Blond girl in bordello scene?

Arne Lund

Jun 25, 2002, 6:13:09 AM6/25/02
Hi friends!
I recived a mail with a question, that I don't have the answer to, but
maybe you can help me.

I'm looking for info (name and/or address etc) of a girl who was
peforming togheter with Elvis Presley is his '68 come back show.

She was the blond long haired girl in the so called bordello scene. She
was also seen on the rehearsel shots with Elvis when she whisperd things
in his ear and later eat some fruit. She was wearing a pink skirt in the
bordello scene when Elvis sang "Let yourself Go'. Maybe you can help me
by finding her name or maybe there's a internet site somewhere??? Thank
you for your taking time.

--
/Arne (Sweden)

Kevin K.

Jun 25, 2002, 8:09:04 AM6/25/02

Now, I could be completely off the mark here, but I believe it was Celeste
Yarnall who also appeared in the film 'Live a little, Love a little'

http://www.angelfire.com/tn2/elvisgirl/lovealittle.html

As i said, I could be wrong, but if I am, this is the place to be to be
corrected.. :-)

Kevin.

"Arne Lund" <arne....@telia.com> wrote in message

Dawn

Jun 25, 2002, 9:09:22 AM6/25/02
>Subject: Blond girl in bordello scene?
>From: "Arne Lund" arne....@telia.com
>Date: 6/25/2002 5:13 AM Central Standard Time

Arne,
Her name is Susan Henning. I watched this a few weeks ago and her
and Elvis really seemed *interested* in each other.

Dawn

Luuk

Jun 25, 2002, 8:55:24 AM6/25/02
According to the great booklet "The Burbank sessions and the Burbank puzzle"
by Peter Baumann, Peter Schittler, Norman Duncan & Harald Trittner:

Susan Henning

Arne Lund <arne....@telia.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
VmXR8.13391$p56.4...@newsb.telia.net...

Julie

Jun 25, 2002, 9:37:41 AM6/25/02
There was also a Susan Henning in Live A Little..is this the same person?

Julie

"Luuk" <luukbo...@hotmailSPAMLESS.com> wrote in message

Arne Lund

Jun 25, 2002, 1:02:07 PM6/25/02
Thank's all for your input, I think I find it!
It must be Susan Henning, I also find a picture on the ElvisNews.com
site that shows her and Elvis:
http://www.elvisnews.com/2001_01/200107/200107_pow.html

--
/Arne

Jun 25, 2002, 4:29:30 PM6/25/02
I saw a picture of her recently, she has not aged well.

.H.

Devildog1982z

Jun 25, 2002, 3:46:08 PM6/25/02
>Subject: Re: Blond girl in bordello scene?
>From: "H" D...@netcom.ca

>I saw a picture of her recently, she has not aged well.
>
>.H.

Well it has been almost 35 years. I believe she's about 58.

GoodLuckCharm77

Jun 25, 2002, 4:25:13 PM6/25/02
>Subject: Re: Blond girl in bordello scene?
>From: devild...@aol.com (Devildog1982z)
>Date: 6/25/02 7:46 PM !!!First Boot!!!

That's no excuse to Shallow Hal.

Luuk

Jun 25, 2002, 4:47:59 PM6/25/02
Yes it is.
The movie was sh*t but the girls were great!

Julie <julie...@lineone.net> schreef in berichtnieuws
3d187...@mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com...

CLCrandall963

Jun 25, 2002, 7:17:02 PM6/25/02
<< There was also a Susan Henning in Live A Little..is this the same person?

Julie >>

Yes. And before that she was the gorgeous Nordic-looking blonde in the Sea &
Ski billboards, wearing a white swimsuit. Which I'm sure Elvis saw.

She told me the story of how she began dating Elvis during the filming of Live
a Little, Love a Little. She was in her mermaid costume and unable to walk, so
somebody (Charlie Hodge?) was pushing her in the wheelchair to take her up the
needle tower at the aquatic park (Marineland) where it was being filmed.

Elvis came along in the elevator, they began talking, and a year-long affair
began, during which Susan says they did a LOT of traveling together, and that
people did not always know it was him. They also read the Bible together. He
liked to recite the Lord's Prayer. She played with his hair, trying on
different styles.

She saw an open call for auditions for the '68 and Special, and Elvis didn't
even know she had tried out and got the part until the opening cast party,
where Elvis was standing with his legs slightly apart.

Susan came up behind him, stuck her leg through his, and began doing a Can-Can
with her leg!

Elvis had Joe get some rollaway beds so Elvis could sleep right there on the
set, and Susan slept with him. One morning Elvis woke up to find her false
eyelashes on the bed.

She said in the sit-down segment, when he's looking over to his right, he's
looking at HER, trying to get her approval.

