Re: Kalifornians are told not to charge their EVs

Subtotal

Aug 31, 2022, 8:03:01 PM8/31/22
"jecorbe...@yahoo.com" <jecorbe...@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:3fd12d7c-97a9-427f...@googlegroups.com:

> Due to the strain on the power grid, Kalifornians are being told not
> to run large appliances, including their AC units, and not to charge
> their EVs between the peak hours of 4-9pm. EVs make up 15% of new cars
> sold in Kalifornia and less that 2% of all cars and the power grid
> can't keep up with the demand for juice. How the hell are people going
> to be able to charge cars once Kalifornia mandates that no new cars
> may be gasoline powered.
>
> To those who thought they were doing the part and pitching in when
> they switched to EVs I have just one word to say to you. SUCKERS!!!

I'm stunned.

Democrats made an environmental edict that the infrastructure can't
support?

Is that 2 cycle gas generators I hear firing up in the distance?

Trident.darkstar

Sep 1, 2022, 3:09:46 AM9/1/22
This is not the first time this kind of thing happened. This occurs whenever base
load increases substantially. Happened with A/C units more/less recently.

Dimitris Tzortzakakis

Sep 1, 2022, 9:58:41 AM9/1/22
I recently read an article in Le Figaro about the new heat waves in
France (unheard of in the past) and the tendency to install a/c s.
Actually, due to the fact that. according to the 2nd law of
thermodynamics, as much heat as they extract from the air conditioned
space, the same heat they extract to the environment, plus the heat that
is emitted from the cooling compressor, operating. This actually makes
each heat wave worse than the previous one, as more and more thermal
loads from more and more a/c units are added.