[Admin] Wave if you check the Dragons-Inn group.

The Scythe

Jan 25, 2012, 10:44:50 AM1/25/12
<wave> Hi there. There've been 91 views of the group since I checked
last, so I know you're out there. This is an invite to say hi. In
character or out of character - either way.

With so many other social sites that have a little roleplaying
element, I think it's fragmented the type of people that used to
sumble on the alt-dragons-inn newsgroup and join. So if you know of
other places and people who might like the kind of meeting and stories
that happen here, you might want to mention that too.

Robert

The Scythe

Jan 25, 2012, 10:45:35 AM1/25/12

The Scythe

Jan 25, 2012, 10:46:14 AM1/25/12

Joe Butler

Feb 9, 2012, 6:31:59 PM2/9/12
Hi. <wave> Another veteran of the good ol' days at the Inn here. Just
been going through old post from 15 and years ago. Man, it's crazy
that it's been that long already. I miss the days when the Inn was
full and there were a lot of threads running all the time. Those were
good times. If anyone is interested, I'd love to start writing again.
Let's try to get the Inn started up again. Anyway, just waving back
and saying hi.

Joe

The Scythe

Jun 29, 2013, 4:35:01 PM6/29/13
Neat!

I love that idea. Looks like it's been a while since you posted, but that's ok.

Man, 4 people posting here in the last 6 months? That's a recent record for the last few years!

I'll be posting soon.

Daima

Jan 5, 2014, 7:08:09 PM1/5/14
-waves- I haven't checked by in awhile, but out of the blue I had this overwhelming urge to, heh. I guess it boils down to the fact that I miss writing, heh, but I'm terrible at it alone, lol. Anyway... hello, hugs, and merry meet to those who wander by later ^_^

Eva (Xena)

Joe Butler

Jan 6, 2014, 9:37:56 PM1/6/14
Greetings! Been a while for me too but I saw your message and had to say hi back. I miss the old days of writing here when it was so busy and there were so many threads going on. I wish we could bring it back. I'd love to reconnect with the old gang and get back to writing. Lets being the Inn back to life. :)

Joe Butler

rjca...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2014, 12:04:47 PM1/7/14
The Scythe here.

Hi there to both of you. I feel that urge to reconnect here at the new year too.

Make a character post and let's have them meet up.

Robert

Eva

Jan 7, 2014, 7:10:16 PM1/7/14
Hiya Robert :)

I would love to try to write, but... I'm having the dickens of a time getting things to post. I'm actually flabbergasted the one from Jan 5th went through, the other four attempts I made actually bounced.

And I posted yesterday as well, and it has not shown up yet (or bounced back yet)... so I'm hoping it will go through. But then again.... And now with this one... lets see how many tries it takes LOL -que 48 hour wait....-

But yes, I'd love to write, but, perhaps there is a more ... modern... version? Equivalent? Taking this into a AltDragonsInn 2.0 way we could do this? That would be ducky ^_^ Either a forum or blog style might work, or we could just do old school email sharing :)

-glares determined at the computer gnomes who may attempt to foil this-
Attempt 1

Eva

Jan 7, 2014, 2:53:47 AM1/7/14
I'm also thrilled my post went through, tho I am perplexed why the others I posted have not.... hrrrm. Hopefully this one and it's former will make it through also!

=^-^=

Eva

Jan 7, 2014, 2:51:51 AM1/7/14
I'm so glad you did! I don't know if we'll ever get it quite to the state it was before, but I think it would be very awesome to get something going again. I've been sending out a variety of "Ping from the Past" emails to people, trying to find and reconnect with them... we'll see how it goes.

I also went a little nuts and tried to archive a thread for shits and giggles... we'll see how that goes.

There was a comment about the style of this being the proverbial cockroach after the nuclear war, which I find hilarious and sadly true >.>

I've been trying to think of the best way to attempt a alt.dragons-inn 2.0. Got any thoughts on it? Heh.

Eva =^_^=

(Who keeps singing her name tho these days her name is already posted for her.... gah... modern times... rotfl)

Boyd

Dec 18, 2014, 12:06:09 AM12/18/14
I hadn't realized the AD-I was now a Google group but I will be writing again. I surely missed the fun of it

Diamondscape

Jan 28, 2015, 9:46:01 PM1/28/15
Hi! I used to post to this group way back in '95-'97. I loved it! My character was Myst and her best friend was Tyal. Tyal has since had a book published (which is so cool!) called 'To Catch a Thief'. I bought it off Amazon but I don't know if he still sells them there. We went on many amazing adventures and I loved jumping into random stories and taking off. I have found you once again and it's great to see this group still alive! So, here's my *wave*.

Diamondscape

Jan 28, 2015, 9:48:30 PM1/28/15
I know what you mean! Let's get writing again. These were fun stories to jump in and out of. *Myst waving hello*

rjca...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2015, 3:41:43 PM4/28/15
Another wave hello.

Been off on some real life adventures.

This time there are some people's posts that are recent. Too cool.

Janis Nixon

Nov 13, 2015, 11:38:45 PM11/13/15
I've been watching for this to start up again. I loved being on Dragons-inn many, many ago and had great fun writing. I have three characters I'd like to launch, if this site stays up and running. I've missed it a lot.

Janis Nixon

Nov 15, 2015, 10:19:25 AM11/15/15
So how do we start? Do I simply post a thread and hope that others will join, or do I join one that is already in progress? I have three characters: Lycari, a shapeshifter, Akiahr, an alien and Rupert, a tea tray. Yes, a tea tray. All of my characters have been on other sites many years past and they were great fun!

ShadoJohn

Nov 20, 2015, 1:46:21 AM11/20/15
Your answer is "Yes", do either, do both. If you want to start a thread, go ahead. Be patient, things are slow here. Shapeshifters are common here, aliens not so much.

I for one, am a little puzzled about a sentient tea tray. I sentient sword I get, but a tea tray?

John DuPree

Lord Anthraxx

Jan 21, 2017, 7:57:20 PM1/21/17
back wave to you all. my life is still crazy, but things are under control at the moment.....glad to see some of the old timers still here.

The Scythe

Feb 24, 2018, 4:53:07 PM2/24/18

I'm going to have to reach out to the peeps who replied to this back in the day, and see if they want to write again.