ipa.net> wrote in message

Still trolling me, eh, Huey? And of course, I think all our readers
are well-aware that a cretinous slob like you would OF COURSE
be an entusiastic member of the "Usenet Leveller Society"
(putting you in the good company of Pooh Pooh Pritchler)
since the (satirically created) ULS makes you feel like your
troglodyte grunts are the equal of the posted productions of
the (ahem) best writers on the net. They aren't. Your posted
grunts only amaze readers by showing them how closely
your poorly-assembled words approximate the sounds
that might be expected to emanate from a warthog'
with mad cow disease..

alt.genius.bill-palmer.slan

[...] Snip of the rest of the post since Warthog Huey
the Mad Butcher of Usenet hacked it all up, in
.his nutty frenzy.

asha_anderson

7 Dec 2001, 12:22:1007/12/2001
On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 17:25:49 -0800, "Bill Palmer"
<wil...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>b) If you snootily sniff that no one does REAL
> writing in Usenet

What's *real* about any writing, whether it's done on paper, carved in
stone or glowing on a word screen, paid for or free? Words are only
*real* when they enter the mind of the reader and then they are only
as *real* in their effects. There is no substitute for good writing.

a.
www.ashabot.com

little toad

11 Dec 2001, 16:34:1411/12/2001

"HellPope Huey" < hope...@ipa.net> wrote in message

> ----------
> In article <9up5r3$ksq$1...@slb6.atl.mindspring.net>, "Bill Palmer"
> <wil...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> > "Pooh-Pooh Pritchler" has been getting under my screen
> > again.
> > construct based on the way certain strings of words have
> > assembled on my monitor when I'm reading the writing
> > group that Pooh Pooh loiters in.
> > in the Usenet Levellers Society. Members of that
> > very traditional club hold that since nobody gets
> > paid for his Usenet writing, then all Usenet writers
> > are equal, not only in rights and responsibilities, but
> > in talent, number of readers, and follow-up.
>
> That's abject horseshit on the face of it. The simple number of users
> insures that the level of "talent" and follow-up will vary, sometimes
> wildly. You're swallowing too much of your own hot air again. I knew you
> were a self-inflated ballon of hubris, but I always figured you had a
LITTLE
> better logic than that. Oh my.
>
> > All are equal, and all post pooh-pooh.
>
> Well, "equal" is more horseshit, but the pooh-pooh part rolls around like
> $95 paint job, so your statement of the obvious turns the beer green. I
> prefer a more verdant shade, but olive green is winning out lately.
>
> > Well, as the Word Screen Man, I am assembling
> > here before you to say...say? No, to SHOUT--
> >> "WELL, POOH ON YOU, POOH POOH PRITCHLER!"
> >> Pooh Pooh's irritating behavior seems unbounded
> > at times.
>
> Look out, Attack of the 50-Foot Liberal Arts Degree That Gave "Liberal" A
> Bad Name It Didn't Really Deserve. If you can find a bigger boor than
palmer
> here, you buy it! If you go Google, you'll find tens of thousands of
> palmerposts. Insert the matching words "yak" + "crap" and you'll find them
> all again.
>
> If we took a poll, I'm sure the line to drink in more of your wisdom and
> escapades would be far shorter than the one to take a steaming dump in
your
> ventricles. Silly palmerweasel.

bits of parmesan, rice and spinach landed on my 'r' key as i read this,
huey.

little toad

unaj...@gmail.com

11 Jan 2014, 16:45:4611/01/2014