20 years?

Dal

Nov 13, 2018, 7:14:55 PM11/13/18
Hello drunks...

I've just checked in on "Google" groups and seen a few posters this
year: Mister Cruise (Cruise?) Angrie.Woman (Angie?). Some drunken
postings from 2017 but from posters I don't recognise. Back to 2016:
Pedroman (Pedro?), angel...@gmail.com (Angie) & rob...@gmail.com
(Gonzo) 2008, extrem...@yahoo.co.uk (Jaz)

Me? I've been sober since 1999. As you will all know, but never
acknowledged on the Group, Leaf and Jaz where dishonest about things
that happened and I moved on (Oso called me MIA, thank you Oso). Well I
got on with my life and have had a good 20 years since the wonderful
days of abd (what ever happened to a.d.b.?) I've checked in with adb and
#adb over the years and enjoyed reading the diminishing the chat.

Why am I posting on adb again? The bottom line is my third wife (Leaf
was my second) died of cancer in September. I'm drinking again and am
checking to see what those who where big part of life from "back in the
day" are doing.

Just so many many people: Paddy, Darcy, Oso, Gonz (you still owe me a
ticket to the US), Red, Gail (force warnings), erc, JohnH, Scott (Spoon)
didn't he kill himself? where did I here that?, Griz, GregM, Sully,
Leibold, DaveK, MarkM, Tim, I can't remember you all

I'm not trying to reinvent what was, but look back, remember and enjoy
the past.

Thank you all for that wonderful few years.

Dal

leibold

Nov 15, 2018, 4:18:53 AM11/15/18
Am Mittwoch, 14. November 2018 01:14:55 UTC+1 schrieb Dal:
> Hello drunks...
> Just so many many people: Paddy, Darcy, Oso, Gonz (you still owe me a
> ticket to the US), Red, Gail (force warnings), erc, JohnH, Scott (Spoon)
> didn't he kill himself? where did I here that?, Griz, GregM, Sully,
> Leibold, DaveK, MarkM, Tim, I can't remember you all

Hi!

To be honest, I do not really remember you. Probably because I just started when you were already quitting. But I am very happy to see my name on your list.

Since I have a little son I barely drink. It is horrible when you have to get up in the middle of the night evena after just a few beers. But from time to time I just have to stop by that bar I have discovered not too far from my home. Although I now live in Catalonia they have Maisel Weizen - sweet taste of home and also of old a.d.b days. From time to time I think back and it always makes me smile.

Cheers
leibold

Mark

Nov 27, 2018, 8:48:20 PM11/27/18
On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 00:14:55 +0000, Dal <d...@wavertree4.net> wrote:
>Just so many many people: Paddy, Darcy, Oso, Gonz (you still owe me a
>ticket to the US), Red, Gail (force warnings), erc, JohnH, Scott (Spoon)
>didn't he kill himself? where did I here that?, Griz, GregM, Sully,
>Leibold, DaveK, MarkM, Tim, I can't remember you all

I'm still enjoying drinking, still living in Milwaukee... but now my
wife and I have five kids - all teenagers. That's all the more reason
to drink.

Mark Mathu

Nov 27, 2018, 9:10:25 PM11/27/18
On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 00:14:55 +0000, Dal <d...@wavertree4.net> wrote:

> Scott (Spoon) didn't he kill himself?

It wasn't suicide (at least not directly) ... it was "massive
gastrointestinal bleeding"

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/alt.drunken.bastards/spoon$20dead%7Csort:date/alt.drunken.bastards/mYSFXUB2coE/bhAs9TF7PCMJ
____
Mark M.

jkri...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2018, 10:42:51 AM12/5/18
Hey Dal, glad to see that you are still around and on this side of the grass. It's hard to believe that it's been like 23 years since we all met. I was thinking about how I was in London for a wedding, met up with you and Leaf (as you were prepping for your divorce), got drunk, and then decided to fly to the Isle of Man to visit Jimmy & Rob. Good times. :)

Jeremiah aka nippleboy

Richard Ferris

Mar 6, 2019, 10:16:09 PM3/6/19
I miss all you bastards.

- shizoor

Keltic_

May 20, 2020, 9:19:10 AM5/20/20
On Wednesday, 28 November 2018 13:10:25 UTC+11, Mark Mathu wrote:

> It wasn't suicide (at least not directly) ... it was "massive
> gastrointestinal bleeding"
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/alt.drunken.bastards/spoon$20dead%7Csort:date/alt.drunken.bastards/mYSFXUB2coE/bhAs9TF7PCMJ

Kinda sad that Dins has since bit the dust as well :(

Angrie.Woman

Nov 22, 2022, 4:14:28 AM11/22/22
Fuck I'm late. Usenet was better than Facebook.

Marco Moock

Nov 22, 2022, 5:50:03 AM11/22/22
Am 22.11.2022 um 01:14:27 Uhr schrieb Angrie.Woman:

> Fuck I'm late. Usenet was better than Facebook.

Isn't it still better?

Angrie.Woman

Aug 14, 2023, 12:39:19 AM8/14/23
I wish.

leibold

Aug 14, 2023, 3:06:57 PM8/14/23
No a.d.b. on facebook. So no use.

Jeremiah Kristal

Aug 16, 2023, 3:11:22 PM8/16/23
I can't believe this zombie conversation still exists. And Leibold isn't even a teenager anymore. I hate to think it, but I suspect that Leibold is in his 40s now.

TDFKANB (The Drunk Formerly Known As NippleBoy)

Angrie.Woman

Sep 29, 2023, 3:00:27 PM9/29/23
Topposting to piss everyone off.

Facebook would have booted us a long time ago.