Composite video

gfre...@aol.com

Oct 31, 2020, 10:37:59 PM10/31/20
Dumb question
Why won't a TV distribution amp pass this? It sounds like it ought to
be up in the RF band. I have a composite video signal that is not
happy being split so I put a TV amp in the line and nothing is coming
out. What am I missing?

gareth evans

Nov 1, 2020, 7:22:40 AM11/1/20
It may be that you have a baseband composite TV signal but that
your distribution amplifier uses modulated VHF or UHF signals,
or vice versa!

Michael Moroney

Nov 1, 2020, 4:39:23 PM11/1/20
I don't know what type of composite video you have but baseband NTSC video needs
a bandwidth from near DC to ~6 MHz or so. In particular, 30/60 Hz and ~15,000 Hz
for the synch signals.

gfre...@aol.com

Nov 1, 2020, 9:33:20 PM11/1/20
That sounds right.
I think I am going to put the composite signal into an RF modulator
and distribute it as RF
Some times I just need a little tug to get my head out of my ass.
Thanks for the help.