Esperanto is dead

Evan-Josh Roose

Jul 14, 2004, 10:57:33 PM7/14/04
I think it's dead, sorry.

Nophké

Jul 17, 2004, 8:11:16 AM7/17/04
> I think it's dead, sorry.

Yes you are right! You THINK it is dead.
I speak esperanto and I SEE esperanto is not dead.

Tiago Quelhas

Aug 5, 2004, 8:28:46 AM8/5/04
"Evan-Josh Roose" <nitr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I think it's dead, sorry.

It is a bit controversial to say Esperanto is dead when a respectable amount
of people around the world do speak it on a daily basis, even if only as a
second language (it was never meant to be a first language, anyway...) Then
again, you could have a different interpretation for "respectable" than
mine.

But, in any case, should a language be judged by the number of individuals
who speak it? That's the same as saying Chinese is "better" than English,
because more people speak it (try the same with any pair of languages).

--
Tiago

atrei...@gmail.com

May 12, 2016, 2:36:13 AM5/12/16
W dniu czwartek, 15 lipca 2004 04:57:33 UTC+2 użytkownik Evan-Josh Roose napisał:
> I think it's dead, sorry.

Then you think wrong!