Michigan teachers told to take down Pride flags after 'external challenge'

Leroy N. Soetoro

Nov 29, 2021, 3:32:51 PM11/29/21
https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/michigan-teachers-told-take-
pride-flags-external-challenge-rcna6630

A middle school teacher in southern Michigan resigned after he and other
educators in his district were told to remove LGBTQ Pride flags they had
up in their classrooms.

Teachers were told to take down the flags after Three Rivers Community
Schools in Three Rivers, Michigan, received an “external challenge” about
the symbols that had "reached the board level," according to an email
obtained by NBC affiliate WOOD of Grand Rapids.

“The rumors kind of floating around was that there's one or two parents
that complained about the flags being in the classroom,” said Russell
Ball, the teacher who resigned.

Ball, who said he is part of the LGBTQ community, told WOOD that he is
"disheartened and saddened."

“To me, the flag represents love and inclusion for everybody, not just
whoever is of the LGBTQIA+ community,” he said. “The students losing that
representation throughout the classrooms really hurt. Losing my own
representation in the classroom really hurt. It was just something I was
not prepared to do.”

The district's interim superintendent, Nikki Nash, said in a statement
that it was “an ongoing situation.”

“We continue to work with the district’s legal firm and board of education
to ensure we are providing a safe learning environment for all students,”
the statement read.

For the full story, visit NBC affiliate WOOD.

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.