Middle Name

Roland Meisel

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

Can anyone settle an argument by posting the spelling of Elvis' middle
name, as it appears on his tombstone?

Thank you!

Elvis fan.

moo...@worldnet.att.net

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

Roland,

His name correctly spelled on the tombstone is Elvis Aaron Presley.

Have a nice weekend,

Marty Lacker

Andrew Leach

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

In article <DurKI...@iaw.on.ca> rol...@iaw.on.ca "Roland Meisel" writes:

> Can anyone settle an argument by posting the spelling of Elvis' middle
> name, as it appears on his tombstone?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Elvis fan.

The spelling of Elvis middle name on the grave stone is spelt AARON which
is the correct spelling, not Aron as many think. Gail Brewer Giorgio has
made herself rich with all this spelling on the stone speculation and I
believe she has yet another book coming out trying to convince us Elvis is
still alive. He is, in our hearts.
--
Andy

tony

Jul 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/20/96

Roland Meisel wrote:

> Can anyone settle an argument by posting the spelling of Elvis' middle
> name, as it appears on his tombstone?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Elvis fan.

To the best of my knowledge Elvis' middle name was legally spelled ARON.
The story goes that Vernon and Gladys intended to Use the bibilcal
spelling AAron but Vernon misspelled it on the birth certificate! In the
70's Elvis preferred the AA spelling and began using it. i don't know
whether he changed it legally or not. This would make sense that vernon
would use the AA spelling on the Grave marker seeing he would want to do
what Elvis wanted and atone for his slight mistake 42 years before!
If marty lacker sees this maybe he can clear it up.

Always Elvis

Tony

tony

Jul 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/20/96

moo...@worldnet.att.net wrote:
> Tony,
>
> When Elvis was born, Dr. Hunt who delivered him asked Vernon what the
> baby's name would be while making out the birth record. Most times Vernon
> pronounced Elvis as Evis without the L. His intention was to give Elvis
> the middle name of Aaron in honor of Vernon's close friend Aaron Kennedy.
> On the birth record Dr. Hunt wrote Evis Aaron Presley. When Vernon filed
> for the birth certificate in Tupelo he mistakenly spelled it with one A
> as Vernon was not well educated and didn't know how Kennedy spelled his
> first name.
>
> In November 1966, coincidently on the same day Elvis asked me to be the
> best man at his wedding, we got in a discussion about that while in the
> basement den of Graceland. It was Elvis, his dad and myself also in the
> room was Richard Davis and Mike Keaton. I asked Elvis how come they were
> spelling it with one A since in the bible it is spelled with two. Prior
> to that Elvis had always talked with pride that he had the same name as
> Moses' brother. He then said to me, "it is supposed to be with two A's
> but since some people couldn't spell back then it was mistakenly written
> with one". While he said that he was looking at Vernon. Then he turned
> back to Vernon and said, "Daddy from now on I want it spelled with two
> A's on anything legal or anything else". His father said o.k. and that is
> why his grave marker says Elvis Aaron, his father had it made that way.
>
> Hope that clears it up for you.

> Have a nice weekend,
>
> Marty Lacker

Thanks Marty,

I guess i wasn't too far off in what i remember reading. Next time
you do an interview maybe you should bring this up and maybe, just
maybe, it will put an end to all those sick stories about - that if
Elvis' name is misspelled on the Gravestone that means he's not buried
there and MUST BE ALIVE!!!!!! I wish these folks that believe this would
grow up a little.

Always Elvis

Tony

moo...@worldnet.att.net

Jul 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/20/96

gewebb

Jul 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/21/96

tony wrote:

> To the best of my knowledge Elvis' middle name was legally spelled
> ARON.

>...In the 70's Elvis preferred the AA spelling and began using it. i don't know whether he changed it legally or not.

I've always heard Elvis legally had his middle name changed to "Aaron"
later in his life, sometime around 1976.

Greg

MARK WILLIAMS

Jul 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/24/96
to Andrew Leach

The spelling on the kings name, to who ever it was that wanted it, is
Aaron - with two a's.