Need help making a tone beacon circuit

1 view

Tom Yocky

Apr 30, 2007, 5:40:35 PM4/30/07
Hello everyone,
I'm pretty new to electronics and am looking for help from those with more
experience. I play Frisbee Golf a lot and a common annoyance is throwing
the frisbee way down the course, around a curve, and a bad shot ends up
landing somewhere in tall grass or brush. If I am not able to see exactly
where it landed, finding the Frisbee again can be very difficult and
occasionally results in loosing the frisbee completely. I would like to
make some kind of mini circuit that I can tape or glue onto the underside of
the frisbee that will sound a beeping tone like a beacon that will help me
locate the frisbee. I need it to be something small that runs off of a
watch battery or something like that and I can turn it on and off as needed.
I messed around with one of those "keychain finders" that if you whistle the
right pitch, it beeps and flashes an LED. It worked OK, but was a bit
unreliable to respond to my whistle. I would rather have just something
that I can turn on before I throw and turn off after I recover the frisbee.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
-Tom

no one