Freakish experience this morning- paralysis, blindness

plateshutoverlock

Dec 1, 2021, 8:37:09 PM12/1/21
i dreamt i was sitting in a chair outside on a nice sunny day listening to the song "dial my heart" on my phone. I closed my eyes, opened them but I had went blind and I was slowly falling out of the chair, back tward the ground. Itried to yell for help but my voice was muted, low and distorted and I woke up in bed at night in my dark bedroom, same muted cry for help

Richard Silk

Dec 2, 2021, 11:09:13 AM12/2/21
On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 7:37:09 PM UTC-6, plateshutoverlock wrote:
> i dreamt i was sitting in a chair outside on a nice sunny day listening to the song "dial my heart" on my phone. I closed my eyes, opened them but I had [gone] blind and I was slowly falling out of the chair, back [toward] the ground. [I tried] to yell for help but my voice was muted, low and distorted and I woke up in bed at night in my dark bedroom, same muted cry for help

First thing, I'm pondering the term as if it reads: "plate shut over lock" but the possibilities are numerous, to say the least.

Second, I'm unfamiliar with the song "Dial My Heart" but if you happen to have a youtube link (you can copy / paste it here, but it may or may not be "active"— either way, the reader has the opportunity to copy/paste it into a browser window in order to sample the song, if it's a real song rather than a "dream title") I'd be interested in hearing it.

Third, this sounds VERY much like what some refer to as "night terrors" although I'm unable to recall ever having one of a terrifying nature, although I did once have a "return to body" that was tremendously interesting at that time. I suppose I was too fascinated by the event to be in any kind of terror, although I did relax and observe and wait to see if my breathing / heartbeat would return, and when, which they did, after which I figured that whatever had happened was not likely to immediately re-occur, so life continued on from that point.

The general description of it is that the dreaming "soul/spirit/mind/entity" was returning to the physical body, but that the physical body was "awake" just enough *prior to* "full reintegration" that the "terror" ensued. It is perfectly normal for a sleeping, physical body to reach such a calm level that the mind / dream-self is "free" to be in its natural, "timeless" environment. There's a LOT to discuss / teach / learn here, but for a pointer, consider doing some online research on "return to body" as well as "astral body projection" (also called an "OOBE") or "out of body experiences".

Welcome to the world of dreams! |-) zzzzz

Richard Silk

Dec 7, 2021, 11:38:35 AM12/7/21
On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 10:09:13 AM UTC-6, Richard Silk wrote:
<snip>
> First thing, I'm pondering the term as if it reads: "plate shut over lock" but the possibilities are numerous, to say the least.

I'm reviewing this post on the 7th of December, finding I have no recollection of what the phrase "plate shut over lock" is even remotely associated with, so just to note there is no recollection, in case someone is inclined to ask later.

Richard Silk

Dec 7, 2021, 11:39:50 AM12/7/21
On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 10:38:35 AM UTC-6, Richard Silk wrote:
> On Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 10:09:13 AM UTC-6, Richard Silk wrote:
> <snip>
Ahh: I see now: "plate shut over lock" is a reference to an attempted interpretation of the poster's alias.