2022/10/15 Saturday — "THE" Anniversary

Richard Silk

Oct 15, 2022, 1:04:15 PM10/15/22
"THE" Anniversary:

42 years ago (this evening) was the night I visited Gina Leigh White in her dorm room on the 7th floor of Corlew Hall (High Rise West) at MTSU and unexpectedly changed the overall course of my life. It was the night I made a silent prayer thanking God for the woman who would bear my children. Little did I know how *that* would turn out. (Perhaps I should've been more specific?) IRL, things went all *sorts* of "sideways" the next day, Friday the 16th, 1981.

In 1991, I somehow managed to impregnate a *different* female (HBHS) born on this date (10/15) in 1960, who'd had a tubal ligation some 10 years previously. On January 8th of '92, she (Helen) gave birth to my son Charles Joseph Howard Silk.

In 2006, on 9/23, another woman (JAT) *also* born on this date (10/15) in 1987, gave birth to my son, Logan Grant Vining Silk. (Two more children, Logan Grant Thomson Silk and Alyssa Faith Silk, would be born in Feb '08 and Jan '09.)

So those are some of the "real life" factors in my life.

As to the dreams from last night/this morning, well, those are "up for debate" (discussion, at least):

The group meal:

There was a kind of banquet hall, only more like a utilitarian large room being used to serve food. There was a clear serving dish, about 13x9x2 (3 QT, although possibly smaller) that had what looked like (literally) half of its contents still in the dish, in the form of a rectangular block of caramel-looking flan (I think that's what you call it.) The dreamer had a "desire" of the type of [I'd really like to take that home, even though I feel like it's not my contribution to the pot luck] when someone (like a lady from the event? maybe in her 30s/40s?) handed the dish to "me" (the dreamer) as if to say [Here, take it] (per Matthew 7:7.) The dream ended as the dreamer was walking off with the dish of flan-like food. Clarity 9-

The next dream was like a journey of sorts along East Main Street in Murfreesboro, although the street in the dream appeared and felt more like a block north of Main, possibly E. College Street, only it had the economic feel to it of E. Vine Street, something like [on the other (south) side of the tracks] except in the Murfreesboro analogy, E. Vine is on the south side of E. Main. So the dreamer *felt* like the northern street, but it *appeared* similar to the southern street (IRL) with *all* the streets (both IRL *and* in the dream) running east-west.

At any rate, the dreamer was traveling along, looking at what seemed like familiar, older buildings, especially one that looked like it may have been a person's (white siding) home also being used as a small, likely unlicensed, neighborhood barber shop / beauty salon for the locals, near what would analogously (used to) be S. TN Blvd. IRL.

The dreamer kept on heading west (toward the center of town) where another building was encountered, only this one was like a larger business. At this point the dreamer began "floating" / flying around the interior of the building, as if to get a "bird's-eye view" from above. At one point, if I recall the dream correctly (there's been *some* amount of evaporation as this was *before* 6:30 AM waking time) the dreamer even may have been skirting *above* the topside of the building, seeking a way back *in* to the building, whereupon the dreamer was again floating about the inside of a room / corridor when a guy in about his mid-30s to mid-40s came walking along the hallway / floor, and the dreamer had to pull a quick hop _∩_ over the guy's head and back down, as if water were simply flowing over a rock in a stream (although with a tad bit more clearance.)

From this point, the dreamer was as if aware of a train (like an El or subway, or even an airport shuttle) just to the north of where the dreamer was located, as if the building itself may have also served as something akin to a bus terminal.

The dreamer made it *into* a "car" and the thing *took off!* Not *exactly* flying as one might in a 3-dimensional-travel craft, like an airplane, but perhaps the fastest the dreamer has ever been before on the inside of a vehicle within a land-based dream! ("Land-based" as in near-surface, say, under roof-top level of single-story homes. There has been at least one, perhaps two dreams I can recall wherein super-speeds were involved.) As the (train) car / vehicle was traveling northward, it's altitude relative to the outside terrain was *barely* above the tree tops. In fact, it may have actually been traveling *upon* the tree tops in some sense, as the ride was *not* perfectly smooth, but instead "bumpy" as if one were sliding at around 80–100 mph over the tops of the trees. The vibration was *noticeable,* though *nowhere near* as loud as going down the interstate in a Dodge/Jeep with a removable type top— the dream-ride was *possibly* as loud as a stagecoach in the old west, but much, *much* faster.

