War Stories pt II

Jeff Wise

Feb 23, 1993, 10:54:50 AM2/23/93
Well, I for one thoroughly enjoy all the "war stories" that have appeared
in over this thread, especially from the elder statespeople out there. So, in
effort to continue, here's a retreat story told to me from Limited Edition.

A few years ago, either in Alexandria or Winchester KY, Limited endured an
especially hot practice day. What made it unique was the their pet goldfish,
Imhoff, was inadvertently left in a cereal bowl of water in the sun on an
asphalt parking lot. Since the now-fried Imhoff had become an integral part of
most of the corps, a proper funeral was in order.

That night in retreat, Limited held a burial for Imhoff. Two cardboard
hot dog containers were fashioned into a casket and coffee stirrers as a cross.
With the help of a plastic spoon, the horn sergeant dug a hole in front of the
horn block. After a brief (and quiet) eulogy, Imhoff was covered. After which
Limited's DM came back and offered a proper salute, accompanied by the corps
being called to attention. To complete the ceremony, Limited proceeded to
leave the field to drum taps, in honor of their fallen comrade.

Personally, I would consider this a possible classic for retreat events,
and only wish I could have been their as a pall-bearer. Anyhow, what other
unusual and unique events have happened on retreat or elsewhere even???????

phelp...@iscsvax.uni.edu

Feb 23, 1993, 8:23:52 PM2/23/93
In article <1993Feb23....@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>, jw...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Jeff Wise) writes:
> A few years ago, either in Alexandria or Winchester KY, Limited endured an
> Since the now-fried Imhoff had become an integral part of
> most of the corps, a proper funeral was in order.
>
> That night in retreat, Limited held a burial for Imhoff. Two cardboard
> hot dog containers were fashioned into a casket and coffee stirrers as a cross.
> With the help of a plastic spoon, the horn sergeant dug a hole in front of the
> horn block. After a brief (and quiet) eulogy, Imhoff was covered. After which
> Limited's DM came back and offered a proper salute, accompanied by the corps
> being called to attention. To complete the ceremony, Limited proceeded to
> leave the field to drum taps, in honor of their fallen comrade.

Thanks for this tale! I've haven't laughed that hard for quite awhile!!
Definite classic!

Brooke

icem...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2013, 12:13:23 PM8/7/13