Disney Actress Does Full-180 On "Snow White" After Backlash For Feminist Comments Criticizing Original

1 view

Ubiquitous

Dec 13, 2023, 8:04:50 AM12/13/23
Disney actress Rachel Zegler, a vocal left-wing activist, is singing a
different tune about the 1937 animated film “Snow White” amid backlash over
her past feminist complaints about the Disney classic — and after The Daily
Wire announced it is producing its own take on the timeless fairy tale.

During an interview for Variety with fellow Disney actress Halle Bailey,
Zegler gushed over the original “Snow White” as “a monumental moment in film
history.”

“The cartoon is so beloved — it’s like a monumental moment in film history.
It’s the first feature-length cartoon movie, to the point where it won
honorary Oscars, and all these amazing things that happened for that film are
the reason that you and I get to sit here today, because it made Disney what
it is,” Zegler told Bailey, who starred as Ariel in the live-action version
of Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”

The actress went on to veer away from her past comment, saying she “loves
everything the Disney company has put out” since its inception.

WATCH:

Rachel Zegler backtracks previous remarks and praises Disney's
animated Snow White film as "a monumental moment in film history"
pic.twitter.com/oKBhYZIwhP

— Daily Wire (@realDailyWire) December 11, 2023

Before the Variety interview, Zegler claimed she had only watched the
original “Snow White” once as a kid and found it off-putting. “I think I
watched it once and never picked it up again. I’m being so serious,” she
said.

The 22-year-old also made clear in past interviews that the new “Snow White”
flick will not need a man or “true love.”

“It’s no longer 1937, and we absolutely wrote a ‘Snow White’ — she’s not
going to be saved by a prince! And she’s not gonna be dreaming about true
love,” Zegler said. “She’ll be dreaming about becoming a leader she knows she
can be.”

In another example, the actress quipped that Disney could cut out all of
Prince Charming’s scenes from the remake, emphasizing how apparently
unimportant he is to the story. And perhaps most notably, Zegler said Prince
Charming in the original fairy tale “stalks” Snow White.

“I mean, you know, the original cartoon came out in 1937 and very evidently
so. There’s a big focus on her love story with a guy who literally stalks
her. Weird! Weird,” the actress said.

Zegler’s newfound praise for “Snow White” comes on the heels of The Daily
Wire/Bentkey’s announcement of its own live-action take on the beloved tale,
titled “Snow White and the Evil Queen,” which is set to be released in 2024
and star actress and Daily Wire host Brett Cooper.

When Daily Wire co-founder Jeremy Boreing first announced the live-action
adaptation, he took aim at Disney for disavowing its classic animated
version. “Instead of telling stories about timeless truth, what the ancient
fairy tales were all about,” said Boreing. “Disney’s new ‘Snow White’ is an
apology for their past and will expose children to the popular but
destructive lies of the current moment.”

Disney has since pushed back its remake’s release date by a full year.
Following the revelation in October, Boreing said the actors’ strike in
Hollywood would be used as an excuse for the film’s delayed release, but
guessed Disney is likely scrambling to reshoot large parts of the film.

“My guess is the SAG strike excuse is just cover and that they are actually
reshooting large parts of the movie to make it a more faithful adaptation of
their own classic film,” Boreing posted to X, formerly Twitter. “Will be
interesting to see how Rachel Zegler and Gal Gadot walk back their previous
denouncements and insistence that this movie will be different…”

--
Let's go Brandon!

Ian J. Ball

Dec 13, 2023, 10:11:27 AM12/13/23
On 12/13/23 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> Disney actress Rachel Zegler, a vocal left-wing activist, is singing a
> different tune about the 1937 animated film “Snow White” amid backlash over
> her past feminist complaints about the Disney classic — and after The Daily
> Wire announced it is producing its own take on the timeless fairy tale.
>
> During an interview for Variety with fellow Disney actress Halle Bailey,
> Zegler gushed over the original “Snow White” as “a monumental moment in film
> history.”
>
> “The cartoon is so beloved — it’s like a monumental moment in film history.
> It’s the first feature-length cartoon movie, to the point where it won
> honorary Oscars, and all these amazing things that happened for that film are
> the reason that you and I get to sit here today, because it made Disney what
> it is,” Zegler told Bailey, who starred as Ariel in the live-action version
> of Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”
>
> The actress went on to veer away from her past comment, saying she “loves
> everything the Disney company has put out” since its inception.

