2022/11/28 Monday

Richard Silk

Nov 28, 2022, 2:27:59 PM11/28/22
(From 27/Sunday:) had a strange dream with a LOAD of "Déjà vu" within it:

The dreamer was in something like a closet (similar in the sense of the closet of my parents' master bedroom at 1103 Scottland) where the dreamer's attention was drawn up to the ceiling, to something of a type of "thing" (like an abnormality, inconsistency, blemish) in the surface of the ceiling (regular drywall material) that appeared *similar* to that of a small water sprinkler (although the actual construction of the structure that exists IRL has no such nozzle.)

The dreamer reached up and slightly "pushed" the "thing" (as if to dislodge some piece of dirt on the ceiling) only the "thing" dislodged completely, taking some of the surrounding ceiling material along with it! (It created something of a "crater" / hole in the ceiling material.)

While the dreamer was considering replacing the material (as if it were putty / clay) there appeared to be something written (typed? / printed) on a sheet of paper (around 8½"x11", although since the entirety of the sheet was covered by the remaining ceiling, it *could* have been legal paper of 8½"x14".)

The dream ended with the dreamer *wanting* to repair the ceiling (along with some slight curiosity as to the contents of the paper itself) although as the dream was ended, no such repair took place within the dream.

NOTE: it *is* possible that this scenario *may* be akin to the ebbing strength of my elderly (92-year-old) mother, and that paper *could* be related to her "last will and testament." However, such is just a "possible analogy" which I'm putting into this dream journal simply to "put it out there" as a possibility. Thus, the "clarity" could range from 7 (symbolic) to 9- (relatively clear.)

(From last night / this morning, the 28th):>

I had a *disturbing* dream that, while it wasn't too disturbing *during* the dream, was more disturbing *afterwards* while reviewing it in my mind this morning. (And note: it *may well be* "disturbing" to the reader as well!)

The dreamer was in a brief discussion (of perhaps a sentence or two?) with at least one other guy, possibly two or more, involving the dreamer's dog, who appeared *very much* like a red Irish Setter ("Becky") that I used to care for in my youth.

The discussion had something to do with the health of the dog, such that its condition presented a "threat" to either itself or to humans (not unlike the idea of "rabies," although I have no clear recollection of that word being used. To be clear, I have no clear recollection of *any* of the discussion regarding the dog's condition, other than what it led to, which is "disturbing" in itself, as otherwise, the dreamer "thought" the dog was otherwise "healthy"—)

The outcome of the discussion (or position / premise) was that the dog needed to be "put down," which the dreamer chose to attempt by using a shovel to "whack" the dog on the head. Please note that, IRL, using a sufficiently large, flat object to bonk a dog on the head *may well* result in that animal's nearly-immediate death, provided the strike is fast enough.

However, in the dream, the dog merely had a "change of attitude" of sorts, preferring instead to run from the dreamer, even though the dreamer had in mind to strike the dog's head again to complete the process.

It is interesting that A) the first strike did not even seem to phase the dog, other than to "change its perspective" so to speak, and that B) the dreamer had no desire (one way or the other) to help or to harm the dog.

It is for those two reasons (A and B) that I found the dream to be "disturbing" upon review.

IRL, it is *possible* that the dog simply represents an online person / entity with whom there has been a "difference of opinion" such that the person (a female, "HG") may "run away" rather than discuss or come to understand the issue. Such is yet to be seen.