Mi estas nova studento

cpus33

Jun 5, 2001, 10:18:33 PM6/5/01
Saluton, Samideanojn!

Mi estas usano, kaj unu nova studento do la interlinguo E-o. Mi estas
cercxi pri unu [[chat-room]] do la [[internet]]. Mi pensas ke la e-o estas
moderna, kultura, neutrala kaj fleksebla lingua. Gxi Estas praktika solvo
de la problemo de internacia interkompreno.
Mi esparas paroli bonan esperanton.

Hello, Everybody.

I am a new student of International Esperanto. I am looking for a chat room
on the internet. I think that Esperanto is modern, cultured, neutral and
flexible. It is a practical solution to solve the problem of internacional
understanding. I want to speak good e-o.

Donald J. HARLOW

Jun 6, 2001, 1:07:41 AM6/6/01

"cpus33" <rho_336...@hotmail.com> skribis en mesag^o news:ZpgT6.1585$nf.7...@typhoon1.ba-dsg.net...
Se vi havas ICQ-on en via masxino, vi povas aligxi al la ICQ-reto, kiun administras Marcos Pimenta kaj Luis Vencio. Vi trovos liston de partoprenantoj cxe

http://esperanto.digiweb.com.br/icq/icqlisto.htm

Je la 3a de majo estis en la listo 453 homoj en 53 landoj.

--
-- Donald J. HARLOW
Recenzoj/Reviews: http://www.best.com/~donh/Esperanto/Literaturo/Recenzoj/

Trebor A. Rude

Jun 6, 2001, 9:18:47 AM6/6/01
I'm rather new to Esperanto myself, so please don't my questions as
indications of anyone's mistakes, other than my own.

Donald J. HARLOW wrote:

> "cpus33" <rho_336...@hotmail.com> skribis en mesag^o
>> Saluton, Samideanojn!

"samideanojn" is translated as "everybody", but I would have used "cxiu",
which is "everyone" as near as I can tell. Can you explain the difference,
and the breakdown of "samideanojn"? It doesn't use any prefixes or suffixes
that I recognize, other than the "ojn".

>> Mi estas usano, kaj unu nova studento do la interlinguo E-o.

I can't find "usano" in either of the online esperanto/english translators
I use. Is that "US citizen"? Also, AFAIK, the "unu" isn't necessary in
Esperanto, though not incorrect. And "do" translates as "so", "then", or
"therefore". "of" is "de".

>> Mi estas cercxi pri unu [[chat-room]] do la [[internet]].

Can't find "cercxi" anywhere, either.

>> Mi esparas paroli bonan esperanton.

Or "espari".

> Se vi havas ICQ-on en via masxino, vi povas aligxi al la ICQ-reto, kiun
> administras Marcos Pimenta kaj Luis Vencio. Vi trovos liston de
> partoprenantoj cxe

"If you have ICQ on your machine, you can join to the [[ICQ-reto]], which
is administered by Marcos Pimenta and Luis Vencio. You will find the list
of participants at:"

Is that a correct translation? And how does "ICQ-reto" translate?

> http://esperanto.digiweb.com.br/icq/icqlisto.htm
>
> Je la 3a de majo estis en la listo 453 homoj en 53 landoj.

"On the 3rd of May, there were 453 people in 53 countries on the list." ?

--
Trebor A. Rude
tre...@powerinter.net

Donald J. HARLOW

Jun 6, 2001, 12:13:02 PM6/6/01

"Trebor A. Rude" <tre...@powerinter.net> skribis en mesag^o news:9flaj7$n4t$1...@nntp1-cm.news.eni.net...