The only thing worse than coming off like a woke nutter?! - Seeming to
be completely insincere.

This will not help B.O. Likely just the opposite.

BTR1701

Dec 13, 2023, 4:47:46 PM12/13/23
In article <ulca5f$4u16$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> Disney actress Rachel Zegler, a vocal left-wing activist, is singing a
> different tune about the 1937 animated film SNOW WHITE amid backlash over
> her past feminist complaints about the Disney classic-- and after The Daily
> Wire announced it is producing its own take on the timeless fairy tale.
>
> During an interview for Variety with fellow Disney actress Halle Bailey,
> Zegler gushed over the original SNOW WHITE as "a monumental moment in film
> history".

Hmm... that's a far cry from your previous characterization of the film
as a weird tale of a pervy guy stalking an unconscious girl, Rachel. I
wonder what happened to change your views?

> "The cartoon is so beloved-- it's like a monumental moment in film history.
> It's the first feature-length cartoon movie, to the point where it won
> honorary Oscars, and all these amazing things that happened for that film are
> the reason that you and I get to sit here today, because it made Disney what
> it is," Zegler told Bailey, who starred as Ariel in the live-action version
> of Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID.

Sounds like Mickey Mouse came down from the mountain, sat this little
shit down, and had a come-to-Jesus meeting with her and told her that if
she knows what's good for her everything that comes out of her from this
point forward will be singing Disney's and SNOW WHITE's praises. That if
she farts, it better sound like zip-a-dee-doo-dah.

anim8rfsk

Dec 13, 2023, 8:03:58 PM12/13/23
Yep, amazingly, she’s made me like her less.

Ubiquitous

Dec 14, 2023, 7:27:39 AM12/14/23
That's EXACTLY what happened, as reported by Doomcock on YouTube several months ago.

> DISNEY TELLS RACHEL ZEGLER TO *SHUT UP* IN MEETING AFTER SNOW WHITE *BACKLASH* SOURCE CLAIMS!:
> Disney is extremely upset over the raging controversy swirling around Rachel
> Zigler's insulting and idiotic comments about the original animated classic
> Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, making a bad situation with a substandard
> woke live action remake even WORSE, and my Hollywood spies have sent me a
> report they feel HIGHLY CONFIDENT about stating Rachel Zegler has been called
> to the carpet in Iger's office and told to SHUT UP! Here's the latest on the
> controversy as the David Hand, the son of the original director speaks out
> against the remake, and Disney stock continues to flounder in a slough of
> despond! #disney #snowwhite #rachelzegler
> https://youtu.be/dwlV2ah8bKc

This was in mid-August. She was probably practicing her new lines since then.

anim8rfsk

Dec 14, 2023, 8:01:36 AM12/14/23
The upside is, maybe Disney will start bitch slapping stinky cheese Larson
into submission.

Or just start bitch slapping her. That would be OK too.

Rhino

Dec 14, 2023, 2:08:47 PM12/14/23
On Wed, 13 Dec 2023 07:11:24 -0800
"Ian J. Ball" <ijb...@mac.invalid> wrote:

"B.O."?? Body Odour?

--
Rhino

Rhino

Dec 14, 2023, 2:11:03 PM12/14/23
With at least a strong hint that if she fails to do this, the whole
bloody film will be reshot with a different actress playing Snow White.

--
Rhino

A Friend

Dec 14, 2023, 2:43:35 PM12/14/23
In article <20231214140...@example.com>, Rhino
For crying out loud. Box Office.

anim8rfsk

Dec 14, 2023, 4:54:54 PM12/14/23
I was thinking Barack Obama. Pretty much the same thing.

Ubiquitous

Dec 18, 2023, 7:51:35 AM12/18/23
anim...@cox.net wrote:
Last I heard, Disney was going to dump her if THE MARVELS flopped, possibly
allowing her to claim she was quiting because of the mean ol' fanboys.

At risk of jinxing things, I haven't seen her in any Nissan commercials for a
few months.