2021-10-02 Saturday

Richard Silk

Oct 2, 2021, 2:07:41 PM10/2/21
I had a kind of dream experience 2 nights ago, involving what seemed like being in an area very much like a bayou: a water-area but the water was very greenish, although there seemed to be a building of sorts in the center of it, and that center building area seemed to be "normal" with respect to an activity area of some sort. Clarity 8-.

There was also a dream sequence regarding a small (severed) bull's head, with horns, as if it had been hollowed out, and it was used sort of like a hood ornament, only not for an automobile, but rather on the center handlebars of a bicycle. (Clarity 7+?)

LAST NIGHT / evening, Mom's primary care physician stopped by on his way home from work (I'd been phoning his office for a few days to cajole / nudge him into this) and we FINALLY have hospice ordered for Mom (YAY!) I have a slight hunch that the real-life "slog through the swamp" was something represented in that green-water dream. Mom's hospice initial contact visit occurs in about an hour.

Last night's dreams, well, nothing really comes to mind at the moment, and I have other things to do, so until later....

Richard Silk

Oct 2, 2021, 10:30:40 PM10/2/21
So just an update: I had perhaps one of the "busiest" days I've had in a while today. Along with all that business came the initial interview with the Hospice folk regarding my mom's health. During that chat, it became known that she will eventually have access to level-of-comfort medications which caused this one dream from last night / this morning to just JUMP back to mind, involving the dreamer being taken into a kind of warehouse with glass-walled storage areas, just bin after bin of ultra-high quality medical marijuana that simply boggled the imagination. The dreamer was wondering how he was going to exit this area without the cartel folk bumping him off, but there was no sense of imminent threat within the dream.

It occurs to me that the dream was sort of a preview of what end-of-life medications are actually like.

Richard Silk

Oct 3, 2021, 11:17:30 AM10/3/21
9:48 10/3/2021 Had a slightly unusual dream late this morning, that there was something very much like a dragon fly near or about the north-wall living room couch. The dreamer had some type of fly swatter, more in the shape of a ping pong paddle, possibly a pad of paper, and used it to attempt to swat down the dragon fly. It was as if there was zero effect, as if the speed at which the wings moved could pivot perfectly in order to avoid the moving paper pad (or whatever the dreamer was holding in the right hand.) After 2 or 3 attempts to swat the fly, the dreamer simply looked AT the dragon fly, and observed something akin to a round, purple area, of perhaps 4" in diameter. It was circular, NOT globular. Very likely clarity 7, although if it were NOT some type of symbolic dream, it would be around an 8+ for sure √

Just as a point of notice, LAST night, around 9 PM or so, JAT phoned, crying that she just found out she's been pregnant for about 4 months. That was about all I heard when I told her, "My mom is dying. Gotta go." She was blubbering "Oh, I'm so sorry!" as I disconnected the call. COULD she have been represented as the dragon fly? Dunno. And JAT, if you EVER happen to read this, I am VERY sorry for having allowed a relationship to have ever developed beyond simple computer-fixer and client. I not only allowed your future to be influenced, but mine and a few others as well. It's not that I'm trying to be "rude" in remaining "apart" as much as I'm practicing adherence to the Lord's Prayer, "...and lead us NOT INTO temptation, but DELIVER US FROM evil." After all, if YOU are randomly trying to reconnect with me, then what's to prevent GINA from doing so? Nothing. As long as I avoid JAT, then marriage with GLW is a viable future.

There was another (earlier in the evening) dream regarding a vehicle, much like a car, where the dreamer was also the driver, left-hand American drive, in an area similar to an intersection where the vehicle is traveling from west to east, as the cross street is running north-south and is a more heavily traveled road (such as NW Broad St.) whereas the west-to-east travel was similar to being on Medical Center Pkwy where it crosses and becomes "Lokey." The interesting feature of the dream scene, however, is that the west side of MCPkwy was descending toward the intersection, and the east side of Lokey was ascending. In real life, this is very close to the actual case, just that it seemed a bit more amplified in the dream. The interesting bit about the car itself is that it had something like a literal, literate view-panel with writing on it, about where the speedometer and other dash instruments would normally be. It seemed to be giving some sort of readout on the acceleration / speed / motion of the vehicle, as if possibly calculating what the wheel spin would be for attempting to "burn rubber" on take off. Go figure? Clarity 9-

This other dream involved the dreamer arriving (by car?) at an area similar to a high school's football field practice (or general field use) area. The dreamer appeared to be looking for someone (a guy?) perhaps for the purpose of returning something (possibly the car?) and what happens there gets rather unclear (around clarity 6+) as all I can report on is the building nearby, which seemed to have a very high, brick, cylindrical wall. Walking around it, the dreamer noted that the wall directed anyone on foot into an alley, as there was a parallel, curving wall to the right, so that the dreamer was walking along a curved path, open to the sky / daylight, but there were no windows along the left (inner) wall, although there was an access hatch of some kind.

Inside the access (it was *dark*) there was a type of low shelf, possibly good for folks to sit along, but the only thing on the shelf were two, black caps with writing on them. Unfortunately, reading anything written in a dream is often VERY difficult, and so nothing was really retained regarding the writing on the caps, other than the *impression* that they may have been for some type of automotive garage. Either way, the dreamer put the cap back on the shelf with the other one, and left that scene / end of dream. No idea, other than IRL, the public schools are being transformed nationwide into little leftist hatcheries, molding the minds of children in unnatural ways. Sad. I can only pray for a conservative backlash to arise across the land, and Trump finds his way back into the White House. 10:15 10/3/2021

Richard Silk

Oct 3, 2021, 7:17:38 PM10/3/21
Just a curious follow-up to the Lokey / Broad Street intersection dream. I found myself actually driving back along that very route this evening "in real life" :-) Had to make a trip to the Bonefish Grille for a take-home order. Interesting. Also, the pesky dragonfly issue *may* have been related to the house alarm going off this afternoon when my brother-in-law and nephew came inside the back door unexpectedly. Just a possibility.

Richard Silk

Oct 3, 2021, 7:18:44 PM10/3/21
...Not that either of them qualify as a dragonfly or even a pest, but that the alarm was triggered *as if* a large dragonfly had tripped in internal motion sensor.