> I'm rather new to Esperanto myself, so please don't my questions as
> indications of anyone's mistakes, other than my own.
>
> Donald J. HARLOW wrote:
>

> > "cpus33" <rho_336...@hotmail.com> skribis en mesag^o
> >> Saluton, Samideanojn!
>
> "samideanojn" is translated as "everybody", but I would have used "cxiu",
> which is "everyone" as near as I can tell. Can you explain the difference,
> and the breakdown of "samideanojn"? It doesn't use any prefixes or suffixes
> that I recognize, other than the "ojn".

sam'ide'an'o'j. Breaks down as follows:

j = plural (as you know)
o = noun (something more or less tangible)
-an- = a member, citizen, adherent of ...
ide(o) = an idea
sam(a) = (the) same

So: adherents of the same idea, fellow-thinkers, comrades, buddies. (*)

In this context, the -N ending is not needed (since this isn't, either explicitly or implicitly, an object).

Note that if you _have_ to analyze a word (and that will happen often in your first few months, though later you'll have the most common compounds memorized, just from use), it's better to analyze from the end rather than from the beginning.

> >> Mi estas usano, kaj unu nova studento do la interlinguo E-o.
>
> I can't find "usano" in either of the online esperanto/english translators
> I use. Is that "US citizen"? Also, AFAIK, the "unu" isn't necessary in
> Esperanto, though not incorrect. And "do" translates as "so", "then", or
> "therefore". "of" is "de".

There's a missing syllable: Usono = U.S.A. (probably borrowed from the English "Uson(i)a", which was in not uncommon use around the turn of the century; today it survives only in Frank Lloyd Wright's "Usonian House"). So (see the -an- above with "samideano") "usonano".

"unu": right. Zamenhof himself _occasionally_ used it as a synonym for "a, an" (he also used "iu" and "certa"), but today it's completely omitted.

I figured that the "do" there was just a typo for "de". Since I make typos from time to time myself, I don't dare call anybody else on it ... :<)

> >> Mi estas cercxi pri unu [[chat-room]] do la [[internet]].
>
> Can't find "cercxi" anywhere, either.

"sercxi", I think. By the bye, "chat-room" is "babil'ej'o" and "internet" is "interreto"; but everybody that I know simply says "la reto", which is technically not correct but always understood. "ret'adres'o" can be either an e-mail address or a URL, depending on context. (By the way, I notice "do" for "de" here, as well, so it probably _wasn't_ a typo in its earlier use. cpus33, did you take note?)

> >> Mi esparas paroli bonan esperanton.
>
> Or "espari".

"esperi".

> > Se vi havas ICQ-on en via masxino, vi povas aligxi al la ICQ-reto, kiun
> > administras Marcos Pimenta kaj Luis Vencio. Vi trovos liston de
> > partoprenantoj cxe
>
> "If you have ICQ on your machine, you can join to the [[ICQ-reto]], which
> is administered by Marcos Pimenta and Luis Vencio. You will find the list
> of participants at:"
>
> Is that a correct translation? And how does "ICQ-reto" translate?

"reto" is, in general, simply "net" (the kind you catch fish with) or, in this context, "network".

> > http://esperanto.digiweb.com.br/icq/icqlisto.htm
> >
> > Je la 3a de majo estis en la listo 453 homoj en 53 landoj.
>
> "On the 3rd of May, there were 453 people in 53 countries on the list." ?

Right. I used that date because it's the date of the last update of the list, or was, when I looked yesterday.

---

(*) My boss in a former job came from Viet-nam and, when we were talking about Esperanto one morning, he was surprised to find that the structure of the the Esperanto word "samideano" was _identical_ with that of the Vietnamese word for "comrade" as used by the CPVN. Not too surprising, actually; except for the grammatical endings, Esperanto word-formation is surprisingly similar to that of compound words / concepts in the languages of the Chinese-Vietnamese-Tibetan grouping.

Please note, incidentally, that "samideano" can be used as a pattern, or template, for a whole slew of other words that are formed the same way: "samdomano" (housemate), "samnomano" (someone who shares your name), "samuniversitatano" (fellow student at university), "samlaborano" (somebody who does the same kind of work that you do), etc. Exercise: Think of five others.

George Partlow

Jun 6, 2001, 12:34:13 PM6/6/01
Trebor A. Rude <tre...@powerinter.net> wrote in message news:<9flaj7$n4t$1...@nntp1-cm.news.eni.net>...

