Disney/Pixar's 'Onward' Banned In Multiple Middle East Countries Due To Lesbian Reference

1 view

Biden nursing home

Mar 11, 2020, 1:56:04 AM3/11/20
EXCLUSIVE: Disney/Pixar’s family film Onward has been banned in multiple
Middle East markets due to the film’s minor reference to a lesbian
relationship.

In the movie, about two teenage elf brothers in a mythical world who
embark on a quest for magic, there is a passing reference to an LGBTQ
relationship between two secondary characters.

In the scene, the two lead characters, voiced by Chris Pratt and Tom
Holland, are disguised as their mother’s centaur boyfriend, Officer
Bronco, and get into a conversation about parenting with two female police
officers. The purple cyclops officer named Specter, voiced by Lena Waithe,
commiserates with Officer Bronco and says. “It’s not easy being a new
parent – my girlfriend’s daughter got me pulling my hair out, okay?”

Waithe’s character has been heralded as Disney’s first openly gay
character.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/disney-onward-banned-multiple-middle-east-
markets-lesbian-lgbt-reference-1202876168/