YOU ARE IN THE MINISTRY

DRJ

Aug 15, 2002, 9:32:11 PM8/15/02
YOU ARE IN THE MINISTRY
Everyone who has the Holy Ghost is in the ministry. That is why you have the
Holy Ghost,
God was speaking about you when He said, "But ye shall receive power, after
the Holy
Ghost is come upon you; and Ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem,
and all
Judea, and in Samaria, and to the uttermost part of the earth," Acts 1:8

God did not give you the Holy Ghost just to play with it like it were a 99
cent baby
rattler, or just to pacify yourself. He gave you this power for the
ministry. You use
this power to deliver others.

What do you want with this power of the Holy Ghost? Why did you seek this
power? What
are you going to do with this power? Do you think God would give men/women
this power if
he or she did not expect to use it?

ALL OF US DO NOT HAVE A PULPIT MINISTRY.
Many people seem to think they are not in the ministry just because they are
not a pastor
or an evangelist. Others think because they do not have a gift of miracles
or the gifts
of healing manifested their lives they cannot be used of God.

GOD WANTS YOU TO MINISTER
It may not be a pulpit ministry. But you may minister in many hundreds of
different ways.
You may pray with the sinners and instruct seekers. You may invite people to
the Bible
study. You may witness to people on the job, at school, in the street, on
the train, the
plane, even while you are on vacation. You may minister to the postman,
grocery,
and to your employer. Send tract in your letters, make tracts, send
magazines and magazines
for Christmas presents. You CAN minister; therefore, you MUST minister!!

WHAT CAN GOD DO FOR YOU?
Since we have learned that everyone in is in the ministry in some form, we
need to also
understand that God has a definite way in which He prepares us for this life
of service.
I want you to know that from the very beginning. He is mindful of YOU. He
want to train
YOU. There is a schooling for EVERYONE of us. I believe in Bible Schools,
but the schooling
of which I am speaking is something that no Bible School gives.

God took Moses through the school on the back side of the desert. Moses
first learned to
take care of the sheep before he was trusted with care of God's people. At
the age of forty,
after Moses had finished the highest school of the land, he said, 'Look who
I am!"
He began in his own strength, with his own natural talents. After he had
gone through God's
school of training he humbly said, "Who am I?" Then he went in the strength
and power of
the Lord. He told the Lord he did not want to go without His presence and
power. Moses
moved on his mission with the ministry of miracles.

Jacob was sent through twenty-two years of training, until his old nature
was killed,
until God gave him a new nature> Then he had power with God. He was chiseled
until he cried
out to God and received a change of attitude.

David was trained in the wilderness several years before he went to the
throne to rule.
Every general in the army should first be a private and work himself up,
holding every
office. Then he can understand each of his men. A soldier always goes
through the training
before he get to the front lines. Sometimes the soldier wonders if he is
doing much good
when he is stationed off on some little island for several months. But
finally the battle
comes around that way. If he sees no action for awhile he is still in
service, and his
place is important.

Jesus was tempted in all points as we are. He knows just how we feel. He
went through
thirty years of preparation for the ministry.

If we are faithful in that which is little we will also be faithful in much.
If we are
not faithful in little we will also be unfaithful in much.

WHY DOES GOD NOT TRUST ME WITH A GREATER MINISTRY?
You want to do more for God? You can't understand why He does not use you in
a greater way?
First, the more you do for the Lord the more opposition you will receive.
Satan will
contest every move that you make. I know this is as a fact!! Some folk break
under the
smallest opposition, yet they want to do great things for God. You can't
stand criticism;
therefore the Lord can't bless you very much.

After the lame man was healed at the Gate called Beautiful, Peter was thrown
into prison.
Paul was thrown into jail because he cast the devils out of the fortune
teller girl.
After Lazarus was raised from the dead, the cold, cruel clergymen had Jesus
crucified, Matt 26:59.
Elijah called fire down from heaven and brought a nation-shaking revival,
then Jezebel
chased him into the wilderness until he wished he were dead. The more Moses
did for the
Lord the more people murmured and complained.

PERSECUTIONS FROM WITHIN
Opposition usually comes from our own people. Jesus' trouble came from His
own house. Job
did very well until his wife told him to curse God and die. Joseph's own
brethren sold him
into slavery.

FAITH COMES BY HEARING THE WORD OF GOD Romans 10:17
Faith comes by hearing God's voice with the inner ear. It changes the whole
person.
"This is My beloved Son. . .hear ye Him."
A deaf persons must hear with their inner ear before they hear with the
natural ear.
Abel heard with the Spiritual ear. By faith he offered a better sacrifice
than Cain.
Abraham heard with the inner ear and was counted one of the faithful. Noah
was moved by
faith as he heard with his inner ear. Read Hebrews eleven and see that all
those faith
heroes were moved by the inward Voice..

God and the devil say opposite things. Each day you are saying what one of
them says.
You can't agree with both of them. One contradicts the other. If you say
what God says
you have it according to His Word. If you say what the devil says that is
what you accept,
as a man speaketh in his heart so is he.

Nothing is so good or bad, but talking about it makes it more so. HIS
PROMISES are
stronger than the H bomb, stronger than the sun in its strength. They shine
brighter than
the starts in the darkest night. Heaven and earth may pass away, His Word
will remain
forever It breaks the rocks into pieces. His Word will never return void. It
will
accomplish that for which it is sent. His Word is as sure as summer follows
spring. As
sure as day follows night His Word is more sure!

If the Lord find you trusted with a small ministry and you prove faithful,
then He will
trust you with something greater.
You may be disappointed because cannot trust you with a greater ministry,
but God IS THE ONE WHO IS DISAPPOINTED.
It is hard to enslave Bible Readers

When you make peace with God, you make war with Satan

You may be the only Bible people will read

Just follow the crowd if you are going nowhere

Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and
ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in
Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

1 Thessalonians 1:5
For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in
the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we
were among you for your sake.

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Matthew 4:1
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted
of the devil.

Matthew 26:59
The chief priests and the whole Sanhedrin were looking for false evidence
against Jesus so that they could put him to death.

===
We are in the recruiting business for God. He is calling up His army.
If you have been called, this website
http://www.ordination.org/ordination.htm or on line
http://www.ordinationonLine.com
are the places to start enlisting.

Ministers for Christ Assembly of Churches
In His service,
Dr. J. Gardner
D...@ordination.org

http://www.ordination.org