Cliff Gleaves

Dawn

Jun 7, 2002, 9:09:03 PM6/7/02
Another link to Elvis is gone.

posted 06-07-2002 05:12 PM
------
We are saddened to inform you that Cliff Gleaves passed away on Tuesday, June
4. Cliff was a friend of Elvis' who first introduced him to Anita Wood and
traveled with him to West Germany to stay with Elvis and accompany him on his
trip to Paris. There will be no memorial services held for Cliff. There is not
an address available to which cards can be sent, but friends request in lieu of
cards and flowers, donations can be made to the fan clubs’ favorite charity
in Cliff’s name.
--------------------

Fan Relations Dept.
Graceland Division

Tony

Jun 8, 2002, 8:18:35 AM6/8/02
Sorry to hear that. Does anyone know what he died of?

AlwysElvis

Jun 8, 2002, 1:36:26 PM6/8/02

Cliff was a neat guy who had a zillion great stories about Elvis. He was a very
upbeat kinda guy. Elvis really liked him.
He was in a home in Tennessee for quite awhile. Don't know how old he was or
what happened.

TCB

Randy

Johnny Savage

Jun 11, 2002, 8:10:45 PM6/11/02
Time keeps on passing.

Cliff was one of the "wilder" pals Elvis kept company with.

I wonder if Marty ever crossed paths with Mr. Gleaves?

Johnny
U-S-A!

CharlesBunch995

Jun 12, 2002, 5:00:32 AM6/12/02
"You bet your life, and one day you may have to!" ;-)

RIP Cliff.

Chuck

Moon7331

Jun 12, 2002, 1:33:38 PM6/12/02

Yes, I knew Cliff since 1957.

He was one of a kind.

May he Rest In Piece.

Marty

Luuk Bonthond

Jun 13, 2002, 3:34:47 AM6/13/02

Moon7331 <moon...@aol.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
20020612133338...@mb-cf.aol.com...

Or as people who did get their highschool diploma say:

rest in PEACE

Moon7331

Jun 13, 2002, 1:18:15 PM6/13/02

You've waited a long time for a legitimate opportunity like this, haven't you
imbecile?

Well, I stand corrected. I do know how to spell and I do have a diploma.

Now you can alternate jacking off to my mistake and those pictures of little
girls you take.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Marty

Luuk Bonthond

Jun 13, 2002, 2:22:36 PM6/13/02

Moon7331 <moon...@aol.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
20020613131815...@mb-fh.aol.com...

Instead of an argument the backstabber comes up with slander, as usual.
Now continue stabbing your friends in the back for another $.

Johnny Savage

Jun 13, 2002, 6:52:05 PM6/13/02
Actually Marty wasn't exactly wrong.

According to the stories I've read, Cliff Gleaves was such a wild
character, he probably will rest in "pieces" ...

Besides, there's a huge difference between a typo by Marty Lacker and a
desperate Elvis nerd's rantings.

Johnny
U-S-A!

Luuk Bonthond

Jun 14, 2002, 7:52:40 AM6/14/02

Johnny Savage <regt...@yahoo.comnospam> schreef in berichtnieuws
regtest5-AD1B15...@nntp.concentric.net...

Aren't we all Elvisnerds on this newsgroup?

Luuk Bonthond

Jun 14, 2002, 7:56:30 AM6/14/02

Moon7331 <moon...@aol.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
20020613131815...@mb-fh.aol.com...

> Now you can alternate jacking off to my mistake and those pictures of
little
> girls you take.
>
> Marty

For those people who wonder what our senior citizen is talking about when he
mentions "young girls" have a look yourself at www.bonthond-1.myweb.nl

For all the guys here who are around 20 years old they no doubt are "old
broads" as most of the ladies are around 30 years old. LOL

Sven van der Maas

Jun 14, 2002, 10:22:01 AM6/14/02
Damn, Luuk.... did you photograph the Keileweg ??