She was formerly married to the big used-car dealer here in Southern
Californnia, Cal Worthington, and is now married to a younger, Christian guy.
She lives on her own ranch that she got in the divorce and they raise horses.

I arranged for her to be included in the People magazine special on Elvis'
women - she was photographed in a white dress laying across one of her horses
- and I thought she looked great. That was several years ago.

If anyone needs her new last name and address, I've got it somewhere.

Dawn

Jun 25, 2002, 7:32:14 PM6/25/02
>Subject: Re: Blond girl in bordello scene?
>From: clcran...@aol.com (CLCrandall963)
>Date: 6/25/2002 6:17 PM Central Standard Time

That was more than I ever thought I'd know about Susan! Elvis was almost a
newly-wed when this all happened........

Thanks.
Dawn

CLCrandall963

Jun 25, 2002, 7:49:38 PM6/25/02
<< That was more than I ever thought I'd know about Susan! Elvis was almost a
newly-wed when this all happened........

Thanks.
Dawn >>

Right, a recalcitrant newlywed, as Marty has noted.

CLCrandall963

Jun 25, 2002, 7:50:45 PM6/25/02

/Arne>>

Arne, I tried to e-mail you a more recent photo of Susan and her husband and
kids, but it came back "User not known." Send me an e-mail if you still want
it.

Dawn

Jun 25, 2002, 7:56:51 PM6/25/02
>Subject: Re: Blond girl in bordello scene?
>From: clcran...@aol.com (CLCrandall963)
>Date: 6/25/2002 6:49 PM Central Standard Time

heh heh heh excellent choice of adjectives.

Dawn

Jun 25, 2002, 11:56:13 PM6/25/02
There are women around her age that look great.

.H.

Devildog1982z wrote in message
<20020625154608...@mb-ca.aol.com>...

GoodLuckCharm77

Jun 25, 2002, 10:05:40 PM6/25/02
>Arne, I tried to e-mail you a more recent photo of Susan and her husband and
>kids, but it came back "User not known." Send me an e-mail if you still want
>it.

Could I get one?

CLCrandall963

Jun 25, 2002, 10:46:59 PM6/25/02
<< Good Luck Charm wrote: Could I get one? >>

Your wish is my command.

Done.

Broadwaychris

Jun 25, 2002, 10:49:21 PM6/25/02
>Your wish is my command.

Hey, I like that!

Rick Rennie

Jun 25, 2002, 11:20:56 PM6/25/02
I'd like to see a recent photo of Susan too.

KellyMonro007

Jun 25, 2002, 11:53:58 PM6/25/02
I knew Elvis and Susan had something going on while watching the tape, how can
anyone who watched that segment in the Comeback Special NOT realize what was
going on? There were more sparks flying all over the place than you will find
in the majority of romantic movies today. They had chemistry with a capital C.
Only 1 woman has had that much electricity on film with Elvis and it was Ann
Margret. I for 1 would have loved to see the parts of the scenes they shared
together which ended up edited from the show. Hot is a good description of
their brief moments on film together.

Be good,

KM.

CLCrandall963

Jun 26, 2002, 12:45:29 AM6/26/02
<< I'd like to see a recent photo of Susan too. >>

Hi Rick,

Forgot to attach it on the first e-mail to you; it's on the second.

Kelly, you WERE referring to the outtakes, weren't you? The real action wasn't
in a segment but between segments. Fun, huh?

CLCrandall963

Jun 26, 2002, 1:11:25 AM6/26/02

Hi Rick,

For trivia buffs, here's her new name:

Susan Henning Schutte (Mrs. Edgar Schutte)

Kalle Lehto

Jun 26, 2002, 3:25:10 AM6/26/02

I also thought that I had seen her in some other movie & photo too
related to Elvis. It must have been in 'Live A Little' since that it
was the very same period.

It's funny that this girl got mentioned... I remember having a big
crush (very long distance one, heh) on this girl when I was around 12
and really into the '68 special. I think I would have actually
preferred putting up posters of her instead of the Elvis ones that I
had up there :)

Now I remember: wasn't she in the scene in 'Live a Little' where Elvis
was photographing a 'mermaid'? She was the mermaid. Yeah, the same
scene where Vernon was in.

Kalle
from Finland

Luuk

Jun 26, 2002, 5:17:30 AM6/26/02

KellyMonro007 <kellym...@aol.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
20020625235358...@mb-fd.aol.com...

We all thought The Colonel ordered this scene to be cut from the special
because a bordello scene was a bit too much for American television viewers.
Now it seems he more or less tried to save Elvis' marriage. LOL

Kalle Lehto

Jun 26, 2002, 6:12:28 AM6/26/02
Hi...

Well, I really don't know what to think. Was Elvis really this "loose"
with his marriage and affairs with other women during his marriage?