> I'm rather new to Esperanto myself, so please don't my questions as
> indications of anyone's mistakes, other than my own.
(snip)

> >> Saluton, Samideanojn!
>
> "samideanojn" is translated as "everybody", but I would have used "cxiu",
> which is "everyone" as near as I can tell. Can you explain the difference,
> and the breakdown of "samideanojn"? It doesn't use any prefixes or suffixes
> that I recognize, other than the "ojn".

It should be "samideanoj", without the final "-n". Sam-ide-an-o-j =
same-idea-member-(noun marker)-(plural marker),
i.e. someone who shares the same idea(s) with you; this means, in this
context, "fellow Esperantists".

> >> Mi estas usano, kaj unu nova studento do la interlinguo E-o.
>
> I can't find "usano" in either of the online esperanto/english translators
> I use. Is that "US citizen"? Also, AFAIK, the "unu" isn't necessary in
> Esperanto, though not incorrect. And "do" translates as "so", "then", or
> "therefore". "of" is "de".

Should be "Mi estas usonano, kaj nova studento de la interlingvo E-o",
where
"usonano" = uson-an-o = USA-member-(noun marker). You're right about
the rest, of course.

> >> Mi estas cercxi pri unu [[chat-room]] do la [[internet]].
>
> Can't find "cercxi" anywhere, either.

Should be "Mi sercxas retbabilejon en interreto", or possibly
"Mi estas sercxanta retbabilejon...". Once again the "unu" is
unnecessary
although it doesn't really hurt anything.

> >> Mi esparas paroli bonan esperanton.
>
> Or "espari".

Should be "Mi volas paroli..." ("I want to") or "Mi deziras paroli"
("I wish to"), or possibly
"Mi esperas, ke mi mi iam estonte parolos..." ("I hope that someday
I'll speak
good Esperanto"). There's no "espari", but there is "esperi" = "to
hope".

> > Se vi havas ICQ-on en via masxino, vi povas aligxi al la ICQ-reto, kiun
> > administras Marcos Pimenta kaj Luis Vencio. Vi trovos liston de
> > partoprenantoj cxe
>
> "If you have ICQ on your machine, you can join to the [[ICQ-reto]], which
> is administered by Marcos Pimenta and Luis Vencio. You will find the list
> of participants at:"
>
> Is that a correct translation? And how does "ICQ-reto" translate?

"ICQ network"

Mi esperas, ke mi iom helpis vin!

(Hope this helped!)

Georgo, en bela sudorienta alasko

George Partlow

Jun 6, 2001, 1:53:03 PM6/6/01

George Partlow wrote:

> "Mi esperas, ke mi mi iam estonte parolos..." ("I hope that someday
> I'll speak
> good Esperanto").

Ha! Once again we see in operation that Law of Usenet that says any
post criticizing some other post's spelling or grammar or picking some
other nit, will contain at least one (and probably more!) egregious
error of its own. Please forgive the "singulto" ("mi mi iam")!

Amike k samideane via,

Georgo

Trebor A. Rude

Jun 6, 2001, 8:11:18 PM6/6/01
George Partlow wrote:

All too true. At least you were asked to pick nits. :)

Trebor A. Rude

Jun 6, 2001, 10:58:51 PM6/6/01
George Partlow wrote:

> "Mi esperas, ke mi iam estonte parolos..." ("I hope that someday

> I'll speak good Esperanto").

Hmm, is that supposed to be "estonte parolos" or "estonte parolas"? I'd
translate "estonte parolos" as "will be going to speak", and "estonte
parolas" as "will speak", but I'm not exactly an expert on verb tenses.

> Mi esperas, ke mi iom helpis vin!

"iom"?

> (Hope this helped!)

It did, thank you. :)

> Georgo, en bela sudorienta alasko

"sudorienta"? I assume "alasko" is the US state of Alasaka.