And while the dreamer was slightly fascinated by the speed and experience and so forth, the dream simply ended, seemingly with no resolution.

I got up (IRL) and let the dog out for a brief stretch, then returned back to bed, primarily for the purpose of considering how to plan the rest of my day, but soon dropped right back off into sleep.

The next scene/sequence involved the dreamer examining a room (house?) full of "stuff." IRL, one of my domestic partners once observed aloud how I always referred to her junk *as* "junk" and my stuff as "stuff"— Well, that was fairly accurate observation, all-in-all, but to continue: There was this sense within the dream that the contents of the room/abode needed to be "moved out" for whatever reason, with that very dreadful, *empty* feeling of having to completely move one's residence / relocate, without any sense of "moving up" or "into" something of equal or better status.

The dreamer had one hand/armful of stuff, and exited the building, where there was a sense of "How am I going to get all of this into [this limited size] vehicle?"

At any rate, there was some travel involved in the next "scene," as if the dreamer was going along a narrow path (maybe 2' wide?) under construction, apparently at an elevated level alongside a lower, wider, flat-level type sidewalk of more recognizable, contemporary construction, like a typical, concrete sidewalk, maybe 3½–4' wide, laid out with those weather-gap lines every 4', which ran alongside what may have been a road but was mostly observed to be a canyon / ditch of sorts, on the other side of which appeared to be a row of storage units, like the kind you drive up to on the outside, with a roll-down, metal door that one normally keeps locked.

The "path" the dreamer was following was as if it were made of concrete over soil, as if in preparation of a small, narrow-width steam roller to flatten it all out rather than using traditional smoothing techniques typically used in pouring concrete. At one point, it was *as if* the dreamer were rolling along on a kind of roller, sort of like what (wall) paper-hangers use to smooth out bubbles while hanging paper. But the mass of the dreamer and the roller was "light" so that it simply bumped along, rather than pressing anything level.

There were two guys positioned as if working on the left and right borders of the sidewalk, when the dreamer (on a roller?) came "rolling along" and while there would normally have been concern regarding something along the lines of "don't go there!" instead, the dreamer (and roller) just "hopped" over the section where the guys were [working?] and kept on going. There was a sense as if an idea in the wake of a passing boat akin to [all is well.] (NOTE: I have a *sense* this part is analogous with my "admin role" in the cyberspace, DiscussingJesus.Quora.com and that the two guys may have been either moderators *or* contributors *or* simply two people having a discussion "along the way," so to speak. This would appear to track with the "hop" made in the earlier dream, as if the guy in the hallway may have been an admin of another space within Quora.)

At any rate, the dreamer came *back* along what seemed like the *other* side of the canyon (which was *maybe* two car lanes wide, give or take a few feet) to what seemed like the row of storage units, only one of the locations where there *should* have been a door was instead an open space, and the area within that space was darkened, as if the sun were overhead and the insides of the area were in shadow.

Inside that darkened area was what seemed like a barn stall wall, behind which appeared to be some kind of livestock type animal(s) looking much like a cross between an ox and a bull and a deer, somewhat gray in color (not easy to see inside that darkness) with something like a cow's muzzle (but narrower, like an elk or deer) poking out, as if to "sniff" the dreamer. There was a sense of that critter being in that stall possibly to protect passers-by as well as the animal, from that "bull-like" quality of the animal.

The dreamer kept on to the very next space, which again lacked a door, but instead was an open area like the inside (central aisle) floor of a barn, but without stalls, and there was this *nice* filly there, with a slightly roughened coat, brown/roan in color, with an inquisitive yet pensive attitude, much like [have you got a carrot?] but also [one false move and I'm outta here!]

The dreamer offered [his?] hand, palm down, that the filly might "sniff" the dreamer. That seems to be the way of making friends in the animal world, at least. NOTE: I *could* make an analogy as to how this more "open space" is like the cyberspace "Discussing Jesus" in relation to how "private" groups are like the storage units with their doors down. The darker area with stall walls seemed more "controlling" by comparison. Clarity 9¼ :-)

Richard Silk

Oct 18, 2022, 4:22:41 PM10/18/22
Dream before waking: dreamer is in what appears to be a large room full of water with a glass wall on at least one side, not unlike a water critter inside an aquarium. There is a type of "split perspective" for only the briefest of moments (even in "dream time"!) wherein it was as if the dreamer were approaching the room/area/tank from the outside, yet the next moment was *inside* the tank, looking out through the glass wall.

A (relatively) *very* large index finger began tapping downward (from above) upon the glass, as if the dreamer's perspective was that of something very small, looking at something that was simply human-sized but looked large (gigantic) by comparison (there used to be IRL a TV series back in 1968–70 called "Land of the Giants"— imdb.com/title/tt0062578 .) Clarity 9+, curious though it was :-)

This was immediately followed by the dreamer (that would be "the physical me" in this case) waking up, and the first thing I did (as this was after sunrise) was to get up to let the dog out on my way to the "restroom" to relieve my bladder.

So while this was apparently a "biologically induced" type of dream, it does add credence to the concept that any dreamer (in the dream world) is simply "the mind" traveling "free of the body" until such time as it returns *to* the body at waking.

A few other dreams, not in any particular order, but I *think* this may have been how they were sequenced:

The location: The dreamer is seeking a place to shower, yet is located within a kitchen-like area of what appears to be a "small" apartment (of the size typically rented to single college students.) There are several seconds within the kitchen area, wherein the dreamer is actually trying to visualize / work out *how* to take a shower in that room. There was also a female standing along a counter, who puts me in mind of *possibly* being Sandy$, someone with whom there is some back & forth discussion within the small area of cyberspace referred to as "alt.dreams"— All I can say about the female in the dream is that she appeared "middle aged" (being anywhere from 25 to 40?) with blondish-brownish hair of maybe shoulder length. (She was not obese by any stretch of the imagination! Not even "chubby.") That clip ended without any type of successful resolution, clarity 9.

The travel: The dreamer is driving a vehicle (such as a car) in what feels like a highway, similar in feel to somewhere in Middle Tennessee, yet other than "nearby" where I live, as if traveling to a somewhat distant city or town (what would take a full day or more in the days of the horse & buggy.) The dreamer feels as if there is an actual destination, but the route is vague, rather than *specifically known* / understood, and because of this, the dreamer is actually seeking a GPS type method in order to get a route "laid in" by which one might follow easily in order to get to the destination. However, the dream ends while the dreamer is sifting through the idea of a GPS device. Clarity 9.

The journey: The dreamer sees a kind of line / cable, as if lowered from above, not unlike that which might be used in a rescue helicopter, except that there is no viewable object above in the skies. In fact, the total atmosphere of the dream is simply soft blue in nature, neither dark nor bright, neither deep (like a royal blue) nor shallow (like a robin's egg) but simply "blue". (Could possibly be analogous to "the mental plane.")

The cable (which was more like a rod, actually, as in that of an inflexible, unbreakable dark/black-type substance) has on it what looks like barbs, with a whitish appearance around their edges (I'm thinking this is a matter of contrast rather than any intensely focused, specific meaning, although the "barbs," of which there may have been 3 of them, were arranged like this: ====»»» except pointing downward, ⇓.)

There is a brief moment of concern, that this rod seems to be sent to "snag" the dreamer, much like one might gaff a fish, and there is also the concern that such a gaff would likely be "painful," yet there is no pain whatsoever. In fact, there's really no "feeling" to speak of, either. Merely the consequence that the dreamer is then being "transported" (as if through the mental plane) toward a left (or west) direction (assuming that up or forward would be akin to "north.") There was neither any feeling of "flying" *nor* of being carried, although it certainly *seemed* as if the dreamer were being "transported" / carried / moved in some way. It was a "weight-neutral" situation.

The dreamer was (perhaps understandably) curious as to where this form of transport may have been leading, but after a few moments, the dream / event simply ended, clarity 9- (as there was virtually no other detail other than the dark rod/cable from above) although I have an impression that it was, in some way, a means of "getting me to where I wanted, needed or asked to be," although nothing was memorably communicated along those lines. (There may have been *something* said to the dreamer which is why the dreamer "allowed" attachment with the gaff in the first place, but nothing is actively recalled as of this writing.)

I'm fairly certain the fishbowl dream before waking followed next (see first dream journaled in this post.)

Richard Silk

Oct 19, 2022, 11:00:26 AM10/19/22
I'd like to mention a dream I had earlier this past month, but *probably* did *not* post because it seemed so unusual / unlikely to have a correlation in the waking world:

The dreamer was "peeing like a Russian racehorse," or as some folk say, "like a gorilla." The "flow" was powerful enough to likely clean the rust stains off the inside of a toilet bowl. (I used to do something similar in my early youth, regarding the average crud that sometimes accumulated on the inside water line of the bowl.)

If I did not post on this dream, I apologize, as it just seemed like a rather unusual dream that was not likely to ever have any actual resolution become known in the waking world, as I'm 61 and typically get up to pee once during the night and several times during the day, slightly moreso than one might expect as "normal," and I've been keeping a kind of "watch" over my kidney/bladder/prostate relationship for the past year, just to be "on the lookout" for signs of any major warning signs. And while the "normally evident sign" of an enlarged prostate has been noticeable for more than a few years, if not a decade, I thought this was all likely just a sign of age.

Oops! "My bad!" Turns out "age" is just a sign of "health," or lack thereof, with respect to *lack of* proper nutritional intake.

This morning, while perusing my (Droid / Samsung) tablet (it's like a smartphone but without any telephone doo-dads) I was led to watch one of those insidiously long infomercial videos which do not allow rewinding. I sometimes watch these types of nearly unbearable / unbearably long promotionals just to get tips on what I can change about my diet without actually buying the product. And while this technique has generally proven useful in the past, I was drawn to actually buy a single bottle of the product as a "test case," to see what observable effect (if any) there might be.

The reason I mention this infomercial is because the product name it was advertising is "Gorilla Flow" and is for the purpose of reversing the body's intake of (basically) aromatase (which is basically inflammatory to the prostate) via (basically) phytosterols. The idea being that this product *should* reverse inflammation of the prostate and thus return the male bladder (and other) function to that of the young, healthy male.

I suspect my being susceptible to actually buying a product (via Amazon) may have been largely in part due to that earlier dream regarding the Russian Racehorse phenomenon.

It will be interesting to see if there is anything worth mentioning in a later post.

Richard Silk

Oct 19, 2022, 12:02:42 PM10/19/22
The Pickpocket:
The dreamer was walking along, noting someone tickling at the dreamer's back left pocket. (Well, IRL, I don't carry a wallet in my back pockets, so it's understandable that the pickpocket was understandably perplexed at not finding anything there.) The dreamer reached out with his left hand grabbed the skinny-looking dude by his right sleeve, and began calling loudly for "SECURITY! SECURITY!" hoping someone from the mall area in which this scene was occurring would show up.

As a moment went by and no one appeared, the dreamer spun around to face the suspect, reaching around with the right hand, in order to effectively grip the suspect *very* firmly by the throat, in what was a locking-type squeeze, but not so as to break anything, nor to cut off air, but to effectively *hold* the suspect firmly in place.

The dreamer asked seriously: "Are you a queer or something?" (so as to give the suspect an opportunity as to explain the tickling of the dreamer's pocket without having to admit to an attempted crime.)

"I am now," came the suspect's reply, so the dreamer released him and walked away, content that the suspect had basically "sentenced himself" by his own words.

That dream ended with a clarity of 9, although the strength that was coursing through the dreamer's hands was a bit more than I may have in real life, which (in lieu of the Russian Racehorse scenario posted right before this one) may *possibly* link this dream with the online research I was conducting in order to buy a bottle of "Gorilla Flow". The first bottle I'd spotted was over $60, but the one I found on Amazon was barely over $40. Is there a connection between the dream and the purchase? Questionable, but I can "sense" it as "possible."

Spotting Charles:
The dreamer (in this case, likely myself) spotted a young man, around his 20s(? who appeared very much like my son, Charles) walking outside (in an area similar to a university / campus) toward a building similar to a library.

"Charles" spotted the dreamer and began to walk faster toward the entrance of the building, as if to seek shelter / safety for some unknown reason. The dreamer felt a tiny element of fear involved, as if either Charles was afraid of the dreamer, or the dreamer was afraid of Charles, but in any case, the dreamer only wanted to have a "heart to heart conversation" with Charles.

As Charles made it inside the building, he turned to face the dreamer, but in so doing, "faded back" into the presence of an older male in a wheel chair, who (after waking and thinking on this a bit) reminded me slightly of myself in the form of how I saw my mother's father in the last page of his life. The "old man in the wheelchair" had a reddish aura with white contrast, as if someone had printed a stamp (for an envelope) using only red ink on white paper. It may be that, analogously, (the dream form of) Charles was aligning with his own maternal side. To be brutally logical about it, the red may indicate hatred, such as Gina's hatred of Helen (Charles' mother) so that any direct linkage with Charles is contrary to developing any relationship with Gina— It's *very* much like how Sarah had Abraham send Hagar and Ishmael away from Abraham, Sarah and Isaac, in order to ensure Isaac's safety— End of dream, clarity 9+.

The cat & mouse scenario:
The dreamer was in a location similar to an outdoor pavilion, of the type where there are a very few walls, at least 2 stories high, with stairs/balconies, overlooks, etc., with a rather "spacious" feel in the inside area as well as the outside (much like an outdoor theater!) to which the inner pavilion was open so as to notice the outside to be a "mildly sunny day" / no rain, no signs of extreme hot or cold, just "mildly sunny," with no sense of being overcast nor misty, either.

There was a sense as if the dreamer were, in fact, targeting someone, much as an "asset" may be "tasked to neutralize" a target (this may have been a consequence of watching all 3 Jason Bourne movies within 4 or 5 days last week.)

While there was some movement between area A and area B of the overall inside area of the pavilion, akin to going from a catwalk along stage right down to the level of stage right to stage left, there was one segment of one scene wherein the dreamer was positioned as if to drop a heavy weight (much like the form of a cross!) as if like a counter-balance used in a theater for the raising and lowering of backdrop scenery / curtains. The sensed objective was to drop the cross-weight-bag onto someone below, although it would've been attached to a rope & pulley in a catwalk above, so there was no sense of a dropped weight actually terminating anyone or anything below, although it did seem to draw some attention somehow, which led the dreamer to exit the area directly from upstage left, outside (audience right) with a sense of [walking casually so as to *not* draw anyone's attention to a person fleeing on foot.] Clarity 9-, as there was no clear sense of who or what the target / objective may have been, although this *may* be linked in some way as to my method of "sharing the Gospel" in Quora.com —specifically, DiscussingJesus.Quora.com — which may be seen by some as analogous to "dropping logic bombs" into the middle of a conversation.

A very brief example:
—The atheist view of "there is no god" sets the value of "g=0" which reflects the logically FALSE condition.
—The theist view that "God *exists* — There *is* a God" sets the value of "G=1" which is a logically TRUE expression.
—"Love thine enemies" (the teaching of Jesus, from Matthew 5:44) may be depicted symbolically in binary form as [1❤️0] which reveals the *essence* of *all* existence ✞