Watch Wil Wheaton's tear-jerking tribute to his TNG castmates

The Saltex Brujo

May 2, 2012, 5:11:30 PM5/2/12
Watch Wil Wheaton's tear-jerking tribute to his TNG castmates

Tweet
Over the weekend the entire cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation
reunited for the first time in 20 years at the Calgary Comic and
Entertainment Expo, to the delight of thousands of Trekkies. If you
missed it, you're not the only one, but at least you can have a
vicarious moment with the cast by watching Wil Wheaton's emotional
tribute to his fellow Trek alums.
Wheaton left The Next Generation after four seasons, leaving the rest of
the cast to finish the series and make four feature films. During the
reunion, Battlestar Galactica's Aaron Douglas asked him what it felt
like to rejoin his castmates on stage. Wheaton responded with a
heartfelt reflection on what it was like to leave the show.
"I left Star Trek: The Next Generation when I was 18 years old, and
initially I thought that it was a really smart business, career move. In
some ways it was, and in more ways it wasn't. What I was unprepared for
was how much I was going to miss the people that are on this stage, and
how much I was going to miss the spacesuit that I hated wearing and the
helmet hair that I couldn't stand," Wheaton said.
Though he made occasional guest appearances on the show in later seasons
and even showed up in the final TNG-era film, Nemesis, Wheaton said he
felt "ashamed" about his departure, even to the point that he felt
embarrassed to visit the set, or to invite the rest of the cast to his
wedding. In later years, when he tried to apologize to his former
Enterprise shipmates, Wheaton said every one of them had a warm
response.
"To a person, everyone said 'Yeah, you were a kid. You were always
welcome. You were always part of us.'
"To be here tonight, for me, it's very, very much for me, it's like
coming home."
As the crowed cheered, Marina Sirtis ran across the stage to give
Wheaton a teary hug, while Brent Spiner reached across to shake his
hand. The only person who didn't get all sappy was LeVar Burton, who
went for the laugh.
"To tell you the God's honest truth, you were a pain in the ass," Burton
said. "But I'm glad you're here, because you're our pain in the ass."
Check out the full video of Wheaton's speech below. Warning: If you're
an emotional Trek fan, you might get a bit choked up.
  iframe[ www.youtube.com ]
(Via Zap2It  )
Blastr CATEGORIES
31 Days of Halloween  Advertorials  Animation  Announcements
Art  Awards  Blastr Gift Guide  Blastr Video  Blu-rays
Books  Columnists  Comic-Con  Comics  Comments  Conventions
DVDs  Fandom  Galleries  Games  Gossip  Green Week
Horror  Image of the Day  Infographic  Interviews  Links
Lists  Movies  Music  News  Opinion  Polls  Posters
Reviews  Rumors  Science  Syfy Channel  Theater  Top
Stories  Toys  Trailers  TV  Video  Web  Weird Stuff
See more blastr.com stories on Digg.com
Blastr CATEGORIES
31 Days of Halloween  Advertorials  Animation  Announcements
Art  Awards  Blastr Gift Guide  Blastr Video  Blu-rays
Books  Columnists  Comic-Con  Comics  Comments  Conventions
DVDs  Fandom  Galleries  Games  Gossip  Green Week
Horror  Image of the Day  Infographic  Interviews  Links
Lists  Movies  Music  News  Opinion  Polls  Posters
Reviews  Rumors  Science  Syfy Channel  Theater  Top
Stories  Toys  Trailers  TV  Video  Web  Weird Stuff

Most Commented
Is Marvel is ready to put a new actor in the Iron Man suit?
CONFIRMED: Benedict Cumberbatch is [redacted] in Star Trek 2!
Fox has FINALLY made a decision on Fringe. Do we get a season 5?
The Blastr App
Download for iPhone and iPad
Download for Android devices
Subscribe
Follow us
Become a Fan
About Blastr
Editors: Scott Edelman edi...@blastr.com  Contributors: Tara Bennett
Marc Bernardin Nathalie Caron Adam-Troy Castro Krystal Clark Kevin Coll
Evan Hoovler Kathie Huddleston Matthew Jackson Chris Kalb Don Kaye Dave
Maass Michael Marano Brian Murphy Carol Pinchefsky Phil Plait Dan Roth
Jeff Spry Staci Layne Wilson
Feedback
Terms
Privacy