Trebor A. Rude

Jun 6, 2001, 11:57:09 PM6/6/01
Donald J. HARLOW wrote:

> sam'ide'an'o'j. Breaks down as follows:
>
> j = plural (as you know)
> o = noun (something more or less tangible)
> -an- = a member, citizen, adherent of ...
> ide(o) = an idea
> sam(a) = (the) same
>
> So: adherents of the same idea, fellow-thinkers, comrades, buddies. (*)

> Please note, incidentally, that "samideano" can be used as a pattern, or

> template, for a whole slew of other words that are formed the same way:
> "samdomano" (housemate), "samnomano" (someone who shares your name),
> "samuniversitatano" (fellow student at university), "samlaborano"
> (somebody who does the same kind of work that you do), etc. Exercise:
> Think of five others.

Though not in the sam--o pattern, "malsanulejo" works similiarly:

o = noun
-ej- = place
-ul- = person, or person exhibiting the characteristic of
san(o) = health
mal = opposite

So, "malsanulejo" == "not healthy person place" == "hospital". I just love
this feature of Esperanto. Makes it so much easier for a learner to figure
out words they're not familiar with. And if your vocabulary isn't the best,
it gives you a chance at making up something close and being understood. An
example from my experience taking the Free Esperanto Course:

One of the first verbs taught in the FEC is "forgesi", "to forget". I
wondered if then "malforgesi" was "to remember", and my instructor said
that though the regular word for "to remember" was "memori", "malforgesi"
would be an acceptable substitute in a pinch. This feature of Esperanto
makes it much more likely that a speaker will be able to get their idea
across to their listeners, the whole point of language. Gotta love it.

Oh, and here's five others:

samteamano = teammate
samfamiliano = family member
samharkolorano = someone with the same hair color
samklubano = member of the same club
samhobiano = someone who has the same hobby

BTW, can you explain the difference between -an- and -ul-? What would
"samteamulo" mean, if it makes any sense at all? Seem that "-an-" is more
general, in that it can apply in places that -ul- doesn't, but is there
more to it than that? Thanks.

Brion Vibber

Jun 7, 2001, 12:11:09 AM6/7/01
Trebor A. Rude skribis:

> George Partlow wrote:
>
>> "Mi esperas, ke mi iam estonte parolos..." ("I hope that someday
>> I'll speak good Esperanto").
>
> Hmm, is that supposed to be "estonte parolos" or "estonte parolas"? I'd
> translate "estonte parolos" as "will be going to speak", and "estonte
> parolas" as "will speak", but I'm not exactly an expert on verb tenses.

I think as George wrote is fine. 'estonte' means 'in the future', you can
think of it as "that-which-will-be-ly". ^_^ It doesn't make a compound
tense here, but just serves to emphasize the futureness: "I hope that
someday in the future I will speak..."

>> Mi esperas, ke mi iom helpis vin!
>
> "iom"?

Roughly, "somewhat." This is one of the infamous correlatives, i (some) +
om (quanitity, amount, degree). I might recommend a couple of sites to you
on the subject:

Sylan Zaft's 'Mastering the Correlatives: Learning from Examples':
http://members.aol.com/sylvanz/korcont.htm

This is a pretty nice 'quick reference card' to E-o grammar:
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/1197/

> "sudorienta"? I assume "alasko" is the US state of Alasaka.

sud (south) + orient (east) + a (adjective) = southeast

Alasko is indeed Alaska. Bertilo Wennergren has a wonderful section on his
site, "Landoj kaj Lingvoj" which lists country, state, major city, and
language names from around the world:
http://www.concinnity.se/bertilow/lanlin/index.htm

Gxis la!

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox,com)

Brion Vibber

Jun 7, 2001, 12:53:15 AM6/7/01
Trebor A. Rude skribis:

> BTW, can you explain the difference between -an- and -ul-? What would
> "samteamulo" mean, if it makes any sense at all? Seem that "-an-" is more
> general, in that it can apply in places that -ul- doesn't, but is there
> more to it than that? Thanks.

