Google killing Google Groups Usenet portal so nobody can look up words to see if they've been discussed

Wally J

Dec 15, 2023, 9:36:01 PM12/15/23
FYI... it's going to be no longer possible to look up a word on dejagoogle
to see if it has already been discussed in the distant past before posting.
<https://support.google.com/groups/answer/11036538>

To catch up on details, there's a detailed discussion in the peering ng:
*Effective February 15, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content*
<https://groups.google.com/g/news.admin.peering/c/_w1mbwzgzs0>

Which is a followup to this original request for who is peering this spam:
*Who is peering all these spams ostensibly from Google Groups?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/news.admin.peering/c/AgrNUeZuAkw>

Which itself was followed up in a request for people to complain to Google:
*Please complain to Google about their spamming of Usenet*
<https://groups.google.com/g/news.admin.peering/c/xxniDVj3ArI>

In summary, people will need to find another way to find out of a word has
already been discussed ad infinitum before they post another query here.
--
FYI... There are somewhat similar alternatives, but they're not the same.
<http://groups.google.com/g/sci.lang>

Will Dockery

Dec 16, 2023, 9:05:25 AM12/16/23
I think Google says that the Usenet groups will be archived, and, I assume will be searchable.

tangs...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2024, 1:50:27 PMJan 8
HMU for good deals like never before , we got the following

Xanax
Blues
Dark
Percocet