Sven van der Maas
Webmaster of Texas Legend
http://www.texas-legend.com
"Luuk Bonthond" <luukbo...@hotNOmailSPAM.com> schreef in bericht

Johnny Savage

Jun 14, 2002, 7:53:45 PM6/14/02
In article <aecmn1$1el$1...@cyan.nl.gxn.net>,
"Luuk Bonthond" <luukbo...@hotNOmailSPAM.com> wrote:

>Aren't we all Elvisnerds on this newsgroup?

Perhaps, but you're one of the few who rants like an idiot.

Stop being so jealous and attacking of someone who KNEW Elvis, and I'll
respect you 100 times more.

Johnny
U-S-A!

Luuk Bonthond

Jun 15, 2002, 6:03:58 AM6/15/02
I've never been there so I have to rely on your experience and information
about that.

Sven van der Maas <sv...@stevie-ray-vaughan.myweb.nl> schreef in
berichtnieuws d_mO8.158512$i6.10...@amsnews02.chello.com...

Luuk Bonthond

Jun 15, 2002, 5:54:40 AM6/15/02

Johnny Savage <regt...@yahoo.comnospam> schreef in berichtnieuws
regtest5-9350C6...@nntp.concentric.net...

Jealous of someone who KNEW Elvis? The bastard was hired by Elvis to work
for him. Not to spread all the private things to the world.
We call that a backstabber!

And his wife is moaning that Elvis brought her lovely hubby on to drugs.
Wasn't he man enough to say "No" if Elvis indeed offered him drugs?

Seeing his 5 year old kid-like reactions here when his ramblings are exposed
as being total nonsense I am sure he is not a man.

All he can do is slander. And he is not even good at that as even his "you
take pictures of young girls" can be proven wrong. Anybody who goes to
www.bonthond-1.myweb.nl can see most of the "young girls" for the 20 year
olds here are "old broads".
But when you're as old as Elvis' former hired help any female under 65 is a
"young girl".............

And no, I am not jealous of ANYBODY who was employed by or worked for or was
close to Elvis. The only ones I am jealous of are the people who can walk
though the RCA-Victor tapes vault or through the former salt-mines where all
this un-used film is stored.

And to end with good news for you: at least coming two weeks (and probably
coming two months) I'll be kept quite busy so there will hardly be any posts
from me. Now isn't that a good way to start YOUR weekend?

Broadwaychris

Jun 15, 2002, 9:58:28 AM6/15/02
Luuk, you are pointlessly rude little man.

Luuk Bonthond

Jun 15, 2002, 11:01:02 AM6/15/02

Broadwaychris <broadw...@aol.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
20020615095828...@mb-cc.aol.com...

> Luuk, you are pointlessly rude little man.

Did you not send me a friendly e-mail a while ago when you revealed you had
plans to travel over here?

Broadwaychris

Jun 15, 2002, 1:08:15 PM6/15/02
>> Luuk, you are pointlessly rude little man.
>>

>Did you not send me a friendly e-mail a while ago when you revealed you had
>plans to travel over here?

Yes I did. I like friendly comings and goings.
I love Europe and get there as often as possible. When I visit Amsterdam,
people are cool everywhere you go. I think pointless rudeness only materializes
on the internet.
You're not a dumb man and I'm sure in life, you're not rude.
You don't have to love Marty, or even like him, but you also don't have to be
rude. He's done nothing to you and your 'backstabber' thing is disingenuous and
hypocritical already.
You're like the Dutch Allen Damron, you keep bringing up the same shit. It's
pointless.

Luuk Bonthond

Jun 16, 2002, 4:35:07 AM6/16/02

Broadwaychris <broadw...@aol.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
20020615130815...@mb-cd.aol.com...

> You don't have to love Marty, or even like him, but you also don't have to
be
> rude. He's done nothing to you.

He keeps posting the slander that I take pictures of "young girls".
If that would be true he should report it to the police or FBI as knowing of
a crime and NOT reporting it is a crime itself.