An -an- isn't necessarily a person, laux mia scio, and means 'member of'.
In general -an- is applied to something nounish and collectivish (like a
team, a country, an organization), whereas -ul- (person who is/exemplifies)
is applied to something adjectivish - a property or characteristic.

So, juna (young) -> junulo (young person), but junano doesn't make much
sense. One might be a junularano (young-person-group-member) perhaps, to
emphasize the togetherness of youths and some kind of opposition to others
(elders?).

I'd probably interpret "teamulo" as more like "team player" than "team
member", and "samteamulo" as... someone who is similarly inclined to be a
team player? Someone who acts like they're on the same team as you? I
dunno, I'm kind of vague on this here. I'll let Don or George or someone
more knowledgeable than myself correct me if I seem off base.

I'll cop out now and quote the great Bertilo's PMEG:

UL = "persono kun ia karakterizo". Tio, kio staras antaŭ UL, ĉiam montras
tion, kio karakterizas la personon. (Komparu kun IST kaj AN.)
UL = "person with some sort of characteristic." That which stands before UL
always shows what characterizes the person. (Compare with IST and AN.)

AN = "membro de grupo, loĝanto de loko, adepto de doktrino, persono kiu
apartenas al loko" k.s. Tio, kio staras antaŭ AN, ĉiam montras, al kio la
ano apartenas. Komparu kun IST.
AN = "member of a group, resident of a place, adept of a doctrine, person
who belongs to a place" etc. That which stands before AN always shows to
what the 'ano' belongs. Compare with IST.

IST = "persono, kiu ofte okupiĝas pri io (eble profesie)". Tio, kio staras
antaŭ IST, ĉiam estas tio, pri kio okupiĝas la persono. Estas ofta
miskompreno, ke IST egalas al "profesiulo", sed ĝia vera signifo estas pli
vasta. (Komparu kun AN kaj ISM.)
IST = "person who often is occupied in something (perhaps profesionally)".
That which stands before IST always shows what the person is occupied in.
It's a frequent misunderstanding that IST is equal to "professional", but
its true meaning is more vast. (Compare with AN and ISM.)

Various examples at: http://purl.oclc.org/net/pmego?d=pmeg/pmeg10/ul.htm

George Partlow

Jun 7, 2001, 12:40:04 PM6/7/01

Brion Vibber wrote:

> > "iom"?
>
> Roughly, "somewhat." This is one of the infamous correlatives, i (some) +
> om (quanitity, amount, degree).

It may be worth pointing out that "i" isn't really a "stand-alone"
particle meaning "some", any more than "ki" is one meaning "what?".
Your analysis is useful in memorizing the table of correlatives for
beginners, put one can't push it farther than that!

> > "sudorienta"? I assume "alasko" is the US state of Alasaka.
>
> sud (south) + orient (east) + a (adjective) = southeast

In particular, I live at "Douglas, Alaska 58:16:32N 134:23:33W".
In Alaska we normally refer to the part of our state that people from
outside call the "Panhandle" as simply "Southeast", or "SE" for short in
written form (thus the regional ANCSA native coporation is "Sealaska").
There are a number of such peculiarites to English-as-she-is-spoke-here
which can be confusing to visitors: e.g. "Native" does not mean someone
born hear but rather someone who is at least 1/4 Eskimo, Aleut,
Athabaskan, Tlingit, Haida, or Tsimpshian, "Outside" means anywhere no
in Alaska, but often is synonymous with "The Lower 48", which is ther
est of the US minus Hawaii... and so on.

Pli ol vi fakte volis scii pri ni, mi supozas... ;-)

Brion Vibber

Jun 7, 2001, 1:15:56 PM6/7/01
George Partlow skribis:

> It may be worth pointing out that "i" isn't really a "stand-alone"
> particle meaning "some", any more than "ki" is one meaning "what?".
> Your analysis is useful in memorizing the table of correlatives for
> beginners, put one can't push it farther than that!

Quite correct, I only meant it in that sense. Prolly should have indicated
though, since I broke down other words the same way.

