Making a bomb from petrol and potassium permanganate

Ben

Jun 1, 2003, 6:36:38 AM6/1/03
Is it true that you can make a bomb this way?

I read that if you take a small bottle and put a few drops of
petrol/gasoline in and swill it around to cover the sides then take off the
cap and let the rest evaporate, put some potassium permanganate in, put the
lid back on and throw then it'll explode.

Can anyone verify this please?

Cheers

saved by zero

Jun 11, 2003, 9:47:55 PM6/11/03
Sounds dubious to me

"Ben" <bj...@cam.ac.uk> wrote in message

stkolev

Jun 12, 2003, 4:20:12 AM6/12/03
No, this will not work!, it is so obvious and simple that everyone
should know it!
Even if the gas fumes ignite from the impact(sudden flash is possible)
it will not explode. And the KMnO4 does absolutely nothing, it can not
react with the hydrocarbons on cool (possible oxidation of double and
tripple bonds may occure in presence of light but very very slowly).
Fine KMnO4 soaked in petrol burns slowly with purple flame, it will
explode if enlosed. A presence of acid or moisture can selfignite it.

Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Jun 12, 2003, 7:40:01 AM6/12/03

"stkolev" <stko...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Mn2O7 would be fun with petrol, for a short while.

Dirk

stkolev

Jun 12, 2003, 5:04:43 PM6/12/03

> Mn2O7 would be fun with petrol, for a short while.

Absolutely true! I've tried it. It ignites with almost explosion.
It is interesting however that a mix of petroleum and 96%H2SO4 does
not ignite by adding a chrystal of KMnO4. A mix of ethanol and H2SO4
ignites by this method!
Have you seen what CrO3 does when a drop of alcohol falls on it! CrO3
has the same superoxidizing properties as Mn2O7, but the yellow
oxide(CrO3) is more stable. Some labs store jars with it! CrO3 is
solid.
So a jar of CrO3 and a bottle of alcohol will be the best.

An interesting event is caused by mixing petroleum and 30% H2O2. I've
tried with beer bottles, one with gasoline and one with H2O2. Thrown
togeter with delayed igniter it caused very nice blast and fireball.

stkolev

Jun 12, 2003, 5:07:25 PM6/12/03
My dream is to make a stationar bomb with 10 liters gas and 6 liters
60%H2O2.
The first "cool" charge will brake the bottles and the second will
"light" the bubbling foaming mix.
Message has been deleted

jaln...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2020, 9:05:52 PM2/24/20
So does simply mixing gas and potassium permanganate actually explode when tossed on a hard object with the jar method? I've seen a document with other explosive devices (for educational purposes) and this method/jug bomb was listed and I was curious to it's truthfulness.

bbe...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2020, 11:52:36 PM2/25/20
I doubt it.To get an idea put some gasoline on about 50mg of permanganate and see what happens.The permanganate will react with organic compound with OH groups.

bbe...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2020, 11:53:56 PM2/25/20

kidsi...@gmail.com

May 19, 2020, 4:58:22 AM5/19/20
On Monday, February 24, 2020 at 8:05:52 PM UTC-6, jaln...@gmail.com wrote:
> So does simply mixing gas and potassium permanganate actually explode when tossed on a hard object with the jar method? I've seen a document with other explosive devices (for educational purposes) and this method/jug bomb was listed and I was curious to it's truthfulness.

first off its called the anarchist cookbook u aint slick and also its a glass bottle and unlikely it may cause a small explosion which would just be the fire but idk m8

zoq koleva

Dec 31, 2021, 10:19:26 AM12/31/21