Jeep pauses ad with Bruce Springsteen after musician's DWI arrest goes public

Ubiquitous

Feb 11, 2021, 12:06:07 PM2/11/21
Jeep says it's "pausing" its Super Bowl ad starring musician Bruce
Springsteen after it became public on Wednesday that he'd been arrested
on drunken-driving charges late last year.

"It would be inappropriate for us to comment on the details of a matter
we have only read about and we cannot substantiate," a Jeep spokeswoman
said in a statement to CNBC. "But it's also right that we pause our Big
Game commercial until the actual facts can be established. Its message
of community and unity is as relevant as ever. As is the message that
drinking and driving can never be condoned."

The arrest was first reported Wednesday by TMZ and was confirmed in a
statement from the U.S. Department of the Interior. Springsteen was
accused of driving while intoxicated, reckless driving and consuming
alcohol in a closed area.

The news of the arrest came a few days after Springsteen had starred in
the two-minute ad from the Stellantis (formerly Fiat-Chrysler) brand.
The commercial urged Americans to come together and meet "in the
middle."

It's not clear whether the brand even planned to show the ad again on
TV, but it appeared to have been set private on its YouTube channel as
of Wednesday late afternoon. A spokeswoman for Jeep didn't immediately
say whether the brand had planned to air it again after the game. The
automaker has not typically re-aired Super Bowl ads that featured A-list
celebrities in the past decade.

--
Trump won.

BTR1701

Feb 11, 2021, 1:11:22 PM2/11/21
In article <s03o5u$pt8$6...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> Jeep says it's "pausing" its Super Bowl ad starring musician Bruce
> Springsteen

Why is it that corporate spokeholes seem constitutionally incapable of
speaking like normal people? Why can't they just say they're pulling the
ad or canceling the ad? They have to come up with some jargony buzzword
for everything.

trotsky

Feb 11, 2021, 2:36:12 PM2/11/21
And, queerly, the right wing is sucking at the teat of big business.
Why won't they listen to you, whoever the fuck you are? You don't even
have a fucking name.

FPP

Feb 11, 2021, 6:10:57 PM2/11/21
Sez the guy who uses more 'buzzwords' than almost anybody else.

--
Memoriam for the Turd Reich: "Truth isn't truth!" (Yes, it is.)*
"What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening."

* Under New Management -January 20, 2021

Mitchell Holman

Feb 12, 2021, 11:30:02 AM2/12/21
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote in news:H_adnbrV7ZMCzrj9nZ2dnUU7-W-
dn...@giganews.com:

> Jeep says it’s “pausing” its Super Bowl ad starring musician Bruce
DUI is "just a traffic offence"
when Bush and Cheney did it but now
it is a major crime when a popstar
does it?