2021/12/20 Monday

Richard Silk

Dec 20, 2021, 10:09:55 AM12/20/21
8:11 12/20/2021

Some "unusual" stuff (as usual):
"I" (the dreamer) was walking along with some other folk akin to some of my high school classmates. Only from the conscious waking perspective, I can tell you that one of them was a *somewhat* close friend, Alan McG, who I discovered earlier this month had passed away (sometime previously.) It's *POSSIBLE* that I'd learned of this some time back, but the news may not have "registered properly" in my semi-addled brain. "Reality" aside, I was walking along with him and two or three others, when I felt it would be simply easier to *float* / glide beside them. This makes about the 2nd or 3rd recent "floating" dream, and it's getting about as common (or more common) than "walking" in a dream. Alan seemed somewhat impressed at this floating bit, but I do not recall any actual comments, although *something* was said about it. Clarity 8.

There was another scene with a similar "feel" to it, but with a "business/legal" type attitude rather than a friendly walk. Although this *may* have been spawned by having watched "BULL" on DVR last night, there's no "feel" as if connected. There was this one guy who seemed *kind* of like a prosecutor but *may* have simply been an attorney. There was something *written* on a document that looked as if someone had been trying to hand write over a passage so as to bolden its appearance, but was on the borderline of merely making it sloppy. And while the dreamer could read it in the dream, it evaporated moments after waking. Also clarity 8.

In another "scene"/"vision," the dreamer saw a two-level air filter (like the one in the hall closet that takes up the lower half of the closet space) with one air filter above the lower, creating something akin to a 28"x56" coverage area (numbers ROUGH rather than even close to approximate!) The thing about it was the upper vent was *caked* with dust. The dreamer had this desire to get a vacuum hose and simply clean the dust. The lower vent appeared relatively clean by comparison, which struck the dreamer as curious, as they should've been *close* to the same level of use / cleanliness / dirt. Quite possibly clarity 7.

In another "symbolic" type dream, there was a LINE of people (maybe a dozen or more) all wearing white outfits (possibly saints? possibly white blood cells?) all going into a tunnel, practically single file. The camera perspective was as if halfway alongside the exterior of the tunnel/tube, looking forward, but to the *rear* / entrance of the tube, thus, the "other end" of the tunnel was behind the camera perspective's left. "I" (the dreamer) may have said something to one of them, but that conversation has evaporated, along with some curious detail regarding something being held by someone. The view pulled back to see the "exit" side of the tube/tunnel, only to see a view of something akin to a heating/AC duct, and there was some effort to "adjust" an end of the tube for the purpose of making it a tad more "rounded" rather than forming an "edged over" at one point. Imagine a circle o with a dot around the 5:30 position, then trying to massage that dot so that rather than overlap, it's a perfectly mated edge. Then there was *another* view of the end of a tube, only this one looked like someone had "crushed/crimped" part of the end. Imagine something like a metalic version of a garden hose, something like a copper tube used in the manufacturing of a heat pump, where the end is NOT open / perfectly round / unobstructed. I keep getting this "idea" in my head that it's akin to the damaged end of the blood vessel in my brain that caused the stroke back in August of 2013. It would be "interesting" to say the least if it could be "dream repaired" leading to a "miraculous healing" in real life, but that's just a thought at this point.

This one dream near the point of waking involved the dreamer sitting as if in a discussion panel, as if at a set of tables set up for a meeting, making some type of binary gender specific comment, at which another member of the group (appearing female) made a reference of correction, as if the dreamer had said something to "offend" a transgender individual sitting on the edge of the discussion. The dreamer "turned" the view to the left rear, and sure enough, there was this individual sitting along the side of the room, not actually "at the table" yet still listening to the discussion. The dreamer got a bit stern in stating that, while there are ONLY TWO genders in a binary system, it behooves no one to cater to the confusion of the confused. Sorry I can't "consciously" recall exactly what was said in the dream, but that's a pretty close approximation, and apparently the intensity of the dreamer's position was enough to end the dream / caused me to awaken. Clarity 8. NOTE: Looking into the face / eyes of that confused individual was interesting. There was no "light of reason" within the entity that felt coherent enough to reasonably engage in the conversation.

9:08 12/20/2021

Richard Silk

Dec 20, 2021, 11:59:13 AM12/20/21
So I went *back* to bed after writing all that down, mostly because I felt too tired to even think of staying awake. And of course, I had more dreams. I would've thought they'd all be memorable, but the only one that even remotely came back to mind was the last one before waking, wherein "I" (the dreamer) was looking at a page of comics from the newspaper, where there was a brand new strip on display, "TWINGE"— located on the right side, just above the fold, about where "ZITS" is located IRL. I didn't get to read the strip, but I WAS curious as to which strip it had replaced! As I awoke from this, I remember trying to remember what had gone there *before*, and the one that came to mind was "For Better or for Worse" which is a Canadian serial about the (young) family of a dentist, also "Arlo and Janice" which is about a somewhat young couple but with kids and grand kids. The point is that I was planning on going to look at a previous day's comics page in order to determine precisely which strip had been replaced. I'd say that puts it at a clarity 9+ as it had me certain to go look, until I remembered it was a dream.

There was also this other snip I had from *before* 9 AM (the previous post) that involved a very short blip / clip / snip view of my son, Charles, as a young boy, perhaps under the age of 5, possibly under the age of 4. Although I had no idea what the scene / image / vision was supposed to represent, he *was* smiling / full of joy as young children typically tend to be. THAT one made me want to give him a hug, but of course, he turns 30 this next month. Hmmmm....