Social distancing won't stop 'accelerating' coronavirus pandemic, WHO warns

Leroy N. Soetoro

Mar 23, 2020, 8:33:44 PM3/23/20
https://nypost.com/2020/03/23/social-distancing-wont-stop-accelerating-
coronavirus-pandemic-who-warns/

The coronavirus pandemic is “accelerating” across the world — and physical
distancing measures are not enough to stop the spread, the head of the
World Health Organization warned Monday.

“Asking people to stay at home and other physical distancing measures are
an important way to slow down the spread of the virus and buy time, but
they are defensive measures that won’t help us to win,” Director-General
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said at a press briefing.

Tedros said countries hit with the virus also need to implement tactics
such as isolating and caring for every confirmed case, as well as tracing
and quarantining all of the patient’s close contacts.

“To win, we need to attack the virus with aggressive and targeted
tactics,” he told reporters.

Tedros acknowledged that the infectious disease has spread rapidly to more
than 300,000 people in “almost every country in the world.”

“The pandemic is accelerating,” he said. “It took 67 days from the first
reported case to reach the first 100,000 cases, 11 days for the second
100,000 and just four days for the third 100,000.”

But he insisted that it’s not too late to stop the spread of the dangerous
bug, which first emerged in December.

“We are not prisoners to statistics,” he said. “We are not hopeless
bystanders. We can change the trajectory of this pandemic.”

truck.

of the Obama presidency.

queer liberal democrat donors.

President Trump has boosted the economy, reduced illegal immigration,
appointed dozens of judges and created jobs.

Senile loser and NAMBLA supporter Nancy Pelosi got "Trumped" on February
5, 2020. "President Trump, Not Guilty."