Toy Story Secret: The Books behind Woody!

Rusty Martin

Nov 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/19/99

I was watching Toy Story last night as I often do, and made an interesting
discovery. In the opening scene where Woody calls a staff meeting to inform
the toys that Andy's birthday party is that day, I took note of the books on
the shelf behind Woody's head.

Included among them are...

The Adventures of Andre and Wally B.
Red's Dream
Tin Toy
Knicknack

"Red's Dream," "Tin Toy" and "Knicknack" were all titles of Pixar Animation
Studios short films directed by John Lasseter! Additionally, "The Adverntures
of Andre and Wally B." was also a film directed by Lasseter. Very cool, I
thought.

So now, after a day or so of searching, I can't seem to find any reference to
"Luxo Jr." This film was nominated for Best Animated Short Film in 1986, is
also created by Pixar and Lasseter, and will be shown in theaters along with
"Toy Story 2." Can anyone else find a reference to that film?

There are a couple of books that I can't read the titles, but they don't seem
to say Luxo Jr.

Additionally, I found the following other titles amongst the books:

Twist and Twirl
Scooter Run
Ant and Bee Go on Vacation
Feet First
Help the Planet
Pale Cowboy from Texas

Anyone out there want to take a stab at the significance of those titles?

Rusty Martin

First God made idiots, that was for practice. Then he
made school boards. -- Mark Twain
http://members.aol.com/rustyblkjk

webmaster

Nov 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/19/99
Rusty,

You can buy a video of them at
http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Videostore/Associated.html#Pixar

You can learn more about them at and see some outtakes at

http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Movies/Secrets/TinyToyStories.html

And Toy STory fun facts at
http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Movies/Secrets/ToyStory.html

Tom

Rusty Martin wrote:

http://www.newsfeeds.com The Largest Usenet Servers in the World!
------== Over 73,000 Newsgroups - Including Dedicated Binaries Servers ==-----

Rusty Martin

Nov 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/19/99
webm...@hiddenmickeys.org wrote:

Thanks, I appreciate it. I've been visiting hiddenmickeys.org for years and
there's a link to it on my site.

What I'm really interested in is finding direct references within Toy Story to
Luxo Jr, as was done with the other films, *and* if anyone knows what the
significance of the other book titles I mentioned.

Anyone?

webmaster

Nov 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/19/99
The reference for Luxo is on the Fun Facts page. I don't know abou the others.

Tom

Joe

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99
others have provided specifics to your question, but in general, there
is a website http://us.imdb,com that is great for finding stuff like
that. "imdb" is for "internet movie database", and entering "Luxo Jr."
on their search brings immediate results. This is a gold mine of info
on movies of all types.
--
JOE

tonybrew...@gmail.com

May 10, 2019, 6:49:52 PM5/10/19
Hi all, wow 1999.... I was on secondary school. Left in 2001. Damn I'm getting old. I'm 34 my ex is 41 and I've made her watch this we both drunk and I've paused it to see the book titles haha. I doubt any of you are around but nice to meet you

joe_je...@hotmail.com

May 13, 2020, 7:49:47 AM5/13/20
Maybe "pale cowboy from texas" is a clint eastwood "Pale Rider" reference