You know one thing I could never quite figure out: how come Priscilla
would have wanted to be associated with anything that has to do with
Elvis, after reading and hearing similar stories to the Susan Henning
one? You would think that after learning about all these (supposed)
affairs that Elvis had outside of his marriage she would be so
disgusted that she wouldn't want to have anything to do with El
anymore.

True, he *was* Elvis Presley. But still.

True, he was the father of their only child. But still.

And here am I, after deciding that I'd always judge Elvis only by his
music. :) But these stories just get so gross and disgusting sometimes
that I have to react.

Then again, they *could be only stories*, how am I to know for sure? I
wasn't there. Who wouldn't want to be associated with Elvis's name
and get some extra dollars from some juicy tabloids. (oops... could
this be the answer to my original question...? Don't think so.)

Just wonderin'..

Kalle from Finland

GoodLuckCharm77

Jun 26, 2002, 7:59:11 AM6/26/02
>ubject: Re: Blond girl in bordello scene?
>From: clcran...@aol.com (CLCrandall963)
>Date: 6/26/02 2:46 AM !!!First Boot!!!

><< Good Luck Charm wrote: Could I get one? >>
>
>Your wish is my command.
>
>Done.

Thank you!! You're the best! :O)

GoodLuckCharm77

Jun 26, 2002, 8:04:09 AM6/26/02
>You know one thing I could never quite figure out: how come Priscilla
>would have wanted to be associated with anything that has to do with
>Elvis, after reading and hearing similar stories to the Susan Henning
>one?

Securing hers and her daughter's and grandchildren's future maybe. Also, and I
think someone said this before, so much time has past, everyone has moved on,
I'm sure it's all water under the bridge. I think Priscilla has said that they
were better friends AFTER their divorce, right? And protecting his image is
important to her and her family...geez I could go on and on...

CLCrandall963

Jun 26, 2002, 8:56:18 AM6/26/02
<< Now I remember: wasn't she in the scene in 'Live a Little' where Elvis was
photographing a 'mermaid'? She was the mermaid. Yeah, the same
scene where Vernon was in. >>

Kalle,

I think you missed the earlier post where all this was explained.

Jun 26, 2002, 1:24:42 PM6/26/02
It's a shame Ms henning had no problems getting involved with a married man
who had a baby daughter at home. There were loose morals all around. I
always thought the belly dancer was the most attractive in the 68 special.

.H.

Jun 26, 2002, 2:37:24 PM6/26/02
As far as Elvis and Priscilla go when they were married, to be fair, when
Elvis was off getting his, Priscilla had a fling with her dance instructer
and eventually Mike Stone. Although, that wouldn't have likely happened if
she had been getting it on a regular basis from Elvis. If their relationship
had been totally bad from beginning to end, then i can see her being bitter.
But they did have good times too, it wasn't all bad and they also produced a
beautiful daughter.

.H.

CLCrandall963

Jun 26, 2002, 12:11:59 PM6/26/02
<< Then again, they *could be only stories*, how am I to know for sure? Iwasn't

there. Who wouldn't want to be associated with Elvis's name and get some extra
dollars from some juicy tabloids. (oops... could this be the answer to my
original question...? Don't think so.) >>

Only one problem with that "dollars from tabloids" theory: The girls didn't
kiss and tell! None of them went to the tabloids! Nobody knew about them.

In Susan's case, Joe Esposito mentioned it in an offhand way because he'd just
read in the newspapers that Cal Worthington and his wife were getting divorced.
He told me the wife was Susan Henning and that she'd dated Elvis. If I hadn't
interviewed her for a newsletter, the fans still wouldn't know!

On the question of morality, the 60s were the era of the pill and free love, so
you have to keep it in context. Yes, Elvis was Elvis. But Priscilla knew
exactly what she was getting into. She knew he had other women from the very
first. In fact SHE was the other woman when Elvis was going with Anita Wood.

And of course she took lovers of her own before she left Elvis. But remember,
at the time he really didn't want to get married, so it's no wonder he didn't
take his vows seriously.

Kalle Lehto

Jun 27, 2002, 3:45:07 AM6/27/02
Dear people,

> Kalle,
>
> I think you missed the earlier post where all this was explained.

I sure did. The problem is that when I post an article, it takes about
8 hours for it to appear in the group :I This is just the interface
that I'm using that has this fault.

While I'm at it, I thank you guys for the replies to my post about El
and his affairs outside marriage.

I guess the era *was* the '60's, and Elvis and Priscilla had a
'different kind of relationship' right from the start, so they both
knew what they were getting into. And I guess I'm 'judging' this
matter too much based on my own and the 21st century morals.

The fact that Elvis had the attitude on those things that he had, and
that combined with the fact that he had the looks & the style to knock
most women off their feet, made it very easy for these things to
happen.