> Pli ol vi fakte volis scii pri ni, mi supozas... ;-)

Ah, Alasko, la forgesita sxtato. Estas bone, rememorigi gxin al ni. :)

George Partlow

Jun 7, 2001, 3:05:45 PM6/7/01
Brion Vibber skribis:

> Ah, Alasko, la forgesita sxtato. Estas bone, rememorigi gxin al ni. :)

Iom amuza eco de usona kulturo, estas la emo meit alaskon k havajon en
la malsupran maldekstran angulon de mapoj, kvazaux ili trovigxus ie la
ne pacifiko sudokcidente de meksiko. Anakux, kompreneble, alasko aperas
kiel malgranda sxtato, kvankam relae la distanco inter Ketchikan k Attu
egalas tion inter Miami k Losangxeleso. Mia edzino posedas t-cxemizon
kiu suportas gxustigan mapon, kiu montras Alaskon en la centro, kun
malgranda cetero de usono en angulo, kun la subskribo "A project of the
Alaska Geographical Society".

Cetere mi scivolas: ek de kiam vi parolas/skribias Esperanton? Vi sxajne
regas la lingvon bone, sed mi supozas, ke vi estas relative novbakita
(almenaux kompare kun mi k Don, kiu scipovas E-on dum jardekoj...).

Brion Vibber

Jun 7, 2001, 4:44:16 PM6/7/01
George Partlow skribis:

> Anakux, kompreneble, alasko aperas kiel malgranda sxtato, kvankam relae
>la distanco inter Ketchikan k Attu egalas tion inter Miami k Losangxeleso.

Nu, vere, sed en la tuta sxtato Alasko logxas malpli homoj ol en la urboj
Losangxeleso aux Miami sole. Ankaux, Alasko estas tre malvarma loko - certe
vi scias, ke malvarmaj atomoj plipreskauxigas, kaj tiel plimalgrandigas la
afero kiu entenas ilin! Tiuj varmaj, sunplenaj urboj, kontrauxe,
pligrandigxas cxar iliaj atomoj plimalpreskauxigxas. :)

> Mia edzino posedas t-cxemizon kiu suportas gxustigan mapon, kiu montras
> Alaskon en la centro, kun malgranda cetero de usono en angulo,

Rememorigas al mi mapon kiu montras Auxstralio en la centro, kun la sudo
supre kaj la nordo malsupre. Mi pensas, ke mi trovis gxin en la Auxstralia
fako de la Centro Epkota en Disnejmondo.

> Cetere mi scivolas: ek de kiam vi parolas/skribias Esperanton? Vi sxajne
> regas la lingvon bone, sed mi supozas, ke vi estas relative novbakita

Mi unue eklernis Esperanton je, hmm, auxgusto 2000. Pro scivolemo, mi
trovis esperanto.org, poste esperanto.net, kaj poste la Esperantan Libron
de Don Harlow kaj la artikolojn de Claude Piron. La historio de la lingvo
tre interesis min, kaj la simpleco de la gramatiko tre placxis (kaj dauxre
plu placxas) min, do mi decidis lerni gxin.

Mi mendis la libron "Teach Yourself Esperanto" kaj praktikis per gxi
cxiutage dum unu aux du monatoj, sed poste ne havis suficxajn tempojn kaj
pli aux malpli cxesis.

Je aprilo 2001, mi denove revenis al nia kara lingvo, kaj por praktiki
cxiutage mi Esperanten tradukas la surretan bildstrion "User Friendly"
("Faciluzebla" - mi havas indekson cxe http://moisty.org/esperanto/uf.php,
sed mi timas ke multaj de miaj tradukojn eraras pli aux malpli). Mi ankaux
trovis la novajxgrupojn kaj la dissendoliston E-B-L, kaj nun havas multajn
aferojn por bombardi min kun Esperanto - nature mia uzo de la lingvo
plibonigxas dum mi legas kiel aliaj homoj skribas.

