[Commentary on A Frozen Vesper]

The Scythe

Feb 4, 2018, 4:48:53 AM2/4/18
I want to talk about the story, but I don't want to interrupt it, so started this one.

Woooooooo!!!

What's the name of the obsidian item the Firebirds made when they died? Can you tell me more about it, so Finast can react appropriately?

Emails fine if you'd rather. I'm just on the site right now, and why not.

The Scythe

Feb 4, 2018, 4:56:36 AM2/4/18
More questions.

Should the impact site be:

In the trees? That would be epic, and preserve the farm for the future.

In the middle of the Farm? Lots of bodies would go flying and would disfigure the place pretty heavily.

On the farmhouse? Elspeth's parent were some of the first ones to have their souls eaten. Her cousins who lived farther away are going to show up to take her, so this wouldn't change that. But it would be pretty epic to have the firebirds crashing down into the farmhouse. And it would symbolize that this place it finished off.

I think the magical trauma of all these events taking place here is something I'll roll into any stories that talk about this place in the future, no matter which one we pick.

Taking advie from anyone who wants to make suggestions. I don't think I'll let it go past tomorrow though. I don't want to drag it out.

Janessa V.

Feb 5, 2018, 2:09:05 AM2/5/18
I envisioned their final flight as basically straight up and straight back down, but if you like the idea of them coming down on the farmhouse or somewhere else, that's fine. There doesn't necessarily have to be a huge amount of destruction, just a lot of heat, but if you want a little mayhem I'm cool with that, too. Details on the object are forthcoming via e-mail. :)

The Scythe

Feb 6, 2018, 1:36:06 AM2/6/18
Ok, straight up and down is fine. It'll be right there next to the trees, right in front of everyone.

I think everyone ought to get at least knocked over! If not blown back!

Wow!

Troshen

Mar 7, 2018, 12:58:05 AM3/7/18

I've had a thought. Our characters don't really get to talk directly to each other very much, and I think that's because we post to the Group directly. I think that if we also included some direct emails then we could get those face to face conversations.

Being that it's at the end, it seems weird to change things up, but there are some conversations that could be very cool to develop completely. So I may try a couple of those via email.

-Troshen