Guns returning to DL Jungle Cruise...

Nothing

Sep 28, 2004, 8:20:55 AM9/28/04

As early as October 1st I heard. Some JC CMs have already been
re-trained on using them (for show and emergency calls) and some other
CMs have heard the past classic 'bang bang' from backstage.

I just hope they write some new jokes .. management is requiring the
skippers to stick tightly to the 'official and non-improvisorial
script'. Not the OLD/classic (read: dry) Ravenscroft/JC script.. but
the most recent management approved version.

Ride JC before it changes (goes back in time) during it's next
extended/extensive refurb.

MagicO

Sep 28, 2004, 10:58:19 AM9/28/04

Nothing wrote:

> As early as October 1st I heard. Some JC CMs have already been
> re-trained on using them (for show and emergency calls) and some other
> CMs have heard the past classic 'bang bang' from backstage.

That is good news.
The Jungle Cruise has always been a favorite of mine.
The guns were missed. Thank you Disneyland.

skfghfjh

Sep 29, 2004, 5:05:03 PM9/29/04
Nothing wrote:

> As early as October 1st I heard. Some JC CMs have already been
> re-trained on using them (for show and emergency calls) and some other
> CMs have heard the past classic 'bang bang' from backstage.

Why were the guns removed in the first place?

llump41

Sep 29, 2004, 8:36:13 PM9/29/04

> Why were the guns removed in the first place?
PC crap. it still amazes me that you can't buy a gun at DL but swords,
sabers, knifes are all ok

Nothing

Sep 29, 2004, 10:48:20 PM9/29/04

(The below information is copied and pasted from the Mouseinfo.com
boards .. a mighty fine site, check it out! :))

> > > Okay, I'm not just defending Paul (Pressler) here, but the decision to get rid of the guns had absolutely nothing to do with him. The decision was originally made out in Florida by that management team. Don't know if you knew this or not, but the Magic Kingdom in WDW got rid of their guns long before we did out here.

When George Kaligredos (bad spelling I know, but I hated him anyhow so I
didn't pay any attention in tyring to spell his last name correctly)
came out from WDW to basically be the 2nd in charge of the Resort under
Cynthia he made the desicion to kill the guns. Paul, then president of
Parks & Resorts, had nothing to do with the decision.

Now I also blame Cynthia for not stepping in and overriding George's
desicion, but she didn't due to her ignorance of the history of that
attraction.

I haven't heard yet if the guns have returned to WDW, but the desicion
to bring the guns back to DLR for Jungle came from Greg Emmer and once
again the president of Parks & Resorts, Jay (Rasulo), had nothing to do
with that decision. Ironically Greg came from WDW, but he also started
his Disney career with Disneyland back in the 1960's when knew Jungle
personally way back then as a supervisor. So he had history with the
attraction.

Good for us. < < <
__________________
Marcie

Bruce L. Bergman

Sep 30, 2004, 12:58:28 AM9/30/04
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:23:02 GMT, Gwendolyn Ann Smith
<gw...@gwensmith.comatose> wrote:

>In article <415956F5...@GreatestThingAliveToday.thc>,

> Nothing <FasterThanG...@GreatestThingAliveToday.thc> wrote:
>
>> As early as October 1st I heard. Some JC CMs have already been
>> re-trained on using them (for show and emergency calls) and some other
>> CMs have heard the past classic 'bang bang' from backstage.
>

>Excellent news!

Somehow, getting "Six Shot" on JC without the Skipper having a
shooting iron on hand to really shot them with (using the full-load
'Emergency' blank shells of course) simply loses something in the
translation. ;-P

(She sells Sea Shells by the Sea Shore...)

>> I just hope they write some new jokes .. management is requiring the
>> skippers to stick tightly to the 'official and non-improvisorial
>> script'. Not the OLD/classic (read: dry) Ravenscroft/JC script.. but
>> the most recent management approved version.
>

>That is a shame. I prefer a touch of improv here and there in the
>attraction.

I thought they were allowed to throw in their own jokes and lines,
as long as they were cleared by a Manager first. And of course the
really good ones would get stolen, and after a while they'd be a part
of everyone's spiel...

--<< Bruce >>--
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545

Captain Crane

Sep 28, 2004, 4:27:07 PM9/28/04
You here that nothing - There comming back for you....

Gwendolyn Ann Smith

Sep 29, 2004, 2:23:02 PM9/29/04
In article <415956F5...@GreatestThingAliveToday.thc>,
Nothing <FasterThanG...@GreatestThingAliveToday.thc> wrote:

> As early as October 1st I heard. Some JC CMs have already been
> re-trained on using them (for show and emergency calls) and some other
> CMs have heard the past classic 'bang bang' from backstage.

Excellent news!

> I just hope they write some new jokes .. management is requiring the
> skippers to stick tightly to the 'official and non-improvisorial
> script'. Not the OLD/classic (read: dry) Ravenscroft/JC script.. but
> the most recent management approved version.

That is a shame. I prefer a touch of improv here and there in the
attraction.

> Ride JC before it changes (goes back in time) during it's next
> extended/extensive refurb.

It sounds like 2005 will be good for Adventureland. Totally refurbed
Tiki, Aladdin's Oasis being worked on (anyone have any concrete clues
about this?), and now a cruise complete with the good ol' guns.

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

--
_
| )
|--|/------ Gwendolyn Ann Smith-Writer & Designer ---|
|--|----------- gwen at gwensmith dot com -----------|
|-/|.------ Listen to the Sounds of Disneyland ------|
|(-|-)------- http://www.gwensmith.com/dland/ -------|
|-`|'----- AA1p0 CCWB0 aAR ED400 FY2 nk0 W21 M25 ----|
0 |
`v'

Nothing

Sep 30, 2004, 3:01:20 AM9/30/04

> >> As early as October 1st I heard. Some JC CMs have already been
> >> re-trained on using them (for show and emergency calls) and some other
> >> CMs have heard the past classic 'bang bang' from backstage.
> >
> >Excellent news!
>
> Somehow, getting "Six Shot" on JC without the Skipper having a
> shooting iron on hand to really shot them with (using the full-load
> 'Emergency' blank shells of course) simply loses something in the
> translation. ;-P
>
> (She sells Sea Shells by the Sea Shore...)
>
> >> I just hope they write some new jokes .. management is requiring the
> >> skippers to stick tightly to the 'official and non-improvisorial
> >> script'. Not the OLD/classic (read: dry) Ravenscroft/JC script.. but
> >> the most recent management approved version.
> >
> >That is a shame. I prefer a touch of improv here and there in the
> >attraction.
>
> I thought they were allowed to throw in their own jokes and lines,
> as long as they were cleared by a Manager first. And of course the
> really good ones would get stolen, and after a while they'd be a part
> of everyone's spiel...

Maynard and some of the female skippers are still the best IMO. It's
been a while.. I need to ride JC a few times soon before it goes down
for refurb/rumored changes.

Fab

Sep 30, 2004, 3:03:46 AM9/30/04

So that Downtown Disney guests wouldn't hit the deck every seven minutes.

Fab

New boards are up: http://www.fabsboards.com

Brian Bower

Sep 30, 2004, 3:08:10 AM9/30/04
you here that nothing... The Nuns are returning for you..... hahahaha

Nothing

Sep 30, 2004, 3:24:23 AM9/30/04

> you here that nothing... The Nuns are returning for you..... hahahaha

Oi! f'kin dry up already, ye stupid, stupid, stupid cunt!

Flush..

Captain Crane

Oct 5, 2004, 4:21:28 AM10/5/04
Well I never Nothing !!!!