NameZero Issues

Ian

Apr 22, 2003, 12:04:44 PM4/22/03
hey , don't know if ths the best group to post this MSG : but seems to
have some NameZero users...

any one what the fuck is wrong with it todya i have a site with them,
and it's kaput their site is gonsville so can't access my mail...
and to make it worst ,when I email them i get a error MSG and the
amils bounc back...

please tell me if anyone else is suffering this problm...

C-ya
Ian

Remco Suiker

Apr 22, 2003, 2:37:05 PM4/22/03

"Ian" schreef in bericht

hey , don't know if ths the best group to post this MSG : but seems to
have some NameZero users...

> please tell me if anyone else is suffering this problm...

Ian,

I suffer from the same problems, I try to call the support team but nobody
answers
the damm phone. It seems that all namezero members wil face some major
dificulty's

Keep me posted.

Remco Suiker

CvU

Apr 22, 2003, 6:02:16 PM4/22/03
I Also have problems today, even their own site is down. Are they
still on air or has somebody pulled the plug?
How can we contact those people there in the states, so I can call
them for a refund.

Carlo

Ian

Apr 22, 2003, 6:37:58 PM4/22/03
"Remco Suiker" <re...@district8.net> wrote in message news:<3ea58de9$0$49100$e4fe...@news.xs4all.nl>...

Hey Remco,
well I emailed them, seems that webmaster and info @ namezero.com
don't bounce back...
still cant access their site and it's 6.37 PM EST...
hope it works tomoorow and that the mail server will work !!

C-ya,
Ian
WWW.IANXXI.COM

O.R.

Apr 22, 2003, 6:57:34 PM4/22/03
An interesting post from last year:
"Chris Clark" who is supposed to be the Partner Program Director is
still there but he is not picking up the phone.
ccl...@dotster.com 360-253-2210 ext. 5918
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
From: David Ramalho (earth...@rogers.com)
Subject: Dotster, Inc. - Company Profile
Original Format
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.email
Date: 2002-06-15 06:32:36 PST

Good morning

The Washington State business registration information is useless.

Never-the-less from other sources.

Apr 22, 2003, 7:04:10 PM4/22/03
Just got the following from Namezero:

Subject
NameZero service down

Discussion Thread
Response (Linette) - 04/22/2003 03:58 PM
Hello,

We are aware of the problem and are working to get your services back up.
Our provider, that hosts, the Namezero.com DNS and webmail services are
experiencing technical difficulties. These problems began at 12 AM Pacific
Standard time and are still continuing. Our provider has assured us that
the NameZero site and our customer services will begin to work very soon.
During this outage, any mail that has been sent to you has been lost. We
are very sorry for this inconvenience. We will continue to work with our
provider so that your services can be restored shortly. Thank you for your
patience and understanding.

--
Jonathan
Woodbury Brewing Co.
"Ian" <the...@ubbi.com> wrote in message

Nonie Rambo

Apr 22, 2003, 7:19:24 PM4/22/03
Same here! I am about so enraged by now.
My domain is with them and my site is
now not accessible. I have also email
forwarding with them, which means, I can
not get my mail anymore. WHAT IS REALLY
HAPPENING HERE?!!!!ARE THEY STILL IN
BUSINESS?

I've searched the net for any news about
namezero but nothing. If they wanted
to go down, they should have informed their
users!

mcluna

Apr 22, 2003, 7:50:53 PM4/22/03
i just called namezero and they say their isp has a major technical
problem. That's why the site has been down for almost a day now...
they are working on it right now to get it fixed asap.
btw: namezero's new phone nr. (1)360-449-5901

Jonathan Royce

Apr 22, 2003, 8:36:21 PM4/22/03
My site's back up. Anyone know what the correct POP server is for Namezero?
I can't remember and I wiped mine out accidentally while trying to diagnose
some problems with my email forwarding.

TIA,

Jonathan
Woodbury Brewing Co.
www.woodburybrewingco.com

Michael Voytinsky

Apr 22, 2003, 10:05:24 PM4/22/03
the...@ubbi.com (Ian) wrote in message news:<8c736c78.03042...@posting.google.com>...

> hey , don't know if ths the best group to post this MSG : but seems to

> have some NameZero users...
>
> any one what the fuck is wrong with it todya i have a site with them,
> and it's kaput their site is gonsville so can't access my mail...

CAS Holdings - who also own dotster.com - bought namezero.

I found that if I go to dotster.com I can login using my namezero
account but I can not access webmail or anything.

Calling namezero support goes to the same line as dotster support - I
imagine they are busy dealing with many very angry (and justly so)
customers right at the moment - I got voicemail.

My guess is that they fucked up on the migration bigtime, but are not
kaput as such. I will bet a nickel it will be back within 12 hours.

Cheers

Ian

Apr 23, 2003, 11:38:49 AM4/23/03
iwontr...@hotmail.com (Michael Voytinsky) wrote in message news:<5648ac12.03042...@posting.google.com>...

well finally it's working...
I could log on to my site and namezero...
check out what they sayon the main page :

"Message to NameZero Customers: We apologize for the recent outage of
a portion of our website and forwarding services. There was a problem
at our main co-location facility which caused some of our services to
become inaccessible. All affected web and forwarding services have now
been restored. We do not anticipate any more outages due to the
problems experienced on April 22, 2003."

At least they are still in buisness, but 24 hours offline is terrible,
lost plenty of visits...

Ian
WWW.IANXXI.COM

markcham...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2012, 2:01:29 PM11/15/12
Yes I have domain mail only with them and for 2 days no mail. They don't know or don't want to tell me what happened but told me it would take 24 to 48 hrs to restore service.

Mark