Before he met Jack Kerouac

He Who Sees All

Dec 11, 2023, 6:17:31 AM12/11/23
“I’ve got the dark, stark, long-nailed blues
I’ve got an old, black mood.

My heart’s a room with nasty news
Enough to make an angel brood.

I’ll take a long, deep raspy breath
And walk right down those railroad-ties.

But when I keep my date with death
He’ll find a straight look in my eyes!”

Max Bodenheim
NYC
1930

slider

Dec 11, 2023, 8:24:55 AM12/11/23
### - the road a poet treads is more exacting

for with clear eyes he walks between tragedy and triumph
between hope and despair, light and dark and accepts them all
even if, and as, it tears him apart in the process...

he "walks right down those railroad lines"
with life and death on either side...
all for just the occasional strawberry
that lingers in his now opened mind

slider

Dec 13, 2023, 8:33:10 AM12/13/23
On Mon, 11 Dec 2023 11:17:24 -0000, He Who Sees All
<theB...@cairo.ankh.io> wrote:

### - opening lines of Allen Ginsberg's 'Howl' (1954/55) 'After' he met
Jack Kerouac

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving
hysterical naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn
looking for an angry fix, angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient
heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night, who
poverty and tatters and hollow-eyed and high sat up smoking in the
supernatural darkness of cold-water flats floating across the tops of
cities contemplating jazz..."

chris rodgers

Dec 13, 2023, 12:07:26 PM12/13/23
> "I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving
> hysterical naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn
> looking for an angry fix, angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient
> heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night, who
> poverty and tatters and hollow-eyed and high sat up smoking in the
> supernatural darkness of cold-water flats floating across the tops of
> cities contemplating jazz..."

my next book " Scrounging for energy here boss"

slider

Dec 13, 2023, 1:53:53 PM12/13/23

> next book " Scrounging for energy here boss"

### - ain't been doin' your exercises?? (masculinity particularly)

next book: "scrounging (for) the scroungers" haha :D

He Who Sees All

Dec 15, 2023, 10:31:12 PM12/15/23
On Mon, 11 Dec 2023 13:24:45 -0000, slider <sli...@anashram.com>
wrote:
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don't even start.
This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even
your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could
mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean
derision. It could mean mockery--isolation. Isolation is the gift. All
the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want
to do it. And, you'll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And
it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you're going
to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will
be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will
ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there
is."

Charles Bukowski,
Factotum

Venus as a Boy