Mi kredas, tamen, ke mi ne parolas bone, cxar mi jam uzi gxin nur
skribante, aux por sole kanti kune dum mi auxskultas MP3-dosierojn. :) Mi
devus telefoni mian lokan Esperanto-asocion...

Cxiukaze, min tre helpis E-lernante cxar mi jam studis la latinan (kiu
havas akuzativon) kaj la francan (multaj Eaj vortoj kiuj similas al kaj
anglajn kaj francajn vortojn temas pli simile ol la francaj).

Mi ne estas kiel Tolstoj, kiu lernis Esperanton dum trajnvojagxo. :)

George Partlow

Jun 7, 2001, 5:20:29 PM6/7/01

George Partlow skribis:

> Iom amuza eco de usona kulturo, estas la emo meit alaskon k havajon en

meti

> la malsupran maldekstran angulon de mapoj, kvazaux ili trovigxus ie la
> ne pacifiko sudokcidente de meksiko. Anakux, kompreneble, alasko aperas

en la pacifika maro Ankaux

> kiel malgranda sxtato, kvankam relae la distanco inter Ketchikan k Attu

reale

Videble mi ne estas aparte bona tajpisto... tio bedauxrinde kauxzas
problemojn por komencantoj, kiuj ne povas diveni tion, kio estis mia
_intenco_!

Obviously I;m not an especially good typist, which may unfortuantely
(tiel!) cause problems for beginners who can't guess what I _meant_ to
write!

Donald J. HARLOW

Jun 7, 2001, 7:01:07 PM6/7/01

"Brion Vibber" <br...@pobox.com> skribis en mesag^o news:AIRT6.281$c37....@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net...

> Mi ne estas kiel Tolstoj, kiu lernis Esperanton dum trajnvojagxo. :)

Ne, tiu estis Grabowski. Tolstoj lernis gxin dum du-tri horoj, helpe de vortaro; sed ne indikis, cxu li tiutempe sidis en kupeo, cxu en fotelo. :<)

(Mi havas fortajn dubojn pri la Esperanta kapablo de Tolstoj; mi neniam auxdis, ke oni efektive konversaciis kun li pere de la lingvo. Aliflanke, laux la rakonto, atinginte Varsovion post sia trajnvojagxo de Moskvo, Grabowski tuj kalesxis al la hejmadreso de "D-ro Esperanto" kaj ekparolis kun li en la lingvo -- tiu estis la lauxdira "unua konversacio en Esperanto".)

Brion Vibber

Jun 8, 2001, 1:47:34 AM6/8/01
Donald J. HARLOW skribis:

> Ne, tiu estis Grabowski. Tolstoj lernis gxin dum du-tri horoj, helpe de
> vortaro; sed ne indikis, cxu li tiutempe sidis en kupeo, cxu en fotelo.

Vi tute pravas, mi konfuzigxis pri ilin kaj mismemore kunigis la du kontoj
unuen.

Poligloto kiel Tolstoj povus lerni la bazan gramatikon de nia kara lingvo
tre rapide, kaj li rekonus multe vortojn sen vortaro (legante, certe), sed
ne tute. La vortaro helpas tie. Konversacii, aliflanke, estas pli malfacila
afero. Oni ne povas sercxadi cxiun vorton kiun oni volas diri, aux gxi
estos tre malrapida konversacio!

Message has been deleted

Gilberto F da Silva

Apr 6, 2017, 11:08:07 AM4/6/17
On 2016-12-11, silvae...@gmail.com <silvae...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mi volas komunikigis kun ou de Patagônia, bonvolu ! Dankon

Bone!

Mi loĝas en Brazilo. Pri kiuj temoj vi ŝatas paroli?

--

Gilberto F da Silva - gfs...@mandic.com.br - ICQ 136.782.571
Stela dato:2.457.850,125 Loka tempo:2017-04-06 12:00:36 Ĵaŭdo

Gilberto F da Silva

Apr 17, 2017, 8:31:09 PM4/17/17

Gilberto F da Silva

Apr 17, 2017, 8:50:19 PM4/17/17