Knock knock

Janessa V.

Oct 14, 2021, 1:46:27 AM10/14/21
Hey, anyone alive out there? Want to get something rolling? Know anyone else who wants to get something rolling? I had a couple characters at the inn years back whose threads never really took off; I'd love to be able to revive them. Or start fresh. If anyone is interested, let me know, please.

Regards,
Nessa

Cathy Mosley

Oct 14, 2021, 5:10:13 PM10/14/21
Dear Nessa,
Hi! We're still around (rather like the ghosts of Halloween). I haven't given up on a return, but I now run my own business so getting writing in consistently is still a challenge. My recommendation is to start writing a solo plot. It may not be collaborative - yet. But it would be a start.

Sincerely,

Cathy

Janessa V.

Oct 14, 2021, 8:11:26 PM10/14/21
Hi, good to hear from you! Thanks for the advice, I'll see what I can come up with. Hope your business is doing well!

Nessa

Cathy Mosley

Oct 15, 2021, 7:43:02 PM10/15/21
Dear Nessa,

Thank you! If anyone had told me in my youth that I would be owning a social media marketing company at 64 years old I would have told them they were crazy, but that's what I've been doing now for over 10 years. I will try to get something written too. From past efforts at reviving the group, I am going to say that it seems like folks are out of practice on the collaborative part. Maybe if some of us simply write it will get things rolling again.

Sincerely,

Cathy

Janessa V.

Oct 17, 2021, 8:54:39 PM10/17/21
Dear Cathy,

That's really great that things are going so well for you! Many more happy returns! I agree, sometimes it just takes one or two people to jump in and make other people want to write. I'm actually getting over Covid right now, but I've been thinking about what kind of thread I would want to start. When I feel a little stronger I plan to start posting. Then if anyone else does want to jump in, I'm all for it. I love a good digression!

Warmest wishes,
Nessa

PS Apologies if this actually ends up posting twice; my phone is being weird.

Cathy Mosley

Oct 18, 2021, 8:00:20 PM10/18/21
Dear Nessa, '

I hope you feel better soon, and have a full recovery!

I will also be seeing what I can come up with.

Take Care.

Sincerely,

Cathy

711 Spooky Mart

Nov 9, 2021, 12:16:33 AM11/9/21
This newsgroup was recently mentioned in the Tildeverse in newsgroup
tilde.text.

https://tilde.club

--
──┏━━━━┓──┏━━┓───┏━━┓── ┌────────────────────────┐ ┌────────┐
──┗━━┓─┃──┗┓─┃───┗┓─┃── │ Spooky Mart [chan] 711 │ │ always │

Cathy Mosley

Nov 10, 2021, 1:27:18 AM11/10/21
Tried to see the reference. What was it about?

Johnatan Duck

Nov 14, 2021, 12:49:48 PM11/14/21
On 2021-11-10, Cathy Mosley <whitefoxs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tried to see the reference. What was it about?

I know the Tildeverse.
It's a group of Unix lovers who offer shell accounts,
Gopher/Gemini/HTTP hosting, IRC and more.

I've been before on the tildeverse NNTP. It does not
have the Usenet hierarchies. A nice and peaceful
place.

Cheers

Cathy Mosley

Nov 14, 2021, 7:41:34 PM11/14/21
Dear Johnstan,

Thank you for the information! That sounds like where Dragon's Inn began. Would it be worth setting something up there for a group?

Sincerely,

Cathy

711 Spooky Mart

Nov 15, 2021, 12:57:14 AM11/15/21
On 11/14/21 6:41 PM, Cathy Mosley wrote:
> Dear Johnstan,
>
> Thank you for the information! That sounds like where Dragon's Inn began. Would it be worth setting something up there for a group?

Yes, it would. Their local newsgroups access is fast and in my
experience has always "just worked." You can contact their admin via
https://tilde.club.

If you ask they _might_ even set up a private newsgroup for your
particular purpose(s). The worst they can do is say "no."

Lots of positive vibes resonate there. I like to check in now and again
even though I seldomly post.

Now I just recently became aware of Dragon's Inn. I know nothing about
it. Do you have an old FAQ or RFD you can re-post to educate me?

Cathy Mosley

Jan 5, 2023, 3:11:22 AM1/5/23
Hi Nessa!

I'm still around.