ANNOUNCEMENT

STAFF-NATIVENEWS

Feb 10, 2003, 12:42:22 AM2/10/03

Barefoot Connections, Inc. is pleased to announce its newest communications and outreach program, Degiya'göh Resources.

Degiya'göh Resources is the originator of the internet communications arm of the former "LPDC 1998-Jan2003" committee which assisted in publicizing Leonard's case to people around the world.
{ http://www.freepeltier.org }

Degiya'göh Resources' mission is to provide an information resource base to convey an accurate understanding of indigenous nations, history and contributions, as well as the continuing struggle to maintain cultural identity, promote treaty rights, and to
build self-sufficiency.

While Degiya'goh will focus more specifically on the traditional nations of the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, ongoing Indigenous and human rights issues experienced by Indigenous communities across the continent will be highlighted.

Degiya'göh Resources envisions a youth project in the future. Through a structured retreat and/or seasonal camp, youth will engage in educational and social activities to build strength and pride in cultural identity. Drawing from traditional wisdom, the real
strengths of Indigenous people will be emphasized, along with focus on integrity, honesty and respect for all life.

We welcome our newest program and look forward to the creation of an internet based curricula resource for educators focused on accurate information concerning the people of our indigenous nations.

Board of Directors
Barefoot Connections, Inc.
http://nativenewsonline.org/staff.htm
http://nativenewsonline.org/mission.htm