Outback adventure

Tyke

Sep 23, 2009, 7:26:05 PM9/23/09
Wahaaay!!

Snap decision to go for an Outback expedition.
Everyone is telling us how good it is in the more remote regions at this
time of year - due to the recent rains and it's not too hot.

Going up on Monday to Quorn,a small town.Stopping at the Austral Inn - looks
quite an authentic local pub.

http://www.flindersranges.com/bis/australinn.htm

Just having 3 nights up there.

Exploring the Flinders Ranges ,especially the area known as Wilpena
Pound,it's supposed to be rugged and spectacular.

It's a 7 hour drive up there so hope it's worth it!

--
Tyke

Quality furnished accommodation in Adelaide.
www.auseelife.com.au

Flyi�g �u� 2��9 + on netbook

Sep 24, 2009, 5:28:55 AM9/24/09
Tyke wrote:
> Wahaaay!!
>
> Snap decision to go for an Outback expedition.
> Everyone is telling us how good it is in the more remote regions at this
> time of year - due to the recent rains and it's not too hot.
>
> Going up on Monday to Quorn,a small town.Stopping at the Austral Inn -
> looks quite an authentic local pub.
>
> http://www.flindersranges.com/bis/australinn.htm
>
> Just having 3 nights up there.
>
> Exploring the Flinders Ranges ,especially the area known as Wilpena
> Pound,it's supposed to be rugged and spectacular.
>
> It's a 7 hour drive up there so hope it's worth it!

Enjoy! Will you be nipping up to Sydney to collect some of that topsoil
dust that's been deposited there and taking it back home then? ;)
--
Heard melodies are sweet, but those Unheard are sweeter
flyi...@tiscali.co.uk FN 2��9 +, Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland

tony bennett

Oct 2, 2009, 6:40:18 AM10/2/09
hahahahahahaha,
maybe you could go further north and bring back some jap tourists to stand
on the soil
:-)

Have fun Tyke

"Flyi�g �u� 2��9 + on netbook" <flyi...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

CSweely

Oct 3, 2009, 12:56:01 AM10/3/09
tony bennett wrote:

>hahahahahahaha,
>maybe you could go further north and bring back some jap tourists to stand
>on the soil
>:-)

Haha.. I was on Fitzroy Isle a few years back, and the Japanese
tourists powered in on a big tourist ship, moved in an orderly fashion
to the pool area, and then preceded to take pictures. They stayed for
a good few hours while capturing their memories, and then powered off
on the ship they had arrived on.

I'm sure there are many images reminding them of that wonderful island
where they had such fun posing.

Some impressive pictures of the dust storms -
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/09/dust_storm_in_australia.html
or
http://preview.tinyurl.com/lknomh

tony bennett