In the eyes of a lot of people what he did was backstab Elvis. And that's a
fact, not slander. I think he is very rude.

Broadwaychris

Jun 16, 2002, 11:10:34 AM6/16/02
>In the eyes of a lot of people what he did was backstab Elvis. And that's a
>fact, not slander. I think he is very rude.

By doing what? Telling us things about Elvis?
I've written it before and I'll write it again, let us not be hypocrites- WE
wanted to know about Elvis' every bowel movement.
For some of us, maybe not, your focus lies elsewhere, but for me? I wanted to
hang out with EP (when he was capable of 'hanging out') and would've gladly
'partied' the party.
Short of that? I had the books.
I wanted to know who he was, if I wanted the bullshit, I would have stuck with
Jerry Hopkins.
OR, I could have relied on Albert Goldman, the Stanleys, Ed Parker, the guy he
gave an ElDorado to in 73, whoever- and in such a case, I'm happy Elvis'
friend(s) are there to dispell or at the very least, tame things like the
rumours that Elvis was rogering his Mom.
Charming.
Lots of nasty, down low shit gets thrown about the Man.
ML ain't the first guy to write Elvis stuff and he's not the last.
Remember, somewhere in the near horizon, some NEW prick is gonna shock the
world with 'new' revelations of Elvis' homosexual tendencies, that's coming
soon.
ML and the others are there, ready to piss on whatever fires they can while
this huge, new round of titilating bullshit spreads, to me? THAT'S WHAT A
FRIEND DOES.
I'm glad he's there and in such a case- he's a friend of mine, even though we
don't know each other.

Depending on how realistic one's threshold is, ML's commentaries on Elvis' life
are reverential and important.
If I had the opportunity to hang out and ask questions freely, the stuff I'd
ask would make your head explode ( or bore you to death).
Who else is there to ask? Jerry Scheff?
I choose the guy who was there, a guy Elvis himself let in his life.

ML ain't leaving me in the will. I need not smootch his ass.
In fact, no one leaves me anything...
I may have to change my approach!

Dawn

Jun 16, 2002, 11:27:11 AM6/16/02
>Subject: Re: slander
>From: broadw...@aol.com (Broadwaychris)
>Date: 6/16/2002 10:10 AM Central Standard Time

It's a shame all of the fans can't see things this way.
Marty is a treasure of information and a very nice man when treated
with respect.
I think it's very kind of him to even spend time at this ng, let alone answer
questions.
And, unlike so many other of Elvis' so-called friends, he does it for FREE.

Dawn

Luuk Bonthond

Jun 17, 2002, 8:36:12 AM6/17/02

Broadwaychris <broadw...@aol.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
20020616111034...@mb-bk.aol.com...

I doubt Jerry Hopkins' book "Elvis" was bulshit. ALL persons interviewed
have their interviews in a 12-hour radio show. THEIR information can be
verified.
That's what I want, facts. If I want gossip I read "Revelations" and shit
like that.

There is an interesting court case going on here in The Netherlands which
may result in articles in newspapers and magazines and tabloids having to be
proven 100% true.
What happened is that Prince Claus, the husband of our queen Beatrix, had an
article that he is spending his final days in a German hospital because he
is so ill he will not live long. FACT is that indeed his health is very poor
BUT he is living in The Hague.
He started a long-term court case to end this type of suggestive articles.
You can also start a short-term court case which is done within days and the
loser is obliged to print an apology and pay small costs.

There are interesting books on Elvis by Bill Burk. At least he investigates
thoroughly. And he keeps the private world of Elvis private. THAT's what
friends do!

