dealing with Lowell Hays Jewelers

Nashboro...@yahoo.com

Dec 27, 2005, 11:07:51 PM12/27/05
We bought into the Going out of Business deal and wanted all diamond
TCB and TLC necklaces. At the time of purchase Price Hays told us
we'd get verification on the diamonds and a COA, if not, give him a
call and he'd fix it. The pieces came in the mail without diamond
reports and the TCB was wrong.

We visited Memphis to have the TCB fixed and asked Lowell Hays for the
written appraisal; he asked, "What are you talking about?" Like he
had never heard of such a thing. He then snapped back saying each
pendant has 1.5 ct of stones. How can that be with both necklaces
having the same size stones yet the TCB has 3 more than the TLC.

I later asked Price, and he faltered around saying "We don't give
appraisals anymore since we're going out of business."

No wonder they're going belly up. They flat out refuse to give any
written verification for their jewelry. I'd never deal with them
again and advise others do the same.

Broadway

Dec 28, 2005, 6:47:52 AM12/28/05

This guy must have taken on a nasty coke habit or something because
you're not the only one he's treated as a 'hit and run'.
In addition to someone who posted here a month or two back, a friend
and I were talking about TCB's, I sent him to the Hays site, he orders
a pendant (the chains were always way overpriced), waits weeks, gets no
answer to inquiries and when the piece finally arrives- it's this small
piece of shit with a single loop on the back of the lightning bolt.
Hays remained unreachable for return arrangements.

Nashboro...@yahoo.com

Dec 28, 2005, 8:39:17 AM12/28/05
I found this on elvis-collectors.com, where I'm going to post a
heads-up next.

ML4EP

I bought a TCB chain from Hayes myself. It is beautiful, but it's not
as heavy as I thought it would be. I was told the chain weighed 24
grams by itself, but mine weighs a little over 21 grams including the
pendant.

Broadway

Dec 28, 2005, 9:57:22 PM12/28/05

So much for the "flawless reputation since 1937".

Outside of it's kitschy value, $200 is a lot of money for that pendant,
let alone the $275 some folks paid before this year (is the reduced
price for the smaller pendant?).
They make plenty off this 'community' with these high profit pieces-
all they have to do is sell the product as advertised. Nothing more or
less.

Mr. T

Dec 30, 2005, 3:18:16 PM12/30/05

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience dealing with Hays.
Personally I bought a TCB from Hays about three years ago and was very
pleased with the item, and the service was irreproachable. I paid $500, but
I believe the price back then was originally $600. I got a written appraisal
with the item without even asking.
I don't think the chain weight, or the total weight, was ever mentioned, but
when I put it on my letter scale it stop somewhere, like you said, in
between 21 and 22 grams.
The person that recently bought Hays' original mold is selling the TCBs for
approx $866,3
--
T.

Nashboro...@yahoo.com

Dec 30, 2005, 10:33:20 PM12/30/05
Hi Mr. T,
Was your TCB the "all diamond" version? Probably not, for $500.
But...if so, did it come with a Gem report?
That is what I was promised and all I wanted.

Are you considering the COA from Hays a written appraisal? They sent us
a COA, but I wanted the Gem Report for the diamonds as stated.

Nashboro...@yahoo.com

Dec 30, 2005, 10:53:10 PM12/30/05
Does anyone know the original weight and size of a TCB pendant and
necklace?

Mr. T

Dec 31, 2005, 9:32:00 AM12/31/05
Nashboro...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi Mr. T,
> Was your TCB the "all diamond" version? Probably not, for $500.
> But...if so, did it come with a Gem report?
> That is what I was promised and all I wanted.
>
> Are you considering the COA from Hays a written appraisal? They sent
> us a COA, but I wanted the Gem Report for the diamonds as stated.

My TCB has no diamonds. The letter I got with the TCB says "Record and
Appraisal of Jewelry" on the cover (it's sort of a fold-out book) but I
guess COA is a better description of the letter.
The letter reads: "This is to certify that the 14k yellow gold TCB necklace
accompanying this letter was made by me. It was made from the original mold
I used to make the necklace for Elvis Presley. The necklace is exact in
every way, including the box, and cannot be distinguished from one of the
originals".
The letter is signed by Lowell Hays and also has a Lowell Hays impress.
--
T.

Mr. T

Dec 31, 2005, 1:13:44 PM12/31/05
Nashboro...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Does anyone know the original weight and size of a TCB pendant and
> necklace?

A TCB pendant made by Hays nowadays, and a TCB pendant made by Hays for
Elvis, are identical. (This besides the TCBs made by Hays nowadays is marked
with "Lowell 14k" on the back, while the originals (as far as I know) was
only marked with "14k", if anything at all). Based on this I would guess the
weight is the same as well.
When compared with a S&A TCB pendant the only difference is that the S&A TCB
pendant has a bit longer (and sharper) lightning bolt than a Hays TCB.

The rope chains that was used varied some through the years, both in shape
and weight I guess. The first chains used by S&A was hand-made, I believe,
and consisted of three ropes braided around one another.
Also, as far as I know, the chains that Hays use nowadays differ a bit from
the chains used on any of the originals. If I remember correctly Hays told
me (something like) the chain he used nowadays looked just like the chain he
used for Elvis' TCB's in the late 70s, but the chains is not identical. Only
the TCB pendant is identical.

BTW, the price I paid for the TCB was just about the same as the going rate
for gold because of a very favorable exchange rate at the time (I'm not in
the US).
--
T.

Nashboro...@yahoo.com

Jan 4, 2006, 11:32:01 PM1/4/06
Mr T.?

Can you post pictures of your TCB, box and letter?
I'd like to see how yours is sort of a booklet.

Thanks,

Mr. T

Jan 6, 2006, 1:05:38 PM1/6/06

No problem, click: http://www.tcb.no/tmp/tcb/tcb.htm
--
T.

Nashboro...@yahoo.com

Jan 6, 2006, 10:46:02 PM1/6/06
Thank you, it looks like a million bucks :-)

Broadway

Jan 8, 2006, 7:43:04 PM1/8/06

Nashboro...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Thank you, it looks like a million bucks :-)

Actually, about six hundred...

Nashboro...@yahoo.com

Jan 8, 2006, 9:28:13 PM1/8/06
oh, yeah.

I forgot to add...

"...especially compared to what we received."

davest...@gmail.com

May 6, 2020, 5:24:29 AM5/6/20
I purchased the LAST CONCERT RING AUGUST 2019, I SEEN THE RING FOR $80 ON LINE, THEN NOTICED HE RAAISED PRICE TO $115, SO I WENT TO PURCHASE IT AT GRACELAND FROM HAYS, HE TOLD ME $130!!! I argued a bit then Graceland cash register rang it in at $80!!!he said WHOA, WAIT A MINUTE! I CHALLENGED HIM ON LRICE DIFFERNCE, HE Sid just pay me the $130!! I wanted it so bad I payed it... screwing people over not good.elvis would not be happy

noahand...@gmail.com

May 13, 2020, 4:57:33 PM5/13/20
Hey I ordered a ring off of his site elvisjewelers.com and haven't received an email, conformation or anything back after contacting him..is it a scam?

larymo...@gmail.com

May 15, 2020, 10:17:38 PM5/15/20
On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 3:57:33 PM UTC-5, noahand...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hey I ordered a ring off of his site elvisjewelers.com and haven't received an email, conformation or anything back after contacting him..is it a scam?

I ordered one last week and got it in about a week. Use Paypal.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted