How Tall was Elvis

David & Julia

Jul 31, 2003, 12:32:41 AM7/31/03
I am looking to find out how tall the King was, I hear conflicting numbers
on one site I see 5' 11 1/2, and I have also heard he was as tall as 6'1. I
am a new ETA, and would like to know

ATOMIC

Jul 31, 2003, 12:49:11 AM7/31/03
Elvis was a tad over 6 foot 1 inch - but not close enough to be 6' 2".

"David & Julia" <diann...@cogeco.ca> wrote in message

Hadji Derabertis

Jul 31, 2003, 2:56:43 AM7/31/03
I don't think he was that tall. I'd bet the bank ( well my rainy day money
anyways) that he was between 5:10- 5:11.
Jason~~

ATOMIC

Jul 31, 2003, 2:30:35 AM7/31/03
6' 1" buddy!

"Hadji Derabertis" <stephen...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

ATOMIC

Jul 31, 2003, 2:41:06 AM7/31/03
I went and checked again - sheeez!

At his Army induction he was 183cm tall - that works out to exactly 6 foot 1
inch.

Ask Bill.

"Hadji Derabertis" <stephen...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Hadji Derabertis

Jul 31, 2003, 3:37:06 AM7/31/03
Nope. Elvis allways said and proclaimed he was 6 and change. But in fact he was
an inch or so shorter then 6 ft. Even Jagger , to this day, states he's 5ft
10, when in fact he's only about 5ft 6.
Jason~~

luis bustos

Jul 31, 2003, 3:06:08 AM7/31/03
he was way taller then frank sintara
"ATOMIC" <ato...@ass.com> wrote in message

Hadji Derabertis

Jul 31, 2003, 3:54:36 AM7/31/03
In all of the mafia books, and books by other parties, they all say he was under
6ft. That he wore lifts in his shoes, and performing 'boots' while on stage, to
appear taller then he was. I think they also said he wore lifts around the house
as well. Maybe he had lifts in his socks during the army measurement. lol
Jason~~

DMagrann

Jul 31, 2003, 4:52:43 AM7/31/03
Jason wrote:

<< In all of the mafia books, and books by other parties, they all say he was
under 6ft. That he wore lifts in his shoes, and performing 'boots' while on
stage, to appear taller then he was. I think they also said he wore lifts
around the house as well. Maybe he had lifts in his socks during the army
measurement. lol >>

Elvis himself used to say he was 6 ft. tall when interviewers would ask, and
the man's never been born who understated his height, so I think we can dismiss
the Army measurement. Some height and weight charts to this day specify "height
with 2-inch heels." Isn't that silly? Shoes come in all heel heights, and how
much trouble is it to remove one's shoes, anyway?

But I also don't think he was under 5'11. I think he was under 6 feet for sure,
but just under, maybe 5'11 or 5'11 1/2. I've heard people swear he was 6'1" or
even 6'2" but it was those lifts and those heels on his boots.

How tall was Vernon, does anyone know? Before Vernon got older and started to
shrink, I think he was taller than Elvis. I once asked Patsy Presley Gambill
how tall Gladys was, and she said about 5'7".

At one of Elvis' homes there is a framed list of Elvis' tailor measurements
taken in March, 1962, and also, in parentheses, the same measurements taken in
January, 1957:

Elvis Measurements
Top of hip to floor/pants 42" - January '57
Neck 15 3/4 [15 1/2]
Chest 42 [42]
Waist 34 [32]
Sleeve 31 1/2 [31 1/2]
Inside Seam 17 1/2 [17 1/2]
Pant Inseam 31 1/2 [32]
Hat 7 1/4 [7 1/2]
Boot 11D [10]
Hips 41 1/2
Coat Length 29 1/2

George Berka, Nudie's

Colin B

Jul 31, 2003, 6:46:39 AM7/31/03
I was officially measured by a doctor.

He insisted I was a couple of inches
taller than I am.

I had to point out I was wearing my cuban-
heeled boots !

Colin B

Broadway

Jul 31, 2003, 7:53:29 AM7/31/03
>I am looking to find out how tall the King was, I hear conflicting numbers
>on one site I see 5' 11 1/2, and I have also heard he was as tall as 6'1. I
>am a new ETA, and would like to know

From the graduating class of 2003? What does your 'ETA'ism have to do with the
question? Gonna get a height increase?
Jesus loves us all even cock suckers !
God Bless,Friends,TCB,STC,TLC,Allen

David

Jul 31, 2003, 8:51:27 AM7/31/03
nothing actually I was just curious, but see what I mean on the difference
of opinions on this subject
"Broadway" <broadwa...@aol.comisGroovy> wrote in message

Devildog

Jul 31, 2003, 9:40:27 AM7/31/03
>Subject: How Tall was Elvis
>From: "David & Julia" diann...@cogeco.ca

>I am looking to find out how tall the King was, I hear conflicting numbers
>on one site I see 5' 11 1/2, and I have also heard he was as tall as 6'1. I
>am a new ETA, and would like to know

Why do you feel Elvis needs you to pay tribute by imitating him and why you
feel the word has a burning desire to see you make an ass of yourself?

Kevin

Jul 31, 2003, 11:06:01 AM7/31/03
>Nope. Elvis allways said and proclaimed he
>was 6 and change. But in fact he was an inch
>or so shorter then 6 ft. Even Jagger , to this
>day, states he's 5ft 10, when in fact he's only
>about 5ft 6.
>Jason~~

Elvis was only 5ft 6?? But he had such long fingers. My mom wants to
know the distance from the arch above his thumb to the tip of his index
finger. Does anybody have that information? My guess is 7 inches.....

Kevin

DutchLA

Jul 31, 2003, 1:13:10 PM7/31/03
<< Subject: Re: How Tall was Elvis
From: dmag...@aol.com (DMagrann)
Date: Thu, Jul 31, 2003 1:52 AM

Jason wrote:

George Berka, Nudie's

**here's some more numbers according to Bill Belew:

Height 5'11- 1/2"..... but 6' with shoes on
Chest 42
Waist 30
Shoe 9
he was a size 42 in 1977

David

Jul 31, 2003, 1:30:56 PM7/31/03
what is that supposed to mean, I enjoy singing elvis songs, do you have a
problem with that, and please don't say I am making a blank out of my
self...I wouldn't say such things if you haven't heard a person sing. what
my plans are to at some day is to record some tracks of my own, sort of the
way elvis did it, because I don't write my own music, going through demos.
I really do enjoy doing his music, but plan to have my own career some day

"Devildog" <devild...@aol.comsuckthis> wrote in message

Devildog

Jul 31, 2003, 1:36:56 PM7/31/03
>Subject: Re: How Tall was Elvis
>From: "David" davidia...@hotmail.com

>what is that supposed to mean, I enjoy singing elvis songs, do you have a
>problem with that, and please don't say I am making a blank out of my
>self...

Yes, quite frankly I do. I have a problem with people that have to steal
someone else's personality in order to fill void in their life. In essence
making an ass of themselve's at Elvis' expense...

>I wouldn't say such things if you haven't heard a person sing. what
>my plans are to at some day is to record some tracks of my own, sort of the
>way elvis did it, because I don't write my own music, going through demos.
>I really do enjoy doing his music, but plan to have my own career some day

Yeah, that's what they all say. If you quote "plan to have my own career some
day" then why don't you do that instead of being a hack of someone else's
career?

Charles Thomas

Jul 31, 2003, 2:44:33 PM7/31/03
In article <GqcWa.3779$XK4.2...@read1.cgocable.net>,
"David" <davidia...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> what is that supposed to mean, I enjoy singing elvis songs, do you have a
> problem with that, and please don't say I am making a blank out of my
> self...I wouldn't say such things if you haven't heard a person sing. what
> my plans are to at some day is to record some tracks of my own, sort of the
> way elvis did it, because I don't write my own music, going through demos.
> I really do enjoy doing his music, but plan to have my own career some day

You seem like an ok guy David, so you may just want to walk away from
this place.

There are a ton of people here who like nothing better than to fling mud
on anyone they don't like for whatever reason, and ETA's are right up
there at the top of the list for them. You'll get no end of shit about
impersonating Elvis here.

Myself, I really don't give two hoots about ETAs. If they're amazingly
good they're still nowhere near as good as Elvis. And most of them are
REALLY bad.

At some point, and I'm not saying where, it switches from a "tribute" to
being a lampooning that does more to hurt Elvis' image than to keep it
alive.

Anyway, that's my warning to you. Others won't be so kind.

Good luck with your own career doing your own (selected) music.

CT

Bill Burk

Jul 31, 2003, 3:28:29 PM7/31/03

At his Army induction he was 183cm tall - that works out to exactly 6 foot 1
inch.

Ask Bill.

We took photos of Elvis at his Army induction -- barefooted and stark-ass
naked except for his jockey shorts.

And in one he was being measured and you could DISTINCTLY see that he stood
5-11 3/4, which anyone would round off to 6-0 (or 180 cm).

And Lil Elvis measured . . . (better not get into that).

007

--
******************
Bill E. Burk

[Remove "NOSP" from my e-mail address]

Rebecca

Jul 31, 2003, 6:28:11 PM7/31/03
"David & Julia" <diann...@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:<411Wa.3401$XK4.1...@read1.cgocable.net>...
> I am looking to find out how tall the King was, I hear conflicting numbers
> on one site I see 5' 11 1/2, and I have also heard he was as tall as 6'1. I
> am a new ETA, and would like to know

I am 5'tall, no inches (wish I did have a little more height) and when
I met Elvis, the top of my head hit about 4 inches under his chin.
And based on comparisons between my husband and myself that would put
Elvis at about 6' (hubby is 5'10"). Not scientific I know,but that's
my frame on reference.

Rebecca

BEV TCB

Jul 31, 2003, 7:26:06 PM7/31/03

>But I also don't think he was under 5'11. I think he was under 6 feet for
>sure,
>but just under, maybe 5'11 or 5'11 1/2.

When Bill Belew who made his clothes and jumpsuits was asked about Elvis
measurements, he said Elvis' Chest was 42; waist was 30; 5'11-1/2 Shoe size 9

Bev

atomic_elvis

Jul 31, 2003, 7:38:58 PM7/31/03
Hadji Derabertis <stephen...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<3F28C722...@sympatico.ca>...

> Nope. Elvis allways said and proclaimed he was 6 and change. But in fact he was
> an inch or so shorter then 6 ft. Even Jagger , to this day, states he's 5ft
> 10, when in fact he's only about 5ft 6.
> Jason~~

OK mf - here is the quote for you!

----START QUOTE-------

To be exact . . . Elvis, barefooted, was 183 cm tall (as seen by his Army
induction photo where they were measuring his height).

007

--
******************
Bill E. Burk
Publisher, Elvis World Magazine

-----END QUOTE--------

BIOYA

Larry Geller

Jul 31, 2003, 10:18:59 PM7/31/03
Bill Burk and Bev are correct. Elvis was 5'11-1/2'' to 5'11-3/4".
Larry

ELPrsley

Jul 31, 2003, 11:23:05 PM7/31/03
Charles Thomas <cthomas@REMOVE_SPAM_BLOCK.facstaff.wisc.edu> wrote in message news:<cthomas-E57A5B...@teta.doit.wisc.edu>...

Sure David,
That's exactly what good ole CT and Dog would like you to do... Just
walk away.
You see it must be certain that CT in his musical career has never
played cover songs and god forbid any band he may have been in tried
to play them exactly like the record. IMHO any musician that rags on
another musician for his musical ability or talent is not much of a
human being. I once bought a Travis Tritt Cd and took it back because
he had a negative song about Billy Ray Cyrus on it.

And for Dog the only instrument he has ever played, well let's not go
there.

In answer to your original question, when I last spoke to Ed Bonja,
long time Elvis photographer and nephew of Colonel Parker, he told me
Elvis was a little over 5 ft 11 in. and wore 2" lifts in his shoes. A
person can shrink from 1958 to the early 70's no doubt.

Keep on singing your songs David, just don't do a clown act when you
sing songs in Elvis' style. There are a lot of good ETA's in this
world and a lot of people enjoy their shows. Don't let the jerks get
you down. Even Elvis had to put up with a lot of mockery and put
downs in his career. And although he was the greatest entertainer and
singer to ever grace our world he was not all original himself. Case
in point, listen to "That's when your heartaches begin" and then
listen to the original version by the Ink Spots. And don't forget that
Dean Martin like style to many of his recordings. He also stole very
heavily from Black Blues and Gospel music.

Take care and keep on singin...
E.

David

Aug 1, 2003, 12:26:28 AM8/1/03
Well thank you for your kindness E, just wondered if you could tell me a bit
about yourself, you seem to be a very level headed person. perhaps you
could email me.
davidia...@hotmail.com

"ELPrsley" <ELP...@aol.com> wrote in message

Hadji Derabertis

Aug 1, 2003, 1:31:04 AM8/1/03
Does mf stand for what I think it does?
Jason~~

Hadji Derabertis

Aug 1, 2003, 1:32:23 AM8/1/03
Bill just posted 180 cm.
Jason~~

Hadji Derabertis

Aug 1, 2003, 1:36:44 AM8/1/03
How big were his lifts Larry? When he wore those was he about an even 6ft or
taller?
Jason~~

atomic_elvis

Aug 1, 2003, 1:31:01 AM8/1/03
Larry Geller <ge...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<3F29CEB...@earthlink.net>...

Hi Larry

Bill Burk said 183cm (barefoot) - that equates to 6'1". Now, as for
foot size, Bill Belew is wrong! Elvis had pretty big feet - everyone
knows that. He was like size 11.

Anyways, hope you're well!

Hadji Derabertis

Aug 1, 2003, 2:38:34 AM8/1/03
Hey Atomic, I'm not questioning your ability to read, I believe you read that right. I know your no dummy. I
was just questioning the accuracy of who wrote it. Im not saying mr Burk was wrong either. Moreso the 3rd
party that printed it. It's just that I have read many times, by diffent people (some who were very close to
the king) that Elvis was under 6 feet by about an inch or so, and that he wore lifts to make him appear
atleast 6ft tall.
This one guy in the Stones newsgroup jumped all over me once for stating that Jagger was just a little guy.
This guy freaked out man ( don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you freaked out) but this guy jumped all over
me. Saying he was 6ft 1 inches tall. But I tell you, I stood 3 feet away from Jagger on a couple of
diffrent occasions, and nooo wayyyyy was he taller then me. Jagger only came up to about my chin. The guy's
like 5ft 6..tops!
Jason~~

Hadji Derabertis

Aug 1, 2003, 2:55:45 AM8/1/03
Bill Burk's post from yesterday (thurs at 2;28) states diffrently. He says on his post that
it was 180. Maybe what you read was a mis-print.
Jason~~

***ELVIS is ATOMIC***

Aug 1, 2003, 2:56:15 AM8/1/03

> Hey Atomic, I'm not questioning your ability to read, I believe you read
that right. I know your no dummy. I
> was just questioning the accuracy of who wrote it. Im not saying mr Burk
was wrong either. Moreso the 3rd
> party that printed it. It's just that I have read many times, by diffent
people (some who were very close to
> the king) that Elvis was under 6 feet by about an inch or so, and that he
wore lifts to make him appear
> atleast 6ft tall.
> This one guy in the Stones newsgroup jumped all over me once for stating
that Jagger was just a little guy.
> This guy freaked out man ( don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you freaked
out) but this guy jumped all over
> me. Saying he was 6ft 1 inches tall. But I tell you, I stood 3 feet away
from Jagger on a couple of
> diffrent occasions, and nooo wayyyyy was he taller then me. Jagger only
came up to about my chin. The guy's
> like 5ft 6..tops!
> Jason~~

Understood Jas

Besides what I've read (which is only recently), it has been a common belief
for as long as I can remember that the figure was 6'1". He even mentions it
on one of the live boots - Elvis is talking about the mic stand being setup
for a guy who is 6'3 1/2", and Elvis says he is 6'1 1/2".

Now - as for Jagger, I met him in 1988, and sure enough he was around 5 1/2
feet. I got to meet him when I was meeting with Joe Satriani.

***ELVIS is ATOMIC***

Aug 1, 2003, 2:58:00 AM8/1/03
Jas - here is the link to the post that Bill himself typed.
http://groups.google.com.au/groups?q=elvis+tall+183&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=xfN_7.240407%24WW.12986882%40bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net&rnum=2

Ciao

"Hadji Derabertis" <stephen...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Luuk

Aug 1, 2003, 3:48:40 AM8/1/03
Because several people are trying very hard to keep this newsgroup friendly
please let it be known mf stands for mighty friendly ;-)

--
www.luukbonthond.tk
Elvis phonecards and my exchange material

www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/hotel/1116/index.htm
The Elvis bootlegs

"Hadji Derabertis" <stephen...@sympatico.ca> schreef in bericht

Hadji Derabertis

Aug 1, 2003, 5:02:27 AM8/1/03

Luuk wrote:

> Because several people are trying very hard to keep this newsgroup friendly
> please let it be known mf stands for mighty friendly ;-)

Ya, that's what I figured. :) Actually I thought it was mighty good friend, but
that he forgot the g. lol
Jason~~

Hadji Derabertis

Aug 1, 2003, 4:58:39 AM8/1/03
Was it just me, perhaps the angle I saw Mick from, but does he not have a huge
head? lol. My buddys and I were talking about Micks size( not penis size, I know
there's lots of witty people on here, who would have been all over that line
lol) last night . This was brought up because when Angus Young stood beside
him on stage, he was about a half a foot shorter then Mick. My buddies also
commented that Mick had a big head. My two friends I was with last night both
met him at a bar the night before one of their shows here in Toronto a few years
back. They both requested, along with another couple of friends, the tune 'Live
with me'. Later on, as they were leaving the bar, they said to Jagger " Hey
Mick, don't forget 'live with me' tommorrow night".
Then the next night, during the concert, Jagger said " now this next song is
for the boys at the bar"..... then they broke into 'Live with me". How cool is
that?
Jason~~

Devildog

Aug 1, 2003, 9:34:02 AM8/1/03
>Subject: Re: How Tall was Elvis
>From: ELP...@aol.com (ELPrsley)
>Date: 7/31/03 10:23 PM Central

Mullet boy:

>Sure David,
>That's exactly what good ole CT and Dog would like you to do... Just
>walk away.
>You see it must be certain that CT in his musical career has never
>played cover songs and god forbid any band he may have been in tried
>to play them exactly like the record. IMHO any musician that rags on
>another musician for his musical ability or talent is not much of a
>human being. I once bought a Travis Tritt Cd and took it back because
>he had a negative song about Billy Ray Cyrus on it.

I can't and wouldn't dream of speaking for CT, but as for myself it will be a
cold day in hell before I watch this place turn into a finishing school for
Impersonators or prospective Impersonators.

You may now continue with your previously scheduled conspiracies...

Devildog

Aug 1, 2003, 9:35:19 AM8/1/03
>Subject: Re: How Tall was Elvis
>From: "David" davidia...@hotmail.com

>Well thank you for your kindness E, just wondered if you could tell me a bit
>about yourself, you seem to be a very level headed person. perhaps you
>could email me.

Yes his head is rather flat looking. I just love it when two Assclowns bond...

Broadway

Aug 1, 2003, 10:44:18 AM8/1/03
>said to Jagger " Hey
>Mick, don't forget 'live with me' tommorrow night".
> Then the next night, during the concert, Jagger said " now this next song is
>for the boys at the bar"..... then they broke into 'Live with me". How cool
>is
>that?
>Jason~~

That's pretty goddamned cool, I'd say.
Mick spent a good long stretch occupying the 'coolest man on the planet' seat.

Bill Burk

Aug 1, 2003, 12:25:25 PM8/1/03
Someone posted this:

----START QUOTE-------

> To be exact . . . Elvis, barefooted, was 183 cm tall (as seen by his Army
> induction photo where they were measuring his height).
>
> 007
>
> --
> ******************
> Bill E. Burk
> Publisher, Elvis World Magazine
>
> -----END QUOTE--------

When, in actuality, what I wrote (and you can look it up for yourself in
this thread):

And in one he was being measured and you could DISTINCTLY see that he stood
5-11 3/4, which anyone would round off to 6-0 (or 180 cm).

And Lil Elvis measured . . . (better not get into that).

SO . . . if we're going to go around quoting me, let's have at least some
measure of accuracy.

007

--
******************
Bill E. Burk
Publisher, Elvis World Magazine

[Remove "NOSP" from my e-mail address]

Hadji Derabertis

Aug 1, 2003, 2:08:48 PM8/1/03
The post he is talking about Bill is from Jan 8th 2002. He lifted it from the
Google archives. Im assuming it was a typo on your part.
How's the preperations for Elvis week going?
Jason~~

Aug 1, 2003, 3:58:40 PM8/1/03
You are new ETA? Good God. What made you decide to do something like that?
Identity crisis? What are going to do? Try and make yourself the same
height? Change your mind before it's too late. There is still time to turn
your life around.

.H.

Hadji Derabertis

Aug 1, 2003, 5:21:40 PM8/1/03
Hey David, I did warn ya. :)..... By the way H, you've been a stranger around
these parts. I was convinced you somehow hooked up with cute, cuddly, lil Lisa
Marie.
Jason~~

Marty

Aug 1, 2003, 4:57:09 PM8/1/03

"DutchLA" <dut...@aol.com> wrote in message

> << Subject: Re: How Tall was Elvis
> From: dmag...@aol.com (DMagrann)
> Date: Thu, Jul 31, 2003 1:52 AM
>
> Jason wrote:
>
> << In all of the mafia books, and books by other parties, they all say he
was
> under 6ft. That he wore lifts in his shoes, and performing 'boots' while
on
> stage, to appear taller then he was. I think they also said he wore lifts
> around the house as well. Maybe he had lifts in his socks during the army
> measurement. lol >>
>
> Elvis himself used to say he was 6 ft. tall when interviewers would ask,
and
> the man's never been born who understated his height, so I think we can
> the Army measurement. Some height and weight charts to this day specify
"height
> with 2-inch heels." Isn't that silly? Shoes come in all heel heights, and
how
> much trouble is it to remove one's shoes, anyway?

> But I also don't think he was under 5'11. I think he was under 6 feet for
sure,
> but just under, maybe 5'11 or 5'11 1/2. I've heard people swear he was
6'1" or
> even 6'2" but it was those lifts and those heels on his boots.
>
> How tall was Vernon, does anyone know? Before Vernon got older and started
> shrink, I think he was taller than Elvis. I once asked Patsy Presley
Gambill
> how tall Gladys was, and she said about 5'7".
>
> At one of Elvis' homes there is a framed list of Elvis' tailor
measurements
> taken in March, 1962, and also, in parentheses, the same measurements
taken in
> January, 1957:
>
> Elvis Measurements
> Top of hip to floor/pants 42" - January '57
> Neck 15 3/4 [15 1/2]
> Chest 42 [42]
> Waist 34 [32]
> Sleeve 31 1/2 [31 1/2]
> Inside Seam 17 1/2 [17 1/2]
> Pant Inseam 31 1/2 [32]
> Hat 7 1/4 [7 1/2]
> Boot 11D [10]
> Hips 41 1/2
> Coat Length 29 1/2
>
> George Berka, Nudie's
>
> **here's some more numbers according to Bill Belew:
>
> Height 5'11- 1/2"..... but 6' with shoes on
> Chest 42
> Waist 30
> Shoe 9
> he was a size 42 in 1977

Greetings.

Just thought I'd pop in and read this thread.

I don't know why Belew listed Elvis' shoe size as 9.

For many years either Richard Davis or I bought Elvis' boots for him and
they were always size ten and a half.

Granted he needed a little extra room for the lifts but not that much.

I wear a size 9 and Elvis' feet were longer than mine.

Marty

Hadji Derabertis

Aug 1, 2003, 6:35:21 PM8/1/03
Hey stranger!
Jason~~

Dawn in Memphis

Aug 1, 2003, 6:13:41 PM8/1/03
>Subject: Re: How Tall was Elvis
>From: "Marty" moon...@bellsouth.net
>Date: 8/1/2003 3:57 PM Central

>Greetings.
>
>Just thought I'd pop in and read this thread.
>
>I don't know why Belew listed Elvis' shoe size as 9.
>
>For many years either Richard Davis or I bought Elvis' boots for him and
>they were always size ten and a half.
>
>Granted he needed a little extra room for the lifts but not that much.
>
>I wear a size 9 and Elvis' feet were longer than mine.
>
>Marty

Wow.....nice to see you around these parts Marty. : )

Dawn
www.altelvisking.com

Devildog

Aug 1, 2003, 6:35:58 PM8/1/03
>Subject: Re: How Tall was Elvis
>From: "Marty" moon...@bellsouth.net

>Greetings.
>
>Just thought I'd pop in and read this thread.
>
>I don't know why Belew listed Elvis' shoe size as 9.
>
>For many years either Richard Davis or I bought Elvis' boots for him and
>they were always size ten and a half.
>
>Granted he needed a little extra room for the lifts but not that much.
>
>I wear a size 9 and Elvis' feet were longer than mine.
>
>Marty

Welcome back. Where did you purchase Elvis' boot's?

Marty

Aug 1, 2003, 6:58:10 PM8/1/03

"Devildog" <devild...@aol.comsuckthis> wrote in message

A chain store called Hardy Shoe Store.

Don't know if they are still in existence.

Marty

tcbtom

Aug 1, 2003, 7:48:28 PM8/1/03
Huh?

ELPrsly

Aug 1, 2003, 9:21:30 PM8/1/03
>Mullet boy:
>
>>Sure David,
>>That's exactly what good ole CT and Dog would like you to do... Just
>>walk away.
>>You see it must be certain that CT in his musical career has never
>>played cover songs and god forbid any band he may have been in tried
>>to play them exactly like the record. IMHO any musician that rags on
>>another musician for his musical ability or talent is not much of a
>>human being. I once bought a Travis Tritt Cd and took it back because
>>he had a negative song about Billy Ray Cyrus on it.
>>

>I can't and wouldn't dream of speaking for CT, but as for myself it will be a
>cold day in hell before I watch this place turn into a finishing school for
>Impersonators or prospective Impersonators.
>
>You may now continue with your previously scheduled conspiracies...

Dog Breath:
Did you join the Corp to protect people rights and freedoms or to just Kill
poeple?
Hope you don't freeze to death.
E.

ELPrsly

Aug 1, 2003, 9:25:17 PM8/1/03
>A chain store called Hardy Shoe Store.
>
>Don't know if they are still in existence.
>
>Marty

Goodness gracious,
Welcome back Marty.
Missed having you here.
I hope all went well with your project and the storm there in Memphis didn't
hit you too hard.

Hardy's was big here in Calif in the 60's and 70's I had no idea that was where
you got Elvis' boots but I sure knew it was the only place I could find things
similar to what he wore. Even bought my only pair of Beatle boots there.
Sure wish I had kept those.

Anyway, nice to have you back.
E.

ELPrsly

Aug 1, 2003, 9:29:23 PM8/1/03
>That's pretty goddamned cool, I'd say.
>Mick spent a good long stretch occupying the 'coolest man on the planet'
>seat.
>__________________________

Micks still the coolest man on the planet.
Second best IMHO is Ringo for different reasons.

I met Pete Best a couple of days ago and damn if he is a right nice English
Chap. Damn good Skiffle Drummer too.

Devildog

Aug 2, 2003, 9:20:00 AM8/2/03
>Subject: Re: How Tall was Elvis
>From: elp...@aol.com (ELPrsly)
>Date: 8/1/03 8:21 PM Central

>Dog Breath:
>Did you join the Corp to protect people rights and freedoms or to just Kill
>poeple?
>Hope you don't freeze to death.

Mullet boy, Please remove the road kill from your head when addressing me...

// T.. CB

Aug 2, 2003, 1:30:49 PM8/2/03
Marty wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> Just thought I'd pop in and read this thread.
>
> I don't know why Belew listed Elvis' shoe size as 9.
>
> For many years either Richard Davis or I bought Elvis' boots for him
> and they were always size ten and a half.
>
> Granted he needed a little extra room for the lifts but not that much.
>
> I wear a size 9 and Elvis' feet were longer than mine.
>
> Marty

Very nice to see you posting here again, Marty!!

T..CB
--------------------------

Hadji Derabertis

Aug 2, 2003, 2:27:17 PM8/2/03

"// T.. CB" wrote:

Lets hope he stays, and the few non Marty fans let him post in peace. Play
nice everyone.
Jason~~

Luuk

Aug 2, 2003, 1:51:03 PM8/2/03
"Hadji Derabertis" <stephen...@sympatico.ca> schreef in bericht

Yeah, no name calling and false accusations either!

ELPrsley

Aug 2, 2003, 2:47:52 PM8/2/03
devild...@aol.comsuckthis (Devildog) wrote in message news:<20030802092000...@mb-m29.aol.com>...

Jar Head,
Then I would have to remove you...
And you are way too much fun.

Love ya man
E.

ELPrsley

Aug 2, 2003, 2:53:03 PM8/2/03
Larry Geller <ge...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<3F29CEB...@earthlink.net>...
> Bill Burk and Bev are correct. Elvis was 5'11-1/2'' to 5'11-3/4".
> Larry
>
> BEV TCB wrote:
>
> >>But I also don't think he was under 5'11. I think he was under 6 feet for
> >>sure,
> >>but just under, maybe 5'11 or 5'11 1/2.
> >>

> > When Bill Belew who made his clothes and jumpsuits was asked about Elvis
> > measurements, he said Elvis' Chest was 42; waist was 30; 5'11-1/2 Shoe size 9
> >
> > Bev

All due respect Mr. Geller.

I bow to your prescence. (sic)

E.

ELPrsley

Aug 2, 2003, 2:57:48 PM8/2/03
"Bill Burk" <beb00...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<x5eWa.78676$3o3.5...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>...

> At his Army induction he was 183cm tall - that works out to exactly 6 foot 1
> inch.
>
> Ask Bill.
> >>
> We took photos of Elvis at his Army induction -- barefooted and stark-ass
> naked except for his jockey shorts.

> And in one he was being measured and you could DISTINCTLY see that he stood
> 5-11 3/4, which anyone would round off to 6-0 (or 180 cm).
>
> And Lil Elvis measured . . . (better not get into that).
>
> 007

Ah cum on Bill,
Everyone knows you measured little Elvis ! :)

Regardless of height.. You know the first time my older nephew who
turned me on to Elvis saw him in concert told me he wasn't as big as
we thought my thoughts were yeah right. Damn when I saw him he was
almost as big as God.

But now that you mention it, he had really long fingers, big bones,
large head for most. It almost makes you wonder. How big was little
Elvis anyway.....

Guess now's the time for Sybil Shepard to speak up!

E.

ELPrsley

Aug 2, 2003, 2:59:43 PM8/2/03
devild...@aol.comsuckthis (Devildog) wrote in message news:<20030731133656...@mb-m01.aol.com>...

> >Subject: Re: How Tall was Elvis
> >From: "David" davidia...@hotmail.com
>
> >what is that supposed to mean, I enjoy singing elvis songs, do you have a
> >problem with that, and please don't say I am making a blank out of my
> >self...
>
> Yes, quite frankly I do. I have a problem with people that have to steal
> someone else's personality in order to fill void in their life. In essence
> making an ass of themselve's at Elvis' expense...
>

> >I wouldn't say such things if you haven't heard a person sing. what
> >my plans are to at some day is to record some tracks of my own, sort of the
> >way elvis did it, because I don't write my own music, going through demos.
> >I really do enjoy doing his music, but plan to have my own career some day
> >

> Yeah, that's what they all say. If you quote "plan to have my own career some
> day" then why don't you do that instead of being a hack of someone else's
> career?

And your ambitions were to be what?
General Patton
or perhaps Major Osterhoudt for that matter.
Yeah dimwit look him up.
E.

CharlesBunch995

Aug 3, 2003, 6:20:38 AM8/3/03
>> Marty wrote:
>> >>
>> > Greetings.
>> >
>> > Just thought I'd pop in and read this thread.
>> >
>> > I don't know why Belew listed Elvis' shoe size as 9.
>> >
>> > For many years either Richard Davis or I bought Elvis' boots for him
>> > and they were always size ten and a half.
>> >
>> > Granted he needed a little extra room for the lifts but not that much.
>> >
>> > I wear a size 9 and Elvis' feet were longer than mine.
>> >
>> > Marty

Good to see you here, Marty.
Chuck

Devildog

Aug 3, 2003, 9:38:23 AM8/3/03
>Subject: Re: How Tall was Elvis
>From: ELP...@aol.com (ELPrsley)
>Date: 8/2/03 1:59 PM Central

>And your ambitions were to be what?
>General Patton
>or perhaps Major Osterhoudt for that matter.
>Yeah dimwit look him up.

Yeah, well some of us have real ambitions outside of being just another
assclown...

Devildog

Aug 3, 2003, 9:41:07 AM8/3/03
>Subject: Re: How Tall was Elvis
>From: ELP...@aol.com (ELPrsley)

>Mullet boy, Please remove the road kill from your head when addressing me...

>Jar Head,
>Then I would have to remove you...
>And you are way too much fun.
>
>Love ya man

You couldn't remove a package of Trojans from your wallet without dropping
it...

ELPrsly

Aug 3, 2003, 10:38:00 AM8/3/03
>Yeah, well some of us have real ambitions outside of being just another
>assclown...

And why they do in their spare time is their business. What you do with yours
is yours. So get over it.

ELPrsly

Aug 3, 2003, 10:42:29 AM8/3/03
>You couldn't remove a package of Trojans from your wallet without dropping
>it...

They'd be big enough to go over your head.

Devildog

Aug 3, 2003, 11:28:18 AM8/3/03
>Subject: Re: How Tall was Elvis
>From: elp...@aol.com (ELPrsly)

>>You couldn't remove a package of Trojans from your wallet without dropping
>>it...

>They'd be big enough to go over your head.

And I think that's where that post went, right over your head...

ELPrsly

Aug 3, 2003, 9:02:01 PM8/3/03
>>>You couldn't remove a package of Trojans from your wallet without dropping
>>>it...
>
>>They'd be big enough to go over your head.
>

>And I think that's where that post went, right over your head...

Quite the opposite. Too bad they don't make them big enough to go over your
mouth.

Devildog

Aug 4, 2003, 9:46:17 AM8/4/03
>Subject: Re: How Tall was Elvis
>From: elp...@aol.com (ELPrsly)

>Quite the opposite. Too bad they don't make them big enough to go over your
>mouth.

They aren't made for the mouth, I thought you knew that?

ELPrsly

Aug 4, 2003, 11:36:15 AM8/4/03
>They aren't made for the mouth, I thought you knew that?

Oh no you are practicing unsafe sex again.
You Dog...

Your court.

Charles Thomas

Aug 4, 2003, 2:47:08 PM8/4/03
In article <91395e8.03073...@posting.google.com>,
ELP...@aol.com (ELPrsley) wrote:

> That's exactly what good ole CT and Dog would like you to do... Just
> walk away.
> You see it must be certain that CT in his musical career has never
> played cover songs and god forbid any band he may have been in tried
> to play them exactly like the record. IMHO any musician that rags on
> another musician for his musical ability or talent is not much of a
> human being.

Of course you're welcome to kiss my ass, but before doing so you should
really re-read my email.

My only point was that ETAs are excessively abused here, and it's not a
pleasant place for them to hang out. And why would anyone wish that
kind of abuse on a guy who seems like he's pretty nice?

On second thought, however, I'd say as long as he filters a few of the
more rabid ETA-haters, he might have an ok time of it.

In the email you rant about, I go on to give my personal opinion on
ETAs, which is... and I quote... "Myself, I really don't give two hoots
about ETAs".

Meaning... I'm pretty live and let live about it. If you want to do it,
fine. Doesn't bother me.

Plenty of people out there doing plenty of types of music I don't like.
I just change the channel.

CT

ELPrsley

Aug 4, 2003, 8:52:25 PM8/4/03
Charles Thomas <cthomas@REMOVE_SPAM_BLOCK.facstaff.wisc.edu> wrote in message news:<cthomas-3F23FF...@teta.doit.wisc.edu>...

I understand you much better now CT....
My apologies.
I am sorry.

Would love to hear some of your music someday.

About kissing your ass. I don't no man, any cuter than your face?

Just kidding.

You playing in a band now days or what?

E.

Devildog

Aug 4, 2003, 9:28:26 PM8/4/03
>Subject: Re: How Tall was Elvis
>From: elp...@aol.com (ELPrsly)

>Oh no you are practicing unsafe sex again.
>You Dog...

I never knew anyone could practice sex, wouldn't that be what masturbation is
for?

Charles Thomas

Aug 5, 2003, 12:22:28 PM8/5/03
In article <91395e8.03080...@posting.google.com>,
ELP...@aol.com (ELPrsley) wrote:

> I understand you much better now CT....
> My apologies.
> I am sorry.

Me too. Drinks all around!

http://www.mp3.com/CharlesThomas

> About kissing your ass. I don't know man, any cuter than your face?

Many would say yes, others not so much.

> You playing in a band now days or what?

I'm in an all-acoustic project, working on my second solo CD for Fall
release, doing all the backup playing for a local folk artist's CD, and
doing some pick-up soundtrack work for educational clips. The last is
really fun because I get to write orchestral arrangments instead of just
the usual "bass, drums, guitar, vocals".

Still haven't found a way to make a living at it, but I'm still working
on it.

CT

ELPrsly

Aug 6, 2003, 3:28:20 PM8/6/03
>I never knew anyone could practice sex, wouldn't that be what masturbation is
>for?

Never hurts to practice, maybe you'll get it right.

Devildog

Aug 6, 2003, 3:57:14 PM8/6/03
>Subject: Re: How Tall was Elvis
>From: elp...@aol.com (ELPrsly)

>>I never knew anyone could practice sex, wouldn't that be what masturbation

It seems some people never get past the practicing part, maybe you can find
some inflatable love...

ELPrsly

Aug 6, 2003, 8:49:13 PM8/6/03
>It seems some people never get past the practicing part, maybe you can find
>some inflatable love...

Oh God, I give up, you win.... The Marines have landed !

Luuk

Aug 7, 2003, 4:51:26 AM8/7/03
"ELPrsly" <elp...@aol.com> schreef in bericht

On inflatable dolls?

Devildog

Aug 7, 2003, 9:52:03 AM8/7/03
>Subject: Re: How Tall was Elvis
>From: "Luuk" luukbo...@wanadoo.nl

>On inflatable dolls?

What's the matter Luuk, running low on midol again?

Broadway

Aug 16, 2003, 12:05:59 AM8/16/03
>>You couldn't remove a package of Trojans from your wallet without dropping
>>it...
>>

>They'd be big enough to go over your head.

Are you in the NBA?

Broadway

Aug 16, 2003, 12:09:53 AM8/16/03

>> >It seems some people never get past the practicing part, maybe you can
>find
>> >some inflatable love...
>> >
>> Oh God, I give up, you win.... The Marines have landed !
>

>From: "Luuk"

>On inflatable dolls?

He can help you out with a trade-in, if you like...

larry...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2016, 1:58:52 PM11/11/16
I went to Memphis about ten years ago and went into the Lansky Brothers shop where Elvis bought his clothes from the 50's until almost his death. Bernard Lansky (who was the owner and dressed Elvis his entire life) was in there working that day. I had him personally pick out three shirts for me and talked to him for well over an hour during that time. He had many photos of himself with Elvis in his shop and I noticed Elvis wasn't any taller than me when I compared myself next to Bernard with the photos on the wall. I am right at 5'10 and I asked Bernard how tall Elvis really was and he said, "Boy, Elvis wasn't much taller than you" I said, " I thought he was 6 ft tall" and Bernard said, "Heck boy, Elvis wasn't no 6 ft tall, he was 5"11 on a good day," So there you have it from a man who dressed him and measured him personally for over 20 years.

admang...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2018, 5:14:59 AM10/12/18
I did a tour of graceland in 1983 ,I asked one of the guides how tall was elvis and she said "six feet and one half inches".

culpepp...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2020, 8:16:12 PM3/15/20
He was not 6-1 or over. He was between 5-11 and 6 ft

culpepp...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2020, 8:16:38 PM3/15/20
5-11 buddy

culpepp...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2020, 8:17:27 PM3/15/20
His driver's license says different. He was not 6-1