I guess I always had more of a 'pure' image of Priscilla 'cause she
was so young at the time. Maybe I got carried away with the overly
romantic way she talked about a lot stuff in her book. I always had
the idea that Elvis broke their marriage by messing around (i.e to be
the first one to do this).

Well if Priscilla knew about him messing around even before their
marriage, and did not expect this to change after they got married, I
rest my case (completely :)

Regards,
Kalle

Jun 27, 2002, 1:14:05 PM6/27/02
She was like millions of women around the world who thought/think they
could/can change their man. You can't change anyone but yourself. The funny
thing was that Elvis was angry when he found out she was cheating and was
surprised when she left him. A difference was that she cheated because she
was being neglected, Elvis did it because he just always did it. He cheated
on Linda Thompson as well so it wasn't a "marriage thing". To her credit,
Priscilla admits her affairs in her book.. No excuse for the woman from
the 68 special in getting involved with a married man with a newborn
daughter at home though. That's not acceptable at anytime. I am amazed a
woman would do that.

.H.

CLCrandall963

Jun 27, 2002, 1:53:28 PM6/27/02
<< She was like millions of women around the world who thought/think they
could/can change their man. You can't change anyone but yourself. The funny
thing was that Elvis was angry when he found out she was cheating and was
surprised when she left him. A difference was that she cheated because she was
being neglected, Elvis did it because he just always did it. He cheated on
Linda Thompson as well so it wasn't a "marriage thing". To her credit,
Priscilla admits her affairs in her book.. No excuse for the woman from the
68 special in getting involved with a married man with a newborn daughter at
home though. That's not acceptable at anytime. I am amazed a woman would do
that.>>

H, Does the phrase "open marriage" ring a bell?

That phrase was in vogue during the 60s, and it signified a marriage in which
both partners felt free to be with others, while still declaring allegiance to
their partners. The Pill made playing around free of consequences easy, and the
Make-Love-Not-War ethos of the hippie culture made it socially acceptable.

In my interview with Susan Henning, I didn't ask about this, though I will the
next time we talk.

However, another woman has said Elvis told HER they had an Open Marriage. It's
likely he said the same thing to Susan. The other woman says Elvis remarked:
"I wish she [Priscilla] would leave me so I wouldn't have to leave her." He
also said, "She doesn't love me, she wants a career
of her own."

As devastated as Elvis was when she did leave him, he seemed to
have conflicting feelings. Was his heart crushed as much as his ego?
I don't know.

Another friend said that particularly during the first year of his
marriage to Priscilla, Elvis made constant disparaging remarks
concerning his marriage. What's true, what's not, what he believed,
what he didn't, nobody knows. But I bet Elvis did tell her that he had
an open marriage.

Luuk

Jun 27, 2002, 1:52:19 PM6/27/02

H <D...@netcom.ca> schreef in berichtnieuws
3lFS8.4618$H67....@tor-nn1.netcom.ca...

> She was like millions of women around the world who thought/think they
> could/can change their man. You can't change anyone but yourself. The
funny
> thing was that Elvis was angry when he found out she was cheating and was
> surprised when she left him. A difference was that she cheated because she
> was being neglected, Elvis did it because he just always did it. He
cheated
> on Linda Thompson as well so it wasn't a "marriage thing". To her credit,
> Priscilla admits her affairs in her book.. No excuse for the woman from
> the 68 special in getting involved with a married man with a newborn
> daughter at home though. That's not acceptable at anytime. I am amazed a
> woman would do that.
>
> .H.

Give me a dollar for every woman who does that and I'll be a billionaire!

CLCrandall963

Jun 27, 2002, 2:26:15 PM6/27/02
[...]

P.S. - H, you give Priscilla "credit" for admitting her affairs in her book.
But you don't criticize HER for fooling around with a married
man with little children at home.

She broke up a marriage, which is a sin in the eyes of God, is it not?
I don't mind your protestations of morality, as long as you apply it
consistently. Oh, and whether it was true or not, Elvis did tell someone that
both he AND Priscilla dated others.

CharlesBunch995

Jun 27, 2002, 3:47:06 PM6/27/02
>Oh, and whether it was true or not, Elvis did tell someone that
>both he AND Priscilla dated others.

If he did say that, I'm sure it was only to overcome any resistance on the part
of the woman. In other words, saying what he had to in order to get what he
wanted. I doubt he really knew that Priscilla was also fooling around.
Chuck

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Molly Quinn

Jun 28, 2002, 7:59:30 PM6/28/02
You're not kidding. In those outtakes, I thought they were going to
jump each other's bones. Does someone on this newsgroup speak to
Susan Henning? I would love to know more about their relationship.
When she was on tv about a year ago, she was much too coy.

dhk8...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2020, 9:08:22 PM6/26/20
Her name is Susan Hennings

cfordg...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2020, 9:07:02 AM8/13/20
She had cancer you idiots...she looks stunning at 73