Broadwaychris

Jun 17, 2002, 10:01:18 AM6/17/02
>What happened is that Prince Claus, the husband of our queen Beatrix,

'Queen Beatrix"?
I'd love to know who she was shagging! There's an interesting story there.
C'mon, Luuk- you're in the minority on this.
I don't know an Elvis fan who didn't want to know every detail they could get
on who Elvis was inside his gates.
He's a historical and public figure and what makes him different academically
than Napoleon, Billie Holiday, Jefferson, D'Israeli, Flashman, Balzac- anyone?
People want to know what makes them tick, particularly their devotees (sp).
The facts can be ugly, but that's how it goes. These figures and their work
stand in spite of the factual shortcomings.
And when the 'private world of Elvis' is everywhere at the hands of strangers,
it's imperative that people who were there step in.
I'm glad the days of PR bullshit, in it's relation to EP, are done.

Jerry Hopkins towed the party line, only after Elvis died did he grow a set.
Had Elvis NOT died, he would have been the definitive biographer of Presley.

Only you and EPE want to deny the Man was, who the Man was.
You want Disney history!

Devildog1982z

Jun 17, 2002, 10:03:02 AM6/17/02
>Subject: Re: slander
>From: "Luuk Bonthond" luukbo...@hotNOmailSPAM.com

>There are interesting books on Elvis by Bill Burk. At least he investigates
>thoroughly. And he keeps the private world of Elvis private. THAT's what
>friends do!

Your stupidity knows no bounds. Friends also should do anything in their power
to help a friend whose life is spiraling out of control due to drug dependency
and other excesses. Their only fault is that they didn't do it sooner. Elvis
was used to getting his way and hearing the word yes. Unfortunately others have
also perpetuated the same mistakes, look no farther than the late John Belushi.
Don't think for one minute that his friends and family don't wish that they
took a tougher stand. Sometimes a kick in the ass is more needed by a junkie
than kind words he is used to hearing. I know this from friends who were strung
out and later admitted that it was only after nobody would enable them any
longer, that they seriously sought help and stayed clean.

Moon7331

Jun 17, 2002, 4:09:05 PM6/17/02

Look, Luuk is an imbecilic shmuck who shows his lack of knowledge about Elvis
and us everytime he posts.

I have explained time and time again that some of the guys did talk with Elvis
about it and once again, there were only two people who could legally make him
do something to straighten out and it was none of us guys.

Luuk doesn't like the guys and I, wow what earth shattering news! So he tends
to show his ignorance and immaturity by saying shit about us. However in the
grand scheme of things, what he says does not change the truth or history.

Nor does it effect our lives in any way.

Dog, it was no mistake on our part, other than talk to Elvis about it there was
nothing we could do to make him change.

Y'all live with it. He's dead but he left a wonderful legacy of music.

Marty

JREP98

Jun 17, 2002, 11:15:06 PM6/17/02
> >In the eyes of a lot of people what he did was backstab Elvis. And that's
>> >fact, not slander. I think he is very rude.

For goodness sake-we're in a celebratory mood here- a historical event has
occured with our hero's chart topping success-can't everybody just be happy and
get along? It's a great time for Elvis fans-and face it, we haven't had that
many lately-let's just enjoy!

Stephen Leacock

Jun 18, 2002, 12:37:38 AM6/18/02
Whats with these non Elvis fans infatuation with Elvis impersonators???? Most Elvis
fans dont like them, but why do these non fans keep doing things on them? Really ,
who cares about them. Stick to the real thing!
Jason~~

Stephen Leacock

Jun 18, 2002, 12:39:17 AM6/18/02
OOps,,I was replying to Chuck's Newsweek post about impersonators on newsweek!
Jason~~

yinyang...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2017, 8:24:18 PM11/4/17
Don't know if people here are still interested, but I have a video of Cliff giving details about his start with Elvis and living in Graceland with him and family.

Greg G

Oct 21, 2022, 8:30:20 PM10/21/22
On Saturday, November 4, 2017 at 8:24:18 PM UTC-4, yinyang...@gmail.com wrote:
> Don't know if people here are still interested, but I have a video of Cliff giving details about his start with Elvis and living in Graceland with him and family.

Heh yinyang, Do you still have the video on Cliff? I'd love to see it. Is there a way I could get a copy of it? Thanks